Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages «<678910>»
Porsche 911 RS 1972.......Turbo conversion 1/8 Options
frah2o
#141 Posted : 22 December 2023 15:22:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

I then moved on to another missing detail: the knobs that regulate the internal climate control, printed and painted following the references.

I then finished the work of passing trough the fuel pipe on the left side, creating some grommets and the oil pipes on the right side.

Collection active: Lotus 97T, Audi Quattro A2, Vw Maggiolino '60

Work in progress: Porsche 911 RS Turbo

Completed model: Delta WRC Martini, Mclaren MP4/4, Golf GTI 1/8 Tuned
frah2o
#142 Posted : 22 December 2023 15:25:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

After almost 4 years of not applying a decal on a seat shell I was a little hesitant........but it was like taking an old bicycle back.

Seat preparation with primer, 2 layers of matt black and a heavy layer of clear gloss on the shell to make the decals adhere better

Usual process of templates (as large as possible so as not to have too many joints), decal, installation with softening aid and hairdryer.
Let it rest for 48 hours and then 4 coats (the first 2 very gently) of clear gloss.

frah2o
#143 Posted : 22 December 2023 15:28:43

looking at some racing or track day 911, I already had in mind how to ventilate the cockpit"

i made a corrugated pipe that comes from under the dashboard....now the air flow is also guaranteed.

frah2o
#144 Posted : 22 December 2023 15:30:48

I then Painted it in matt black externally and chrome silver internally and then definitively mounted in its place

frah2o
#145 Posted : 22 December 2023 15:34:05

While I had the opaque clear coat in my hand for other pieces, by spraying from 1mt away, I tried to flock the rim of the steering wheel...flocking with powder it would have made it become a plush toy. The result satisfies me.

I then moved on to a job that had been waiting for me for a long time, connecting my flat six turbo to the electronics loom and liquids circuits.

Before proceeding I positioned:
fuel accumulator
Additional fuel pumps (1 per engine side)
Relay box
EFI control unit
Various cable glands
Various junction/splitting boxes

frah2o
#146 Posted : 22 December 2023 15:36:19

And some overall photos of the point reached

frah2o
#147 Posted : 22 December 2023 16:08:31

I then finished 2 other jobs that I missed in the lower area of ​​the engine.

I gave a bit of dignity to the supports of the bracket that connects the gearbox to the frame, supports which also serve to hide the usual ugly and unsightly screws

I then finished the entire oil return connection with thermostat/bypass valve for the additional radiator which will be placed at the front.

I tried to follow the trip of the pipe that goes to the front radiator as on the original

And finally camouflage the screws that hold the engine to the frame with the usual hexagon heads made with punch & die.

And finally some general wheatering

frah2o
#148 Posted : 22 December 2023 16:12:10

Once the decal work was finished I moved on to the upholstery work which I knew wasn't too simple....but I did my best.

I created the most extensive templates possible to avoid too many joints and I covered the first seat with very fine adhesive flocking.

It's not without its flaws but overall it seems pretty decent

frah2o
#149 Posted : 22 December 2023 16:14:55

And finally some photos of the whole

frah2o
#150 Posted : 22 December 2023 16:19:19

The second bucket seat went even smoother than the first.

Once the seats were finished, which were a nice thought, I moved on to something more relaxing: the 4-point seat belts

Before starting I created a bar for anchoring the lumbar belt and 2 plates for the shoulder ones, plates fixed directly to the rear firewall.

Taking various Schroth models as an example, I printed the buckles and started assembling.

I then downloaded the logo, converted it to png and, using the best possible high quality of my small home printer to the max, I printed the ribbons on adhesive paper. I then covered them with opaque adhesive tape to dampen the translucent effect and on the other side 0.2mm double-sided tape.

And finally assembled everything.

frah2o
#151 Posted : 22 December 2023 16:23:07

I mounted the lumbars belts as first and I add the lumbar tensioner adjustment with yellow tape.

I Then worked on the sparco hub fitting the central nut of steering column.

And finally I assembled everything.

frah2o
#152 Posted : 22 December 2023 16:27:06

And finally the usual photos of the whole.

That's all for this big update...hello everyone and Merry Christmas

Markwarren
#153 Posted : 22 December 2023 19:16:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Another excellent update, fabulous work.Love Love Love

Mark
roymattblack
#154 Posted : 23 December 2023 11:56:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

That's really looking amazing.Love
frah2o
#155 Posted : 08 January 2024 17:04:40

I'll start with another macro section of this 911 which needs to be completely reviewed.

The front section has various gaps and missing.

with the the imprinting that I'm giving it (mixed Track Day and full street illegal), the front area also needs to be revised quite completely
I started thinking about the tank...and some time ago I would buy a double delta issue.

Before my adventures in 3D I think I would have adopted the Delta tank; now after having viewed various photos of real Porsches I will redesign everything following the ATL tank as an example with some modifications.

Another part to look at: the area of ​​the bulkhead where there is the internal ventilation fan - air box unit which has been greatly minimized.

frah2o
#156 Posted : 08 January 2024 17:06:41

I started working on the bulkhead between the front passenger compartment. I welded it, engraved it and inclined it and aligned the upper part with the base of the windshield.

I then closed the modified bulkhead laterally with 2 plasticard flaps.

In this way I created the space to design the ventilation and fan assembly which I will design following the references of the original spare part.

frah2o
#157 Posted : 08 January 2024 17:09:29

I imported the profile into Fusion360 of the inatake of the future airbox fixed to the base of the windshield.

I then quoted the volumes to design the airbox.

Once I had the airbox assembly printed separate from the fan, I attached it to the vent at the base of the windshield.

Compared to the kit one, it now has a little more verisimilitude to its sister in 1:1

frah2o
#158 Posted : 08 January 2024 17:11:45

Having finished the first part with the fan box I moved on to another big lack: the brake booster - reservoir - master cylinder group of the braking system.

Between references and dimensions allowed by the model I started to design it.

I had to modify the frame as there was a rib that was longer than necessary compared to the 1:1.
Once the area was prepared, I had the opportunity to test the dimensions and dimensions of the new brake booster group.... and after some adjustments and reprinting I arrived at the final group consisting of:

-brake booster support with reservoir bracket and internal linkage that connects to the brake pedal
- brake booster cylinder with vacuum hose connection
- Tank (divided into 2)
- Tank cap
- master cylinder
- circuit pressure sensors

frah2o
#159 Posted : 08 January 2024 17:14:23

Work was also completed on the brake booster, another missing element adopted by all 911s that were turned race-street racing: the front strut bar.

The delta hachette kit helps me with the strut bar as a starting base.

Before proceeding with the same bar, I create the supports to weld to the frame, always referring to the references found online.

Once positioned and welded to the frame, I shortened the bar to size.

A global check of the dimensions and test of the dot cap 5.

frah2o
#160 Posted : 08 January 2024 17:18:34

I moved to work in the "sump" of the petrol tank.

Some time my friend opened the window on the bumper for me for the future air flow for the additional oil radiator.

After studying the coupling between the floor and the tank compartment and bumper, this is in the middle.

I started working with the dremel and removed the vertical part (but subsequently also the floor part which can still be seen here).

I built the bottom with plasticard, I then imported the image into the program and after having dimensioned it I started to design and finally printed my tank