Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

HMS Victory full kit Options
mij
#1 Posted : 11 September 2020 12:41:45

Groups: Registered

Hi Folks, Just wondering if anyone would know if the Modelspace 'HMS Victory' 1:84
Full kit will be back in stock at some stage as I have been checking on the website for ages now to purchase and it is still showing as 'Out of stock'.
Would anyone know if it will be available again or is it finished for good?.
I might have to buy a German version and download the build details, but I really want the magazines to go with the build if possible.

Thank you and stay safe
Jim
gingerale75
#2 Posted : 12 September 2020 17:01:33

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Jim,

I'm afraid you won't get any magazines if you buy the full kit.
I'm saying this based on my experience with the full kit of the HMS Victory Cross-Section. I received only the build material and had to download the build instructions from the website, which didn't include all the pages from the magazine, only the instructions.
I believe you would get the actual hard copy magazines if the related kit is still on sale in newspaper shops.
As the HMS Victory was on sale around 2010-2012, I don't think that they still print the magazines...
However I might be wrong.
Happy building!
Laszlo

Finished builds: HMS Victory, HMS Victory Cross-Section
mij
#3 Posted : 12 September 2020 19:38:44

Hi Laszio, Thank you for your message, taking all into consideration I have gone ahead and bought a Victory complete build from Ebay. This build includes all of the magazines but they are in German, but considering that the 'Full Kit' from Modelspace does not include the magazines this is not a problem. I bought this for £600 which I think is a pretty good price. This will be my first ship build and I am really looking forward to the experience, although a long one.

Thanks for your help
Jim
GilShapley
#4 Posted : 13 September 2020 12:42:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have the download files on DVD if you want a copy plus the mast plans

PM Me your address and I will send you a copy

Gil

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
GilShapley
#5 Posted : 14 September 2020 09:47:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

DVD on its way

Enjoy your build, will keep you busy in these trying times

Gil

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle