Posting Images using a Mac System Options
tnequette
#1 Posted : 24 May 2020 19:57:17

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Gents,

I GOT IT!LOL

POSTING PICTURES ON A MAC SYSTEM

I am using a current model iPhone for my camera. Take picture(s) and then select them to be sent. DO NOT use Air Drop as it converts the format to one we can't use. I send them to myself as mail. Don't forget your Subject line - "Pic" works. When you hit send, a dialog comes up as you to select size, select MEDIUM 640. then send to your computer.

Open your mail and let the pics open on the screen. Left click a shot to select, it will show a slight mask. Right click that pic and select "Send to Downloads Folder". Do this for each picture. Close Mail. The pics are now off the internet and on your computer.

Drag pics from the download folder onto the desktop or into your working folder. I prefer to do the prep work on the desktop and then move into my project file. Click on the pic to open in Preview. Go to the File Menu, pick Adjust Size. You should see the pixels selected are 480X640 already. Prefect, this is why you transmitted them as a medium size. The Resolution is 72 and options are correctly set. Close Preview and change the name as desired, keeping the .jpg format. Now move into your Project Folder and your are ready to lock and load.

After saying the above, you really don't have to do anything but rename the shot. It came out ready to use and file.

Return to the MS forum, write your topic, check Attach Files, click Post, select your pics from the next screen, click Upload, after that completes, click Back.

The job is accomplished.Flapper

Tom