Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages 123>»
Magpie1832's 1/350 Revell Tirpitz (Platinum Ed) Options
magpie1832
#1 Posted : 13 July 2020 10:54:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi All,
Here is the start of my build of DKM Tirpitz.
The kit is good and the accessories made by Pontos are great to. I will be doing a little bit of changing the kit if I see it being incorrect and noticeable. Otherwise it will be as per instructions plus PE.

Chris

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

tigerace
#2 Posted : 13 July 2020 11:01:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great looking Kit Chris ,will be followingBigGrin have built the old Acadmey kit some years ago BigGrin

Cheer`s HIL
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

magpie1832
#3 Posted : 13 July 2020 11:07:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I made a start early by joining the hull sides together last week so had time to dry out.
I have now looked at the hull detail and started cleaning up what i can and replacing some of it.
I have corrected the bow as the kit hull is Bismark mould. The curve is different on the Tirpitz. Also will be replacing the Ladders.
I have installed nuts on the inside ready for pedestals when i get some.

Waiting for post man to bring me my paints as well today. I invested on all the weathering sets too. Pics when they arrive.

Chris

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

CaptnBirdseye
#4 Posted : 13 July 2020 11:09:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Will be REALLY interested to see what you make of this Chris! The etch looks very nice Drool
Following with interest ThumpUp

Regards
Gray
mogwai
#5 Posted : 13 July 2020 21:29:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi look forward to your build of this cheers mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
magpie1832
#6 Posted : 13 July 2020 23:00:12

Thanks guys.
The deck is now on and the prop shafts installed.I also fitted a 2.5mm strip down the centre to put back the strip I sanded off because of the joint but this way you can't see the seem. I have also done the 6 - 15mm guns this evening. I really like the Pontos etch.
Also here are the pics of the stash that came today.

Chris.

On the bench

Markwarren
#7 Posted : 14 July 2020 21:43:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That is a great start Chris, really looking forward to watching this come together.Love Love Drool

Mark
magpie1832
#8 Posted : 14 July 2020 22:44:48

Cheers Mark.

Today was slow. I've drilled out the portholes moved a few aswell to incorporate the 4th ladder at the rear and deleted one on one side as the original plans show ish and added the eyelids. Then I used stretched sprue to simulate the weld lines.

Chris

On the bench

delboy271155
#9 Posted : 16 July 2020 17:42:13

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Off to a very good start from where I am. Cool Cool Cool

Looking forward to the future updates.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#10 Posted : 17 July 2020 11:18:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Chris,
Off to a very nice start with this kit. Looking good.
Will watch the build with interest. Cheers.
Chris (goddo)
magpie1832
#11 Posted : 17 July 2020 22:17:47

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

I ordered some Mk1 portholes and the eduard set as it has extra bits the Pontos set didn't.
I have marked off the deck to remove the furniture ready for replacing.
I have had a go at making the blast bags with milliput. Very tricky but look better than none there. I then started to drill the hull with 0.3mm drill for the steps on the side.

Chris

On the bench

Gandale
#12 Posted : 18 July 2020 10:09:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great to see this one under way Chris, loving the extra detail you're applying....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#13 Posted : 18 July 2020 13:12:36

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

You’re doing a great job Chris.Love Love Love all the extra detailing going into this.Love Love

Mark
tigerace
#14 Posted : 18 July 2020 20:51:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work Chris Drool love those blast bagsBigGrin

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

DaDokta
#15 Posted : 20 July 2020 09:40:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wonderful start!
Will follow with great interest!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
magpie1832
#16 Posted : 20 July 2020 22:51:07

Thanks guys. Appreciate your nice comments.

Here I have done quite a bit of modding. I started ny removing the steps and the detail then I removed one bit off the smoke stack and replaced with plasticard. Also I cut out the vents and made my own. I fitted the next part which had gaps so cut the supports off and replaced again with plasticard. Iv'e installed some of the ribs, not to happy with them but no other way to do them with my ability. Installed some of the ladders to.

I have also finished installing the steps on the Hull.

Chris

On the bench

DaDokta
#17 Posted : 21 July 2020 07:46:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Incredible detail!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Markwarren
#18 Posted : 21 July 2020 08:03:10

That is excellent work Chris.Love Love Love Some really fine modelling skills on display.Love

Mark
magpie1832
#19 Posted : 22 July 2020 23:28:57

Thanks guys.

I have now finished the Funnel. All ready for primer. I have now started on the decks. I started by cutting the deck in half at a point where you can't see it so I can handle the two halves easier. Then moved on to drilling out the portholes then removing detail also the parts needed to be removed for the PE to be fitted. I also removed the vents and replaced with my own.

Chris

On the bench

DaDokta
#20 Posted : 23 July 2020 07:45:48

Nice update!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds: