Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<56789>»
Magpie1832's 1/350 Revell Tirpitz (Platinum Ed) Options
Markwarren
#121 Posted : 04 January 2021 20:10:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking very nice Chris.Love Love

Mark
magpie1832
#122 Posted : 04 January 2021 20:23:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thanks for looking in guys. I have had another few hours on it today and done the next level and started the next one. Then it can have a coat of Primer. Had to scratch a few parts as one or two PE parts went ping to the monster. Plus a few additional parts.

Chris

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

magpie1832
#123 Posted : 05 January 2021 23:16:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi guys, Here is the next update. I have started on the main rangefinder and radar antenna. These are fiddly and very small. But very enjoyable to make.

Chris

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

magpie1832
#124 Posted : 08 January 2021 00:29:22

Hi Guys, I have now finished the first Range finder.
Chris

On the bench

Markwarren
#125 Posted : 08 January 2021 09:58:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Lovely work Chris. The PE.just makes all the difference.Love Love

Mark
magpie1832
#126 Posted : 09 January 2021 15:39:42

Thanks for looking in and comments.
I finished the second Rangefinder then Primed with badger stynylrez primer. I thought I'd try it out after reading a few reviews. I must say its very good. Thinned 50% with UMP thinners and a few drops of WN flow improver. I then gave it a coat of the Light grey, now mark out and mask for the Darker grey.

Chris

On the bench

Markwarren
#127 Posted : 09 January 2021 17:01:54

Looking very impressive.Love Love

Mark
goddo
#128 Posted : 09 January 2021 17:19:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Stunning stuff Chris.
I really like this build.
Chris
Gandale
#129 Posted : 10 January 2021 12:11:21

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Stunning, just stunning work Chris... There is nothing about this build I don't love... Keep those pics coming.....Love Love Love

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#130 Posted : 10 January 2021 23:16:46

Thanks guys, for looking in and the nice comments.
I have now masked, painted and stuck the deck down on the upper structure and temporarily fitted in place the range finders to see what it all looks like. just needs weathering now.

Chris

On the bench

delboy271155
#131 Posted : 11 January 2021 22:19:41

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Chris, BigGrin

Absolutely "Top Notch" work.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

You are a braver man than me, I`d be scared stiff weathering over all that great paint work.Crying Crying

I`m sure it will look great with your expertise.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

magpie1832
#132 Posted : 15 January 2021 01:06:02

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi Chris, BigGrin

Absolutely "Top Notch" work.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

You are a braver man than me, I`d be scared stiff weathering over all that great paint work.Crying Crying

I`m sure it will look great with your expertise.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Yeah can be daunting lol, I give a clear coat to protect the paint then weather a little then clear coat then add more weathering so I can rub off if I don't like what I've done.

Thanks all for looking in.
Here I have weathered to what I think is enough without overdoing it.

Chris

On the bench

DaDokta
#133 Posted : 15 January 2021 07:42:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Incredible craftsmanship! All that detail - and the weathering - i`m so impressed!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Markwarren
#134 Posted : 16 January 2021 16:42:40

Incredible work Chris.Love Love The weathering is absolutely spot on.

Mark
magpie1832
#135 Posted : 21 January 2021 21:51:19

Thanks guys for looking in and comments.

I have started to make the Skylights. I removed them at the beginning as the moulded ones are completely naf even with the PE fitted on them so I have made them out of styrene. I had to make a jig to cut them. There is 28 to make.
Also I have started the other skylights on 9 of these ones. Also made 2 more boat stands.

Chris

On the bench

Kev the Modeller
#136 Posted : 22 January 2021 21:23:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Very nice work all round Chris, building up to becoming an impressive model when complete.

Well done. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Gandale
#137 Posted : 23 January 2021 00:57:33

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You've outdone yourself with this build Chris, she's simply amazing.... Think I'll be coming to you for some painting tips....BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin .. Very well done, a real pleasure to see come together.....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#138 Posted : 23 January 2021 10:14:43

Outstanding work Chris. It is a pleasure watching this come together.Love Love Drool Drool

Mark
tigerace
#139 Posted : 23 January 2021 13:46:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Outstanding work ChrisBigGrin love the paintingDrool Drool

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Garth
#140 Posted : 25 January 2021 09:06:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Chris,
Fantastic build. Your weathering is amazingDrool Drool Drool
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.