Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
Bandai pendle princess Options
kpnuts
#41 Posted : 07 November 2020 18:04:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all well I had a cunningly clever plan for the pin stripes on the wheels, turned out it was neither cunning nor cleve.

I thought I would get some green insulating tape cut thin strips off and stick them on (turns out its almost impossible to cut thin enough strips consistently and even when you do its incredibly stretchy and shrinks back to size withing about 10 seconds of sticking it. So back to hand painting I don't like to think how many hours of painting and repainting have gone into what I've got done here (and im not even half way there) and im not anything like happy with it.

When I did this in my teens I remember being really chuffed with the finish I achieved then, I don't think I will ever be chuffed with the finish I achieve now.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
roymattblack
#42 Posted : 07 November 2020 19:39:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Nice to see you back on this one Ken.

The wheels are coming along but if it was me, I think I would have sanded off the raised pattern ridges and printed waterslide decals to get really sharp, detailed lining.
Each spoke would be a separate decal.
It would also be far quicker than spending an age with paint.

If you aren't able to print decals, give me an accurate drawing of one spoke, or a good picture with measurements.
I'll print a load plus spares for you. No charge.

Just an idea.

Roy.
kpnuts
#43 Posted : 09 November 2020 18:59:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all well I've ordered some paint pens but till they arrive this is what I've got ( if they look better I may well redo what I've done now.

delboy271155
#44 Posted : 09 November 2020 20:47:15

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Ken, BigGrin

Hope the paint pens do what you need, as it looks like you are on the home straight of an excellent build. WTG

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#45 Posted : 10 November 2020 18:15:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looking really good Ken.
Just another thought - I built this many years ago and I remember the big drive belt was a bit of a let down - not least because of the daft way they joined the ends of the plastic.

Back in the day, belts were leather.
If you want a nice strip of thin tan leather to make a new belt, let me know.
Freebie of course.

Roy.
tf64
#46 Posted : 11 November 2020 11:02:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Ken,

Looking very clean, nice build ken

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

birdaj2
#47 Posted : 11 November 2020 11:15:11

That looks lovely in those colours Ken, and nice to see such a large model with all the detail.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
kpnuts
#48 Posted : 11 November 2020 22:00:04

Here is where I'm at now the lines on the wheels are done with paint pens.

Markwarren
#49 Posted : 12 November 2020 09:41:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looks excellent Ken, very nice work.Love Love

Mark
roymattblack
#50 Posted : 12 November 2020 10:10:30

Well done with those wheels Ken. A good idea to use paint pens.BigGrin
kpnuts
#51 Posted : 14 November 2020 20:54:09

Hi all well its finished (I just wish I had the steady hand I had in my youth) still not happy with the wheels.

My missus must like it as she wants it displayed on the mantlepiece.

The keen eyed among you may notice the belt is missing from the flywheel, im just waiting for a piece of leather from my mate Roy to arrive and that will be corrected.

Markwarren
#52 Posted : 15 November 2020 11:05:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice work Ken, that looks superb.Drool Drool

Mark
birdaj2
#53 Posted : 16 November 2020 00:13:07

Ken

You made a lovely job of building and painting this model.

Tony

Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
birdaj2
#54 Posted : 03 December 2020 23:59:03

Well done ken getting your build into the December build of the month.

Its s well turned out model so well deserved that its been highlighted.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

delboy271155
#55 Posted : 04 December 2020 00:16:58

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Congratulations on build of the month Ken Cool Cool Cool

No more than you deserve for a fine build.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#56 Posted : 04 December 2020 00:32:30

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Congratulations in achieving build of the month for December Ken. Richly deserved....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
mwb
#57 Posted : 04 December 2020 00:42:10

Beautiful model Ken. Congrats on the Build of the month, well deserved. If you decide not to keep it on the mantel I have space to display it.

wyatt
Markwarren
#58 Posted : 04 December 2020 10:38:04

Congratulations Ken, well deserved.Love Love Drool
tigerace
#59 Posted : 04 December 2020 15:48:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great Model KenDrool Drool congrats on the build of the month well deserved BigGrin

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

darbyvet
#60 Posted : 04 December 2020 15:52:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Congratulations mate.It is a superb build

Carl