Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Yamaha YZR M1, 1/4, DeAgostini Options
Ruda
#1 Posted : 09 October 2020 17:09:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I am starting the construction of the Yamaha YZR M1 model in 1/4 scale from the DeAgostini company.
I was very much looking forward to this construction and thanks to my health rest and vacation, I decided to start building.
As usual, I will finish and modify a lot of parts on the model, but you know me 😀😂🤣.
I have a finished model in my head in the exposed state, so I will proceed in the construction as well.
I wish you a nice peek, I believe that you will follow the construction and not reject it.
I started by building a front fork.
It is already sprayed in the kit, but it is very far from reality.
In the photo two, three and four there is an original part on the left, a spray-painted part with a decal according to the original on the right.
I sanded the fork, sprayed it with a black filler and sprayed it with Titanium gold X-31 acrylic paint from Tamiya.
After perfect drying, for about 24 hours I applied three layers of Clear orange X-26 acrylic paint on the fork and painted the whole with semi-matt varnish.
Personally, I am satisfied and I think that the result has shifted to reality as I imagined.
The next step was to spray the two fork bars and assemble the right and left legs.
That's all for today, I'll see you again soon.

CaptnBirdseye
#2 Posted : 09 October 2020 17:58:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice start Ruda, with improvements over the original! (Unsure Ummm....wonder if i can retro-steal your ideas Wink Laugh )
Great to see another Rossi Bike started on the Forum ThumpUp

Regards
Gray
Ruda
#3 Posted : 09 October 2020 18:57:58

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
BigGrin Nice start Ruda, with improvements over the original! (Unsure Ummm....wonder if i can retro-steal your ideas Wink Laugh )
Great to see another Rossi Bike started on the Forum ThumpUp

Regards
Gray

I am glad that I can present the building here on the forum.
The use of the same method is a matter of course. We are modelers and we have to help each other.
Ruda
#4 Posted : 11 October 2020 08:36:18

I put the front fork in the set and started working on the engine.
The engine parts are silver in the kit, so they went through a bath in lye, spraying a surfacer and re-spraying it so that it was as close as possible to reality.
At the time of drying, I sprayed the valve cover with blue paint and after drying it painted black and silver details.

alemo
#5 Posted : 11 October 2020 10:09:20

Very nice detailing.

Alec
Built: Bluenose, Arab Dhow, HMS Bounty, Hummer H1, D51, Spitfire,E type Jaguar.
In Progress: HMS Victory, , Yamaha YZR-M1

Adapt, improvise, overcome.
Ruda
#6 Posted : 12 October 2020 10:10:55

I have assembled the whole engine and I am very happy with it, it looks wonderful.
All parts, except for a few details, are spray-painted, both because of the color shade and mainly because of the dividing planes, which I really wouldn't want on the model.

roymattblack
#7 Posted : 12 October 2020 12:02:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Great work. It's looking really impressive.
Lovely to see another one of these being built.
Keep it coming.BigGrin
Ruda
#8 Posted : 16 October 2020 10:20:58

The continuation of the construction is here.
I spray-painted the frame and painted a few details.
I adjusted and folded the rear silencer, the instrument panel and started playing with the airbox and electronics.
The kit is quite pathetic in terms of electronics and I will finish a lot of electronics and cabling parts on my own.
But that can't decide us as a modeler and we usually like to make these details very happy BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin .

Markwarren
#9 Posted : 17 October 2020 09:13:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice work and great start.Love

Mark
Ruda
#10 Posted : 17 October 2020 10:54:23

The continuation of the construction of Rossi Yamaha YZR M1 is here.
I put the engine in the frame, added an airbox with electronics and lo and behold, there won't be much to see from the engine 😀😂🤣.
But the whole looks really impressive.¨

Ruda
#11 Posted : 18 October 2020 14:30:56

Yesterday's and today's work on the exhaust was quite successful.
The parts of the exhaust are made of metal in a kit, sprayed with silver paint, all of which are studded with dividing planes and all the parts are screwed together and the screw heads are in visible places.
I screwed all the parts together, I screwed the holes with screws and all the joints with epoxy and after five hours of drying they sanded everything.
I sprayed the whole with a black surfacer from Gunz and let the whole dry thoroughly overnight.
In the morning, I sprayed everything with Alclad II paint of various shades and then shaded everything lightly blue.
I added lambdasondes and the exhaust is ready for installation.

Ruda
#12 Posted : 20 October 2020 15:37:47

I adjusted, sprayed and patinated the radiator assembly.
I mounted the exhaust in place, followed immediately by the hoses, pipes, and radiator assembly.
It's starting to fill up for us :).

Markwarren
#13 Posted : 20 October 2020 16:19:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Excellent update, really look good.Love Love Drool

Mark
Ruda
#14 Posted : 23 October 2020 10:26:02

Complete cables for lambda probes, painted brake cylinder and everything in place.
I assembled the handlebars and tentatively mounted them on a fork.

Ruda
#15 Posted : 25 October 2020 18:02:08

I folded the front and rear wheels and ground the tires.
The connection of the molds on the tires was noticeable and very rough and manual grinding was not enough. I made a fixture and gripped the wheel in a drill, then grinding one poem.
I sprayed the discs and indicated their slight wear.
Subsequently, I dismounted and adjusted the rear swing fork, and after the paint had dried completely, it was screwed onto the frame assembly with the motor.

Ruda
#16 Posted : 27 October 2020 16:47:49

The rear wheel and chain were assembled yesterday.
I started working on the front of the Yamaha. The manufacturer did not solve this part much, he did something, but he reckoned that it would be hidden under the hood.
Since the body will be removed on my model, I will have to finish a lot of electronics. But not until next time.

roymattblack
#17 Posted : 27 October 2020 17:29:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Very, very impressive.
Loving the updates.Love
Ruda
#18 Posted : 29 October 2020 09:58:06

I arranged the front wheel in the fork and put everything in its place in the frame.
Rossi's Yamaha is already standing on his wheels and is already starting to look nice.
I started making electronics, adding cables to switches and other parts.
I will still finish a lot of parts from scratch, I'm already looking forward to it.
I am very happy with the model, it is quite a challenge to make this kit what I have in my head, I believe that it will succeed and this building will move me a bit further 😉😀.

Markwarren
#19 Posted : 29 October 2020 10:48:50

Excellent work.Love Love

You’ve definitely an eye for detail.ThumpUp

Mark
Ruda
#20 Posted : 03 November 2020 15:37:37

We have another lighter process in the construction of the Yamaha YZR M1.
There is nothing in the seat fairing in the kit. The manufacturer does not count on my idea of ​​the removed part of the saddle, so I have to finish the electronics that are in this space next to the original.
From Thursday, I tentatively cut a part that I will have to make from plastic plates and tentatively tested it in the saddle parts. After a few tests, I found out the required shape, length and height of the part.
Then I took a 0.8 mm thick plastic plate, Evergreen plastic profiles and started cutting, drilling and gluing. After about two hours, I got to the part that will carry the electronics, battery and camera parts.
I assembled and glued the battery block from the plastic profiles, which is so far only roughly blinded and sanded.
I glued the battery holder and placed it on the central electronics board.
This work on the back of the Yamaha will be lengthy and still take a lot of time, plastic plates and profiles, I still have a lot of electronics and cabling ahead of me.
A very similar thing is still waiting for me in the front part, but there will be even more and much more complicated parts.