Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

This is stunning..... Options
Gandale
#1 Posted : 15 May 2020 14:29:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Now I really do like the look of this one. Looks very authentic and is certainly different to other DeAg offerings... Drool Drool Drool … Who else is contemplating taking this one on...…

https://forum.model-spac...amp;m=327061#post327061

Regards

Alan
Ian66
#2 Posted : 15 May 2020 14:44:06

Groups: Registered

I have taken the plunge and odrered this, looks an interesting and different build.
Gandale
#3 Posted : 17 May 2020 09:41:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Ian66 wrote:
I have taken the plunge and odrered this, looks an interesting and different build.

Good to hear Ian, am sure you'll love the challenge with this one.... Hope we get to see your work as you progress..... Enjoy.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
BigMike
#4 Posted : 18 May 2020 11:13:29

I am still on the fence on this one, two reasons..

firstly... unreliability of Deag's ability to service Australian customers..

Secondly... thinking I prefer the full ships.. rigged.. sails etc...

This definitely looks cool and may be an interesting build.. but given the current currency exchange to AUD. not sure if I can sink the $ into it and not wait for the next full ship and see what it is..

though been going through some of the back catalogue and thinking it would be cool to get one of the older subscriptions.. then I figure i may run into the supply issue again...

dilemma's dilemma's.
Sparky1962
#5 Posted : 20 May 2020 18:44:07

evening everyone,
in the fullness of time I will take the plunge. I like this format as I am rubbish at the rigging. but have tooooo many builds (& gardening to do)at present.
keep safe one & all.
Sparky1962
Stuntie
#6 Posted : 21 May 2020 17:39:02

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Gah! I succumbed...

Too nice a kit not to. That's my excuse anyway...

Just hope Deags customer service is a bit more on the ball nowadays...
Cheers
Stuntie.

Building: R2D2 and Sovereign of the Seas
Subscribed: Bounty
Glennboy58
#7 Posted : 28 June 2020 12:39:01

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

I have also taken the plunge.
I’ve completed part one, can’t wait for part2 to arrive !
waschock
#8 Posted : 13 October 2020 17:41:25

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Hi guys, I'm in, waiting for the first stave to arrive. I'm like sparky1962. Good, competent rigging requires a talent I just don't have. I think this kit has the challenges I'm capable of accomplishing (with the forum's help).
If I misplace a step in protocol please correct me, I'm a newbie.
I do have the complete Zero waiting, perhaps when I move into my new quarters.
Stay safe,
Wilmer
Medric
#9 Posted : 09 February 2021 23:36:31

I bought this. My first ever wood model. My first ever sailing ship except for a plastic Half Moon 50 years ago. I have all of the first pack built except the cannon. I didn't print out the templates for the bulkhead frames. They looked, to me, to be nothing more than guides so you don't glue things up wrong. The laser cut parts fit perfectly. I'm using SIG Bond model airplane aliphatic resin glue. My second pack is going to ship to me this week. The most expensive model I will have ever built.
"It is far better to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat ".
Theodore Roosevelt
Silent_Running
#10 Posted : 10 February 2021 11:10:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Gandale wrote:
Now I really do like the look of this one. Looks very authentic and is certainly different to other DeAg offerings... Drool Drool Drool … Who else is contemplating taking this one on...…

https://forum.model-spac...amp;m=327061#post327061

Regards

Alan

I totally agree Alan 100%, construction of an Admiralty model is an exact science, in the same way that dressage is to horse riding. It has exacting standards to produce the perfect model, even more so because the frame is on full display. I’m looking forward to seeing this one. Drool BigGrin
CaptnBirdseye
#11 Posted : 10 February 2021 15:13:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Having read the downloadable instructions, i'll tell you one thing about this build that i like.
You can print off a template that helps you when it comes to fairing the hull Love Drool Love !!!
As one of the most hated parts of ship building for most of us, any help with this task should be lauded ThumpUp

Regards
Gray
Medric
#12 Posted : 11 February 2021 20:28:43

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
BigGrin Having read the downloadable instructions, i'll tell you one thing about this build that i like.
You can print off a template that helps you when it comes to fairing the hull Love Drool Love !!!
As one of the most hated parts of ship building for most of us, any help with this task should be lauded ThumpUp

Regards
Gray

Okay. That's something I was wondering about. Are you referring to the angle of the bow ? Will I need any particular tool to do this ? So far so good and no difficulties with the first pack. The instructions say to gently sand off the scorch marks on the wood frames. I do not wish to change any critical dimensions with over zealous sanding. At what point do I stop sanding. I am retired from the printing industry and I am well aware of precise measurements and dimensions, so this has me wondering. Thank you for any help and advice you can offer to me.

Sincerely,
Medric J. Magann
Billings Montana USA
"It is far better to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat ".
Theodore Roosevelt
CaptnBirdseye
#13 Posted : 11 February 2021 21:58:50

Medric wrote:
CaptnBirdseye wrote:

Regards
Gray

Okay. That's something I was wondering about. Are you referring to the angle of the bow ? Will I need any particular tool to do this ? So far so good and no difficulties with the first pack. The instructions say to gently sand off the scorch marks on the wood frames. I do not wish to change any critical dimensions with over zealous sanding. At what point do I stop sanding. I am retired from the printing industry and I am well aware of precise measurements and dimensions, so this has me wondering. Thank you for any help and advice you can offer to me.

Sincerely,
Medric J. Magann
Billings Montana USA

Hi Medric,
No, I mean for the actual ribs. If the kit was being planked, you would need to ‘fair’ the ribs to make the planks follow the shape of the ship, otherwise they overlay making a ‘clinker ‘ effect

Regards Gray
Medric
#14 Posted : 14 February 2021 16:19:59

Thank you Gray. Well, I've certainly gotten myself into something much bigger than I thought. I called the company and asked them to ship me the whole thing but for some reason they can only ship monthly packets. That may have turned out to be a good thing in my case. I believe I can digest this a little at a time but seeing it all at once might have pushed me over the edge. Slow and steady wins the day.
Sincerely,
Medric J. Magann
Billings Montana USA
Theodore Roosevelt
darbyvet
#15 Posted : 14 February 2021 16:54:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

HI Medric,
you will see on the model space site that some models are available as full kits and some are monthly partworks.Generally speaking the models are released as monthly installments.Once all of the parts have been released the model is usually also offered as a full kit.Since the Bounty is a new release it wont be available as a full kit until all of the monthly parts have been released.
I think it is a good way to build a ship kit.They can be a bit overwhelming when you get a box full of wood all at once and the step by step instructions also help keep you form getting bored or frustrated by breaking down the assmebly into smaller parts.

Carl

Medric
#16 Posted : 14 February 2021 22:52:23

Thank you gentlemen. As soon as I figure out how to add photographs to my posts I'll show you what I've been up to. My second packet should arrive this week.
File Attachment(s):
image.jpg (826kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
Theodore Roosevelt
delboy271155
#17 Posted : 14 February 2021 23:23:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Medric, BigGrin

Have sent you a private message (PM).

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Medric
#18 Posted : 21 February 2021 23:37:51

I see that many of you on this forum are in Jolly Olde England. Must be fun too build models of your history. All that we here in the colonies have is the USS Constitution. I wonder about finding some small figures in scale to my HMS Bounty when I finish it. I don't know how you feel about this but every time I watch the Mel Gibson, Sir Anthony Hopkins movie about the Bounty I get a little angry with Fletcher Christian. Say what you want to about Leiutenant Bligh but he was the Captain and deserved his respect as such. Fletcher Christian was wrong to burn the Kings ship also. That had to have been worth a lot of money back then. I want to find a couple figures and pose them as Bligh and Christian with Bligh shoving a belaying pin up Mr. Christians rear.
Theodore Roosevelt
Medric
#19 Posted : 13 April 2021 23:04:19

I was watching a travel show on TV last night. They went to the English port town where the HMS Victory still exists to this day and is on display. I was stunned ! That old ship is beautiful. It looks as if master cabinet makers or fine furniture builders made it. Nothing cobbled together or haphazard about it at all. I would love to see that in person but probably never will. It's half the world away from where I live. Those who are able to see it should do so.
Theodore Roosevelt
darbyvet
#20 Posted : 14 April 2021 03:20:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I have been on board HMS Victory and USS constitution.Both ships are amazing.

Carl