Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
McLaren MP4/4 "Sennas 1st Title" Options
senninha
#1 Posted : 28 September 2020 19:50:56

Groups: Registered

Hello fans of the big McLaren,

Over the last 6 months I read a lot here in this forum. Especially Franjos and Maurizios threads were a big source of inspiration. I began to build my model at the beginning of april. So it won't be a complete building report. But I would like to show my progress. Inspired by the above mentioned threads I added a lot of bolts, nuts and wiring to the McLaren. But enough words from my side, here are some pics. I hope you like it.

I´ve started with the engine and tried to improve the look of the air intake

A few weeks later I achieved good progress on the edge, I substituted some parts of the engine with metal parts

Later this year I finished the monocoque. I mostly brushed the structure of the carbon

here you can see the effects of different angles from the light falls on the monocoque

After finishing the monocoque I worked on the instruments, and here is the result

The last two months i recreated the left sidepod area. The valve system was completely build from zero, but in my opinion it was worth the hustle. recently the model looks like this.

[image]https://abload.de/img/dsc_2494y7jgk.jpeg[/image]

Thanks for the opportunity to post my model
best regards

RM1
#2 Posted : 30 September 2020 19:43:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow ..some great work going on there !!
Can't wait to see more.
Malc.
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 30 September 2020 22:59:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That is some excellent modelling skills going on. The colouring on those pipe are superb.Love Love

Mark
Eagle
#4 Posted : 01 October 2020 13:26:11

Red Medal: Red Medal

Great detailing work so far; why someone did not make a super detail kit for this model is beyond me.
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 01 October 2020 14:20:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Absolutely outstanding work.It looks like the real car.I agree the pipe colors are perfect

Carl

senninha
#6 Posted : 03 October 2020 08:51:54

Thank you very much for your kind words. I‘m sure i can post further updates pretty soon. At the moment I work on the rear suspension and the undertray
NSXKid
#7 Posted : 13 October 2020 00:45:06

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Wow!!! So nice, what detail!
roymattblack
#8 Posted : 13 October 2020 08:04:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It looks amazing.
Really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.BigGrin
frah2o
#9 Posted : 14 October 2020 10:23:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Absolutely Top Work! OhMyGod ThumpUp
Collection active: Lotus 97T, Audi Quattro A2, Vw Maggiolino '60

Work in progress: Porsche 911 RS Turbo

Completed model: Delta WRC Martini, Mclaren MP4/4, Golf GTI 1/8 Tuned
senninha
#10 Posted : 18 October 2020 14:12:17

Thanks again for you kind words. I achieved some progress on the McLaren and here are the pics :)

Kev the Modeller
#11 Posted : 11 December 2020 10:44:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

This is a fantastic build Senninha with some amazing detail and beautifully constructed, you should be very proud of your work.

Very well done! Drool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Markwarren
#12 Posted : 12 December 2020 10:25:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That is some amazing work, the detail is stunning.Love Drool

Mark
roymattblack
#13 Posted : 12 December 2020 12:30:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Fabulous work. Just amazing.Love
Eagle
#14 Posted : 12 December 2020 13:22:37

Red Medal: Red Medal

Thank you for posting; you skills are impressive; how about a 'how to' and what parts you made or purchased to do this? I've been saving a complete kit for a build like this for years.
senninha
#15 Posted : 13 December 2020 11:50:40

thanks a lot for your nice comments. regarding a "how to" I think im not able to this in the quality like fraH20 have done it. Everything you need you will find in his thread. My model is only a copy of his model BigGrin. Overall I made nearly the complete engine new and scratched the throttle linkage. Some parts of the radiators (especially the valves) were made from turned aluminium. Almost every bolt came from rbmotion. The Carbon work is a mix of painting techniques and the stuff from scalefactory decals.
Don´t save your kit build it :)

the last 6 weeks I worked on the cowling of the McLaren. It was a tough job, because there were 4 parts and have to glued together. The ABS material is a tricky one, because you need special glue. 2K glue doesn't work. After gluing I have to fill it with nearly two tubes of putty. After this, the paint job was on the agenda. Painting in 1:8 is completely different from 1:12. Its much more harder but I think my job is ok. After some tips and hints from a good friend of mine I've ordered some stuff from swisswax. What should I say, it's a kind of magic and here are the results.

I hope you like it.
roymattblack
#16 Posted : 13 December 2020 17:00:48

Well done with that bodywork. It looks fantastic.BigGrin
frah2o
#17 Posted : 09 January 2021 08:40:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Senninha many tahnks for your words.
Your painting job on bodyshell is exceptional and awesome (like all the rest of model).
The paint quality is another level.
On my build i "escape" from some trouble...like the paint of bodyshell

Your build is an inspiration point and you work and quality is high level.

Your mp4/4 is second to none…and it's awesome!
Collection active: Lotus 97T, Audi Quattro A2, Vw Maggiolino '60

Work in progress: Porsche 911 RS Turbo

Completed model: Delta WRC Martini, Mclaren MP4/4, Golf GTI 1/8 Tuned
roymattblack
#18 Posted : 09 January 2021 12:22:58

Just amazing. That bodywork looks a stunner. Keep it coming...Love
CaptnBirdseye
#19 Posted : 09 January 2021 20:40:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

OhMyGod Woot Woot Woot God this is good ThumpUp Please keep it coming. The shine on the body is stunning!

Regards
Gray
Gandale
#20 Posted : 10 January 2021 12:14:34

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Always great to see a master craftsman at work.... Exceptional work......Love Love

Regards

Alan