Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Agora Models Bismarck Options
birdaj2
#1 Posted : 25 August 2020 16:52:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

When Agora launched i had hoped for something “special” but at the moment they seem to be supplementing their catalogue with another already running partwork.

This time Bismarck.

Maybe ok for countries that have not seen this one as yet i guess.

https://www.agoramodels.com/

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Martyn Ingram
#2 Posted : 25 August 2020 17:34:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Confused I don't often comment but it would be nice if some of these companies would change it up. It seems to be the same old same old screw together kits ,boring boring boring Mad
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 25 August 2020 18:14:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Confused It’s a shame really as all the seem to be doing is turning into an international forwarding house for other manufacturers kits!
When they launched I think everyone had high hopes for new and innovative kits from them. I appreciate that is the kit is out of stock or unavailable for a particular country it might be a godsend for some. But for me, so far ( with the exception of the Cobra) it’s very disappointing Sad

Just my opinion
birdaj2
#4 Posted : 25 August 2020 19:39:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Confused It’s a shame really as all the seem to be doing is turning into an international forwarding house for other manufacturers kits!
When they launched I think everyone had high hopes for new and innovative kits from them. I appreciate that is the kit is out of stock or unavailable for a particular country it might be a godsend for some. But for me, so far ( with the exception of the Cobra) it’s very disappointing Sad

Just my opinion

Gray

Its an interesting point you make but along my thoughts.

I can see with their international shipping they will pick up orders from countries really wanting some of these kits.

What i did find “interesting” is that when you click on “register interest” on that Bismarck the initial country that appears in the list is USA/Canada.

The dropdown list has UK and many other countries listed and if my “math” is correct UK comes before USA so i think that shows their marketing policy and fair play if it works for them.

I was tempted by that terminator but the monthly cost is way beyond what i would be happy spending.

Interesting as well is the email from agora today Telling me i have till month end to sub to the premium cobra build that is limited to 427 units and if i sign up will be charged at the same monthly rate as the standard edition.

Been available to sub for a couple of months, available to the world, just 427 Specials available and they are telling me its still available.

Makes me wonder why these things are not selling out within days.

According to their online pages the Autumn release will be an “Agora exclusive” whatever that might tiurn out to be.

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 25 August 2020 20:31:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Deagostini and Eaglemoss are the only other partwork companies in USA at the moment.Maybe Agora sees an opportunity in USA. I dont really know. I am watching the Bismarks build on the forum at the moment but I doubt I will get one. I agree that having their own models would be better.I subbed for the Cobra, but after building the Deag mustang I have no interest in the Agora version. I do like the Terminator but there are quite a few complaints about fit on the Facebook groups.

What I would like to see is more complete kits offered and a bit more variety in the type of kits built.

spacejunk
#6 Posted : 25 August 2020 21:09:26

While it is nice that Agora can deliver worldwide, especially here in Australia as we do not have a company specific for partwork model distribution, but we already can get this partwork through newsagents.
I just wish that they would look further than the USA. I know population there is a potential boon for them, but if your a worldwide company it would be nice to release stuff that hasn't been released here before.
I just hope if they are going the Hattchete route, how about releasing the Willy's Jeep, Tomcat, Space Battleship Yamato to name a few.
bfam4t6
#7 Posted : 26 August 2020 01:36:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

spacejunk wrote:
While it is nice that Agora can deliver worldwide, especially here in Australia as we do not have a company specific for partwork model distribution, but we already can get this partwork through newsagents.
I just wish that they would look further than the USA. I know population there is a potential boon for them, but if your a worldwide company it would be nice to release stuff that hasn't been released here before.
I just hope if they are going the Hattchete route, how about releasing the Willy's Jeep, Tomcat, Space Battleship Yamato to name a few.

On that note, I’d like to see all the Japanese cars and the Rally cars. The Skyline and Integrale in particular would be nice to get.
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

admin
#8 Posted : 26 August 2020 06:06:31

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

This thread is headed into an active discussion on desired products. I like the direction.

birdaj2
#9 Posted : 26 August 2020 08:51:02

bfam4t6 wrote:
spacejunk wrote:

On that note, I’d like to see all the Japanese cars and the Rally cars. The Skyline and Integrale in particular would be nice to get.

That sort of car would appeal to me i must say. Some lovely colour schemes and markings available and i think something along those lines would be a bit different.

Tony
Happy Modelling

CaptnBirdseye
#10 Posted : 26 August 2020 09:46:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

birdaj2 wrote:
bfam4t6 wrote:
spacejunk wrote:

That sort of car would appeal to me i must say. Some lovely colour schemes and markings available and i think something along those lines would be a bit different.

Tony

I think the only drawback for a partwork company is that whatever they produced would need to have GLOBAL appeal. To recoup royalties and production costs, the kit would need to sell many thousands. Take the Falcon. The royalties on that would be immense, and a lot to take off your bottom line before you would even start to see any profit BigGrin
darbyvet
#11 Posted : 26 August 2020 14:21:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Yes I agree it must be hard to figure out what to produce. I know in the past there have been partworks that seemed like a shoo in that didnt pass the trial run because of poor sales.I think a couple of companies released Star Trek partworks and they were not popular and sometimes a model will sell like hot cakes in one country and not do as well in others.

Carl

spacejunk
#12 Posted : 27 August 2020 13:27:28

Does Agora have an agreement with just Hatchette, or could they gain licenses from other past partworks from say Eaglemoss or others?
darbyvet
#13 Posted : 27 August 2020 15:46:04

spacejunk wrote:
Does Agora have an agreement with just Hatchette, or could they gain licenses from other past partworks from say Eaglemoss or others?

I am guessing you would need to ask someone at Agora.Whether they would respond I am not sure.I have seen partwork companies partner with other companies occasionally, but often they dont disclose their business dealings with cuatomers.

CaptnBirdseye
#14 Posted : 27 August 2020 17:28:24

BigGrin Just had a newsletter through from Agora. It seems they are working on display stands and cases for the Bismarck.
Now THAT I will be interested in BigGrin