Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Lamborghini Huracan body shell and RC receiver Options
Imran007
#1 Posted : 21 August 2020 13:38:11

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone, I’m new here and also new to building RC nitro kits, I started to build the Huracan about just over a year ago and stopped after Pack 6 because of financial issues. I’ve since now got the complete kit and just wondering if anyone might help me out a bit.
First of all, I wanted to repaint the Huracan as I’m not happy with the present colour and been searching online for removing and repainting it and found it’s hard to remove the paint so I’ve decided to see if I can repaint it on the outside. I’ve bought tamiyas PS rattle can and wanted to know is it safe to paint it on the outside without it losing any paint off it when I get going.
The other thing I wanted to find out about the RC receiver. I’m a bit confused as to the specs and size that I should go for and wanted to know the best and if possible the cheapest that I can buy, I live in London and hopefully someone can help me out here. I noticed model space got a battery pack with the charger, I wanted to know how long the battery lasts for on a full charge. I appreciate someone’s time and effort in helping me out here. Thanks in advance.
magpie1832
#2 Posted : 21 August 2020 16:01:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum.

The bodies are supposed to be painted on the inside. Ps paint is made for the lexan bodies so it won't peel of as others would bit you will find it to be slightly transparent and it will be matt. That's why they are painted inside to protect the paint from scuffs and to give the gloss shine.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 21 August 2020 16:54:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Imram, BigGrin

Welcome to the forum.Cool Cool

There are lots of theories to remove paint from a Lexan body shell. Check out this link below:

Note: One thing you must be aware of, is that if you try to do this by any method and it all goes wrong, then Deag/Modelspace cannot be held responsible for the outcome.

https://www.tamiyaclub.c...om-lexan-polycarbonate/

Your other questions, unfortunately I can`t help with as I`ve not built this kit.

One day, maybe.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Imran007
#4 Posted : 21 August 2020 22:55:25

Hi,
Many thanks for your replies.

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi Imram, BigGrin

Welcome to the forum.Cool Cool

There are lots of theories to remove paint from a Lexan body shell. Check out this link below:

Note: One thing you must be aware of, is that if you try to do this by any method and it all goes wrong, then Deag/Modelspace cannot be held responsible for the outcome.

https://www.tamiyaclub.c...om-lexan-polycarbonate/

Your other questions, unfortunately I can`t help with as I`ve not built this kit.

One day, maybe.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Derek, I’ve already seen that site and some people suggest brake fluid which I’m not comfortable with, others have said sanding it off, which is going to take sometime.
Thanks anyway, still need someone to help regards to the battery and RC receiver.
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 22 August 2020 19:22:52

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Imran, BigGrin

I`ve been doing some digging and asking some questions relative to your enquiries.

The battery should last for several tanks of fuel as it is only running the servo`s.

The official battery and charger are available in the following link:

https://www.model-space....-smart-charger-kit.html

Now the receiver is a little more tricky as I thought it was supplied with the kit.

As it appears (from what I have been told) that is not the case, then this is the info I have sourced.

You need a 2 channel/2.4GHZ receiver. I have been told that the modern receivers are smaller than the ones available when this kit was produced so fitting should not be an issue. You may wish to buy a stick control transmitter with a receiver if that is your preference or stick with the wheel control supplied. The cost of which is obviously controlled by your available budget.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Imran007
#6 Posted : 22 August 2020 21:14:06

Hi Derek,
Many thanks for your help.
I was aware that I could buy the battery pack separately from model space and wasn’t sure about the receiver. On the website under gifts, it mentions I will get the controller free in pack 12, however, I didn’t get it. I emailed model space and they told me it was out of stock and awaiting for head office to get it. I’m not sure if the receiver comes with the controller as I’ve found out they may have to be the same manufacturer, not sure about this but will keep checking.
Thanks for your time and efforts, are tell greatly appreciated.