Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Fitting of Wide Strakes (page 80) Options
Glennard
#1 Posted : 25 July 2020 10:21:21

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I have a question regarding the fitting of wide strakes (page 80 of the instructions. The instructions state they are fitted between from bulkheads 5 to 14, with a join at bulkhead 9. The shaping of bulkhead would suggest the part is fitted between bulkheads 6 to 14

The shaped strake that sits below, according to the instructions, run from bulkheads 6 to 12 and fits with the stepped shaping on the bulkheads.

Therefore, is the instructions related to the fitting of the wide strakes between bulkheads 5 to 14 correct or should fitted between bulkheads 6 to 14 ?

Current WIP: IJN Yamato
Completed builds: Scottish Maid, HMS Victory (Caldercraft) & HM Sloop Brig Speedy (Vanguard Models)

Web: https://modelshipworld.c...-model-space-1250-scale/
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 25 July 2020 13:09:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Glennard wrote:
I have a question regarding the fitting of wide strakes (page 80 of the instructions. The instructions state they are fitted between from bulkheads 5 to 14, with a join at bulkhead 9. The shaping of bulkhead would suggest the part is fitted between bulkheads 6 to 14

The shaped strake that sits below, according to the instructions, run from bulkheads 6 to 12 and fits with the stepped shaping on the bulkheads.

Therefore, is the instructions related to the fitting of the wide strakes between bulkheads 5 to 14 correct or should fitted between bulkheads 6 to 14 ?

Hi

The official build in the link below / post#25 / last pic shows the wide strakes between bulkheads 5 and 14 with a joint at 9. As per the instructions.

https://forum.model-spac...=posts&t=89&p=2

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Glennard
#3 Posted : 25 July 2020 14:25:48

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thanks Derek
I did try looking at the photo's but the forum has a problem displaying all the pictures and I have to refresh the web page several times to see all the photos. I now seen the official build photo in question.

Current WIP: IJN Yamato
Completed builds: Scottish Maid, HMS Victory (Caldercraft) & HM Sloop Brig Speedy (Vanguard Models)

Web: https://modelshipworld.c...-model-space-1250-scale/