Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Artesania Latina 1/16 ME 109 Options
birdaj2
#1 Posted : 29 September 2020 15:41:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I know this was to be a modelspace offering but with AL shutting then re-opening possibly not.

It has just been launched via the AL sight.

Here is the link

https://artesanialatina....erman-fighter-1-16.html

not sure but it looks like the wing (top certainly) is just one big etched piece so not sure if it will have the same build up as the zero and stuka kits that other companies were doing.

Looking along the fuselage it appears to go together with fold over tabs.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 29 September 2020 16:21:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Tony, BigGrin

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, but I fear you are right about the "tab" fixings and I think they are on the fuselage as well.

This would take a lot of work to get it to its possible best. Soldering where the tabs are and removing the rest of the tab, then you would have to hand paint the frame to cover the solder joints or end up spraying the internal components.

I thought initially that 600 Euros was too cheap and now I see why.Crying

At this point I`m out on this one, what a shame.Crying

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 29 September 2020 18:01:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have to admit I was really excited when I first heard of this. Having seen the promo video I’m not so sure now.
As Tony and Del point out, the ‘tab’ joints could be an issue.
Also I think they could have gone further with the electrics side, more along the lines of the Hachette Spitfire, although I guess it’s built to a price point.

I think I will hold back until build reviews are posted and gauge the reaction to the tabbed frame.

Regards Gray
birdaj2
#4 Posted : 29 September 2020 18:05:24

Derek/Gray

Its not appealed to me either.

Looks a bit over simplified in its construction resulting in a lack of detail.

Their WW1 kits looked really well thought out, and appreciate the wood/metal differences between the two era aircraft.

Was it you Derek that was building a Stuka at one point? Remember thinking how detailed that looked.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 29 September 2020 18:53:33

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

birdaj2 wrote:
Derek/Gray

Was it you Derek that was building a Stuka at one point? Remember thinking how detailed that looked.

Tony

Hi Tony, BigGrin

Your memory serves you well.Blink

I was/am indeed building the Stuka and the Zero.

Am presently suffering from severe tendonitis in my left thumb which is making it almost unusable. I can`t hold anything safely in my left hand so bolt together and delicate brass are in danger of being demolished. Working on plastic only works by applying glue to a part, picking up with tweezers and holding in place till set. All with my right hand and holding the rest against my left-hand/wrist.

Walk in centre said should be better in 2 - 3 weeks. Unfortunately that was six weeks ago, so not holding my breath for a quick solution.Crying

Hey-Ho the perils of getting old. At least I now have an excuse for one finger typing. Flapper

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Nilathak
#6 Posted : 29 September 2020 19:26:17

Hello!
I saw today this model. It looks really nice.

The instructions and parts list can be checked in Artesania's website to get a better idea of the model and the assembly:

https://artesanialatina....t&id_attachment=391
https://artesanialatina....t&id_attachment=392

Something that worried me was that full structure of photoetched parts having rigidity / stiffness problems due to the heavy diecast parts. That pair of long photoetched parts for the sides of the fuselage must really make the model strong and rigid. It doesn't look like it bends or deforms when placed on that clear stand so I suppose this is not a problem.

Regarding the tabs system for the assembly, I think it offers a nice solution for not expert modelers to put everything together getting a really good result. I built the Zero from DeA Japan and it was a pain.
admin
#7 Posted : 08 October 2020 16:05:43

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I just received my kit yesterday. My first thought was “this is going to be a PITA to assemble!!” It is indeed assembled using the aforementioned tabs. But, in thinking about it last night while I couldn’t sleep, it might be a bit of an advantage. I can see them being used to hold the parts in the correct position while you use solder to assemble it permanently.

The metal parts appear to be Zymat, and the detail is very well done. The cowls are plastic, probably to keep it tail down. All that weight up front....

I detest the lighting system as provided. I’ll be going with micro SMD bulbs and wires. There is a pretty decent amount of internal detail, but it can use additional super detailing.

It’s a pretty decent bang-for-the-buck kit though. The Zero, it’s not.
CaptnBirdseye
#8 Posted : 19 October 2020 20:56:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin I see AL are now advertising an Official Build diary!
Great idea that should bring in extra customers ThumpUp

https://youtu.be/gcYgnnPgXl0
Nilathak
#9 Posted : 23 October 2020 19:39:38

[quote=CaptnBirdseye]BigGrin I see AL are now advertising an Official Build diary!
Great idea that should bring in extra customers ThumpUp

https://youtu.be/gcYgnnPgXl0[/quote]

First chapter here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqlKjWvMaAg

It looks really good.
CaptnBirdseye
#10 Posted : 18 November 2020 22:00:20

BigGrin Well, having seen the first four video’s of the build, I have to admit, I actually quite like this! However, I am concerned about the rigidity of the airframe. It looks VERY easily distorted. Has anyone started this kit yet? Does the airframe strengthen when everything comes together?

Regards Gray