Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages 123>»
Bandai pendle princess Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 22 September 2020 20:36:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all I built this and the road roller in my 20s(when it was readily available) and have been looking to get it again for years (but not for the silly money it was going for) well I finally got my hands on it for reasonable money.

Look at all those lovely models they did round the side of the box.

All those models sadly no longer available (probably several others too, I remember building the Rolls Royce balloon car not pictured there) another kit I would love to build again (I've never seen that available even on ebay, so I would imagine if it came up it would be huge amounts of money)

Anyway here are the first parts to be assembled.

And a bit of priming (after loads of filling and sanding.

Oh how I wish Bandia would bring those other models back out.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 22 September 2020 21:16:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

thats a great find. Some of these go for big bucks because they are pretty rare. It builds into a really nice looking model

Carl

roymattblack
#3 Posted : 23 September 2020 08:03:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I built this one many, many years ago and my (ex) wife knocked it off a book case it was standing on.
UTTERLY demolished it...Cursing

It's a great kit. Have fun.
Andreas
#4 Posted : 23 September 2020 10:07:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Yes ,love these old Models.
Allways on my way searching for those rare Models. Too get them you need a pocket full with bucks.
What i would like is to built a Woodie scale 1:8 with it nice wood panels.😃
Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
tnequette
#5 Posted : 24 September 2020 00:53:56

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You will love this kit if you are mechanically minded. The are good builds posted here and Tomick added a lot of pictures. You can easily connect all the shafts and it will all work!

I still have one unwrapped one the self to try again. My first one was in the late 1970's so be careful of the decals.

Lots of pics and info online. Have fun.

Tom
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 25 September 2020 17:37:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Ken,

Happy you found this at a reasonable price.Cool Cool

I love the old steam rallies, which due to the present situation have all been cancelled. Crying Crying Crying

I remember as a young child when road repairs were done, seeing the steam driven road rollers and I used to bug the hell out of my parents by refusing to move when I wanted to watch the machines at work. Oh happy days, the smells, the vibrations through the floor. Bring back the good old days with these wonderful machines and steam trains thundering through the local station in east London.

I`m lucky to live very close to the Great Central Railway so still get to hear those whistles and if I take a short walk get to see the locos running.Love

Will be following your build with interest and a tear in my eye.Blushing

You`ve made a good start. WTG

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

kpnuts
#7 Posted : 25 September 2020 20:19:35

Hi all well I've tried the first 30+ yr old decal (in an unobtrusive place incase it was a disaster)it seems to be fine 

I dont remember this problem when I built there appears to have been some shrinkage, when you try to add the front of the boiler it splits the joint so I had to add a shim to stop it.

All seems to fit ok now.

Yes theres nothing like the smell of steam engines.
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 26 September 2020 19:58:40

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Progressing well Ken.

Cool Cool Cool

This is already looking like it will be a nice finished size. What is the length of the completed build?

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

kpnuts
#9 Posted : 27 September 2020 19:51:03

More work done on this one, I dont want it too shiny as they just weren't (all that heat oil grease and smoke) plus they didn't have 2 pack paint back then (in fact I think most of them were hand painted with a brush) a lot of the pipework is moulded into the body of the kit, I intend to replace that with actual pipework.

Dont know the finished size yet as no wheels on will let you know then.
kpnuts
#10 Posted : 03 October 2020 18:35:41

More work done on this (done some weathering on the engine block) started on the water tank, Im glad the 30+ yr old decals seem to be behaving themselves, got some oil staining to do to the engine block im thinking of trying to scratch build the speed regulator (that may be a little ambitious) the kit one just niggles me, we will have to see how difficult that is, I may still end up using the kit supplied one.

I must say I don't remember the kit being so blooming awkward the first time I built it (then again Id never heard of filling or sanding bits for a better fit in those days)

I'm sure the fit was better then as I didn't have the patience I have now with warped parts, I think if I was struggling then as I am now it would have been bin fodder, strangely, though I'm finding that slightly better as I end up thinking "hey I got that looking ok"( despite the effort it took)

RM1
#11 Posted : 03 October 2020 18:45:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's looking very nice Ken. BigGrin
Malc.
delboy271155
#12 Posted : 03 October 2020 18:51:20

WTG Ken,

Looks good.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#13 Posted : 04 October 2020 09:21:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming on nicely Ken.Love

Mark
darbyvet
#14 Posted : 04 October 2020 17:17:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Steaming along there Ken.I hope you have your flat cap on and are doing your best "Did you like that" Fred Dibnah voice.

Carl

kpnuts
#15 Posted : 05 October 2020 20:39:13

Well my missus looked at me like id grown a second head when I bought these in the cheap shop.

I said "what, I can see them being useful in modeling" she said "well if you start wearing my underwear we are getting a divorce"

Heres the first use I've found for them.

This is the regulator the kit supplies 

It needs painting but I'm sure you'll agree a big improvement 

roymattblack
#16 Posted : 06 October 2020 09:29:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looking really good Ken.
Keep it coming.BigGrin
kpnuts
#17 Posted : 07 October 2020 20:36:22

More work going on on this one 

delboy271155
#18 Posted : 08 October 2020 22:50:52

Hi Ken, BigGrin

You`re making a grand job with this kit. Well done.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

roymattblack
#19 Posted : 09 October 2020 08:15:44

Some nice added details there Ken.
Looking really good.BigGrin
mogwai
#20 Posted : 09 October 2020 11:48:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi coming along a treat .would love to build one of these ,cheers mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.