Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<45678>»
Magpie1832's 1/350 Revell Tirpitz (Platinum Ed) Options
Gandale
#101 Posted : 01 December 2020 00:20:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very impressive work Chris. The effects you have achieved with your painting skills is simply outstanding...... Very well done....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#102 Posted : 01 December 2020 09:08:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Just gets better and better.Drool Drool

Mark
magpie1832
#103 Posted : 16 December 2020 00:19:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi All,Thanks for looking in and comments, been a little slow over past couple of weeks. I have masked the decks then painted in Light grey. Now I'm masking off for the camo on the Fore structure.

Chris.

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Markwarren
#104 Posted : 16 December 2020 09:17:03

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That details just pops out now you’ve got that coat on. Excellent work Chris.Drool Drool

Mark
DaDokta
#105 Posted : 16 December 2020 10:40:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow - this is looking fabulous! I guess that masking is not quite easy!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Kev the Modeller
#106 Posted : 16 December 2020 21:48:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice work on that superstructure Chris. All of that lovingly applied PE detail really pops when it's all brought together with a coat of grey over the top of it! I don't envy you trying to mask that lot without accidentally knocking a few bits off or bending them out of shape!

Excellent work so far, well done and keep it up. Drool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Gandale
#107 Posted : 17 December 2020 01:00:55

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautiful.... love it Chris... Looking at that superstructure gives me an indication as to how my Bizzy will hopefully look.... Can see masking off may be a little problematic.....BigGrin BigGrin .. Keep those pics coming....

Regards

Alan
goddo
#108 Posted : 17 December 2020 09:15:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Very nice work, Chris.
Keep it coming.
magpie1832
#109 Posted : 18 December 2020 23:48:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Guys, Thanks for the nice comments.
Here I have finished masking most of the structure. I have also done painted the medium grey so I can then mask the rest for the Dark Grey.

Chris

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

birdaj2
#110 Posted : 19 December 2020 00:53:54

That looks some complicated masking you have had to do Chris.

Love all of the intricate detail .

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
budgie
#111 Posted : 19 December 2020 08:05:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

BigGrin Hi Chris
As Tony says looks complicated

Cool Think it takes a lot of time,patience, skill and experienceCool

I would be too scared to attempt this kind of paint job

Am dreading if I ever get to the painting stage of mine with the basic grey, hull red and bootstrap which are straight lines

Can’t wait to see the end resultDrool will set model to palladium editionDrool

May I ask as never attempted anything like this myself

Once your masking is complete can you spray the exposed areas the colour you want or do you have to spray the same colour that is under the masking firstConfused
Thanks
magpie1832
#112 Posted : 20 December 2020 02:15:56

budgie wrote:
BigGrin

Once your masking is complete can you spray the exposed areas the colour you want or do you have to spray the same colour that is under the masking firstConfused

@ Budgie. I just spray the colour needed as I haven't really had colour bleed under Tamiya or Kabuki tape. But I get what you mean to seal the edge of the tape first.
Thanks for looking In.

Hi All Thanks for looking in and the nice comments.
I have now masked off, sprayed and removed all masking with no breakages. Im happy with the result just need to touch up a few areas then onto weathering it.

Chris

On the bench

Markwarren
#113 Posted : 20 December 2020 10:32:54

Superb work Chris. That is some time consuming masking to get that effect. Drool Drool

Mark
DaDokta
#114 Posted : 22 December 2020 09:39:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The extensive masking payed off! The camouflage looks great!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Gandale
#115 Posted : 22 December 2020 13:46:54

Fabulous result on the camo painting Chris. Love Love . In fact, it's so good I think I'll send you my Bizzie to paint when she's built.....Laugh Laugh Laugh ... Look forward to seeing more....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Kev the Modeller
#116 Posted : 22 December 2020 21:32:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Credit where it's due Chris, that's a fantastic bit of camo painting and very much the result of some very time consuming and accurate masking. Well worth all of that effort!

Very well done, she looks great! Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
budgie
#117 Posted : 24 December 2020 09:04:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

BigGrin Hi Chris
Drool Looks like she has turned out very wellDrool Drool

I suspect this will be down to the amount of time, patience and skill invested in the preparation before the actual painting process
Crying (I have 1 out of those 3LOL )
magpie1832
#118 Posted : 30 December 2020 15:17:57

Hi Guys, Hope all are well.
Thanks for looking in and the nice comments.
I have made a start on the rest of the main structure section by section. I have also weathered the deck slightly to make it look worn and dirty.

Chris

On the bench

Markwarren
#119 Posted : 31 December 2020 11:09:23

Excellent work Chris.Love Love That decking looks stunning.Love Love

Mark
magpie1832
#120 Posted : 03 January 2021 23:44:23

Hi guys,
Thanks for looking in and comments.
Sorry for the lack of pics, I did do 21 pics of this stage but my Memory card packed in while plugged into Macbook. It's now un recognised by any device. So had to use an older card for now.
This section is ready for primer but will move upwards and make more so can prime at same time.

Chris

On the bench