Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

No power Options
Darrin.7
#1 Posted : 24 August 2020 00:37:32

Groups: Registered

My R2-D2 was working fine except the head spun too quickly. I received a replacement head motor and now he refuses to power up. When I flip the main power switch nothing happens, same for hitting the on/off button. I checked each Samsung battery to make sure they are fully charged. I checked the connections (I disconnected only the two leading to his head and one to the motor) -no power. I used a voltmeter on each battery and they checked out ok but I’m getting nothing from the battery box’s thick +/- main power wires.

darbyvet
#2 Posted : 24 August 2020 01:20:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Did you re=initialzie the bettery pack.Every time you remove the batteries you need to that that

Carl

Darrin.7
#3 Posted : 31 August 2020 03:49:18

I used the battery tester/charger on each battery and put them back in the battery pack then flipped the switch, nothing happened. No head turn or movement like before. Checked the wires, everything is plugged in where it’s supposed to be and the batteries are all 100% charged.
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 31 August 2020 03:52:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Did you go through the start up procedure again? You need to do that to intialize the battery pack every time the batteries are removed.

Carl

Darrin.7
#5 Posted : 27 December 2020 05:56:39

I tested/recharged each battery individually again, put them in the battery box then did the first time sequence (turned off R2's main power switch/connect AC adapter for a few seconds/disconnected AC adapter/turned main power switch on and turned on R2 with front button) again and all is well!

Thanks every one!

One more question:

Is there a voltage, motor, or traction issue when R2 drifts to one side whilst trying to go straight ahead on a perfectly flat, level surface? Any tips on how to resolve this?