Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hatchette Spitfire in Australia Options
spacejunk
#1 Posted : 27 August 2020 07:43:41

Groups: Registered

To all those Aussies out there looking for this, I found it at my local newsagent. The Hatchette Spitfire as arrived.
S4Simon
#2 Posted : 27 August 2020 08:17:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

But the big question is... do you get the display base if you just go the weekly option from the newsagent ??

From the wording I get that you’ll only receive this base if you subscribe to the monthly delivery from the uk...
BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
spacejunk
#3 Posted : 27 August 2020 09:00:01

S4Simon wrote:
But the big question is... do you get the display base if you just go the weekly option from the newsagent ??

From the wording I get that you’ll only receive this base if you subscribe to the monthly delivery from the uk...

According to the supplied magazines, it comes with the stand - as an extra 20 issues at the end of the model build. Nothing about subscribing to get the diorama stand.
S4Simon
#4 Posted : 27 August 2020 09:32:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I’ll spend the weekend deliberating whether to do this build. I already have a 1/7 and a 1/32 scale spitfire. I suppose this will sit nicely in the middle.

I’m thinking the display stand will be much like the millennium falcon stand where they delivered it with issue 100. Again not sure if the guys that built the falcon thru the newsagent got the free stand.

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
spacejunk
#5 Posted : 27 August 2020 10:09:53

S4Simon wrote:
I’ll spend the weekend deliberating whether to do this build. I already have a 1/7 and a 1/32 scale spitfire. I suppose this will sit nicely in the middle.

I’m thinking the display stand will be much like the millennium falcon stand where they delivered it with issue 100. Again not sure if the guys that built the falcon thru the newsagent got the free stand.

My understanding is that you build the base diorama in 20 issues after you have completed the Spitfire.
S4Simon
#6 Posted : 27 August 2020 11:25:00

spacejunk wrote:
My understanding is that you build the base diorama in 20 issues after you have completed the Spitfire.

Mmmmmm - you could be right. Just read thru all the legal stuff and that doesn’t clear things up any better.

7 figures + 3 pieces of machinery + ladders is going to be hard to stretch out to 20 issues.

CaptnBirdseye
#7 Posted : 27 August 2020 12:32:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin I'm sure if you wait long enough Agora will release it anyway LOL Laugh LOL
S4Simon
#8 Posted : 01 September 2020 12:11:09

Well I now have a definitive answer from Hachette.

The dynamic base is only sent out when you subscribe thru hachette. You won’t receive the base if you get your mags thru the post office.

I have decided to subscribe and will build the model with my old man. His uncle flew spits during the war. so he’s looking forward to it.

spacejunk
#9 Posted : 01 September 2020 13:46:50

S4Simon wrote:
Well I now have a definitive answer from Hachette.

The dynamic base is only sent out when you subscribe thru hachette. You won’t receive the base if you get your mags thru the post office.

I have decided to subscribe and will build the model with my old man. His uncle flew spits during the war. so he’s looking forward to it.

So is this for the base with figures?

Do you get standard base with NO figures through newsagents or no base at all.
S4Simon
#10 Posted : 01 September 2020 14:05:26

It will be like the millennium falcon stand where only monthly subscribers got the display stand (posted separately) at issue 100.

For the people getting the spitfire mags thru the newsagent there will be no stand, just the extra figures and machinery. It’s a subscriber only deal.

S4Simon
#11 Posted : 04 September 2020 02:03:04

Another interesting tidbit of information. Today i see that ovato, the Oz newsagent supplier, has indicated that there are only 80 issues being delivered to newsagents to complete the spitfire build. So looks like 81-100 might be the base build for monthly subscribers ?? Weird.

spacejunk
#12 Posted : 04 September 2020 04:55:24

S4Simon wrote:
Another interesting tidbit of information. Today i see that ovato, the Oz newsagent supplier, has indicated that there are only 80 issues being delivered to newsagents to complete the spitfire build. So looks like 81-100 might be the base build for monthly subscribers ?? Weird.

Yes saw that too. Was on the phone to Hachette, to confirm about the electronic base and they couldn't tell me for sure, and that they were waiting on more info. I hope Ovato has just made an error, because it is supposed to be 100 issues.

Also is it false advertising to show on TV ad the base and not supply it to newsagents?
S4Simon
#13 Posted : 04 September 2020 05:56:06

Below is the statement I received from Hachette UK in response to my direct question regarding whether an Australian builder would receive the dynamic base if choosing the newsagent delivery method.

“I can confirm the display base does come with this Spitfire subscription only, not if you were to get it through the newsagents and it does come as part of the build.”

So this hachette UK statement sort of matches up with what we saw on the ovato site.

The plot thickens...

birdaj2
#14 Posted : 04 September 2020 20:16:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

If you are not going to receive the base i am struggling to see how all those operating features will work.

My understanding is the base will hold the power supply and control unit With the control wires running into the aircraft through the centre pole.

I would have thought they would provide an option to purchase the base direct at some point.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
spacejunk
#15 Posted : 10 September 2020 09:19:58

Ovato site has now amended its site to now say it is 120 issues. The plot thickens even more.
S4Simon
#16 Posted : 11 September 2020 04:10:38

Well i’ve got two sets of blades and two engines and gearboxes should anything up front fail. Hachette have confirmed my subscription, so onwards and upwards from here. :-)