Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Expert Tip Painting Options
slimguy
#1 Posted : 02 August 2020 22:22:42

Groups: Registered

Just started my Jaguar build and have a question regarding the expert tip for the engine block issues 12 and 13. The published tip explains that much of the engine block is unseen when placed in the car. Are most of you skipping the tip of painting the engine block as suggested in the tip? For those of you who did paint the block did you find it was worth the added effort? If I choose to paint I presume the I should mask and prime the sections I will paint? Any issues any of you know of when using Tamiya paints?
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 03 August 2020 09:03:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Have a look at my customised build here:

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=24782

I made lots of alterations to the kit and umpteen mods to the engine.
You'll find lots of info on painting etc.
Tamiya paints should present no problems whatsoever.

Have fun with the build. It's a great kit.

Roy
slimguy
#3 Posted : 03 August 2020 15:13:48

Groups: Registered

Roy, thanks for the response and the link to your build. After looking at your pictures there is no doubt that adding the paint as suggested in the Expert Tip really enhances the overall look and depth of the engine. I am off to do some masking now! I am quite sure as I progress on my build I will have many more questions. I hope you see my future posts and respond. Thanks for the advice and sharing the pictures of your impressive work.
Slim