Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Wabies Speeder Bike in Scale 1:6 Options
Wabie
#1 Posted : 01 June 2020 11:24:31

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support Team Germany, Administrator, Official Builds, Tech Support, Moderator, registriert

Hello everybody,

Here is my construction report of the Speeder Bike translated from the German forum.

The construction time until the first flight was from the beginning of March to the end of May.

I wrote the link to the video of the flight at the end of the construction report.

I sat down with a friendly model building club and we decided to build a 1: 6 Speeder Bike drone Smile
here I have the pictures of the design, the upper structure and the figure from Thingiverse (thanks to the two designers)

you can imagine that the speeder will be quite big, so I ended up printing it in 3 parts, Wink

the figure, standing here, Razz it was a challenge to teach sitting,

the throttle and what it should look like afterwards,

I then printed the figure in several parts, because my printers make a maximum of 22cm x 22cm x 25cm,

the complete control lever,

mounted on the front of the bike,

times a seat test, how it looks optically,

and then on the bike,

here is a small intermediate step, design of the tailplane, which is responsible for steering,

the design of the middle section, which also holds the battery,

here is a picture of the lower frame, which was made of aluminum square tube, the controllers disappear in a kind of baffle, here also the cables for the power supply of the controller and the platform on which the control unit should sit,

I put the receiver in the rear, there is space and does not bother,

here the lower front panel,

the laser cannon,

the front fuel tank in the draft,

Printed,

the intermediate structure of the front fork in the design,

printed here,

I applied the basic colors to the Speeder Wink

and sometimes with the pilot,

here is the first video of the Speeder's flight test BigGrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56WKB5vmP1E

I wish you all a nice week and stay healthy Smile
Alle Berichte sowie alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung/Zustimmung meinerseits. © Stefan

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

MfG Stefan
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 01 June 2020 16:31:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

that is AWESOME.Can you put a gopro camera on it? it woudl be awesome to see the troopers point of view as you race along close to the ground.

Carl

CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 01 June 2020 18:24:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Drool Love Drool Can’t believe you scratch built that! Amazing stuff
Makes me wish I understood 3D printing Laugh LOL Laugh
Regards Gray
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 01 June 2020 20:07:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That is amazing work and concept Stefan. Looking forward to seeing a video when finished.Love Love Drool

Mark
Wabie
#5 Posted : 01 June 2020 20:17:23

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support Team Germany, Administrator, Official Builds, Tech Support, Moderator, registriert

Markwarren wrote:
That is amazing work and concept Stefan. Looking forward to seeing a video when finished.Love Love Drool

Mark

Thanks Mark and thanks also to all others Smile

did you see the video at the end of the post?

the next flight day is in 2 weeks.
because the speeder is so big i fly it on an airfield for model airplanes, that is safer ThumpUp

Greetings Stefan
Alle Berichte sowie alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung/Zustimmung meinerseits. © Stefan

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

MfG Stefan
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 01 June 2020 20:37:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Missed that, to busy looking at all the pictures. Wow that looks great. At least the weather didn’t hold you back like Elon Musk LOL

Mark
Gandale
#7 Posted : 01 June 2020 23:14:39

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

This is simply outstanding, a fabulous piece of work and a great result.... Loved the video too.....Love Love Love

Regards

Alan