Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

NEW Moulding Scriber Tool Options
darkwoodster
#1 Posted : 23 October 2020 10:32:05

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

MOULDING SCRIBER TOOL
I have something new. For my model I wanted to have accurate mouldings. So I have took it upon myself to design a Moulding Scribing tool purely for the 1/84 Scale Victory. I have carefully studied all the mouldings around the hull.

This tool will create mouldings for:
The Gallery.
The Hull sides and scrolls.
The Bow details.
Also the front beam for the poop deck.

I have numbered each one and provide a usage guide to help you see where each moulding is supposed to be.
I have also included the dimensions of each one so you know what size stock wood to buy. I used Cornwall Model Boats.
Although we will include plastic moulding in the Gallery kit. This is for people wanting to use wood mouldings (If you are staining your model or just prefer natural wood) I have found it also works well with styrene strips too.

COST
I am doing this moulding scribe for a tiny profit.
It is £5 + P&P worldwide.

I am selling these on eBay. I posted this on facebook last week and sold 20 in 1 week. I have 19 left in stock.

BUY IT HERE:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193690465015

I would love to hear your feedback.

Here are some photos of my model and the moulding scribe tool.
File Attachment(s):
Moulding scribe eg.png (324kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
Gallery mouldings.jpg (289kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
darkwoodster attached the following image(s):
Moulding example.jpg
Moulding scribe example.jpg
Hull decorations.jpg
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 23 October 2020 15:12:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Neil

Just had one arrive (your ebay listing was showing it as a pre-order so surprised it arrived so quickly).

Its a nice strong tool, and although it may be some time before i use it (although nothing stopping me using some of the designs on other models).

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
darkwoodster
#3 Posted : 23 October 2020 16:20:57

birdaj2 wrote:
Neil

Just had one arrive (your ebay listing was showing it as a pre-order so surprised it arrived so quickly).

Its a nice strong tool, and although it may be some time before i use it (although nothing stopping me using some of the designs on other models).

Tony

Thanks Tony,

I’ve updated my eBay listing to remove the preorder status. When you do use it for your models, I’d like to see some pics.

Also remember to look at the usage guide. It took me longer to create that than it did to design the actual tool.

Thanks,

Neil
z8000783
#4 Posted : 23 October 2020 16:48:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Sadly another embellishment that would make a world of difference but too late for me.

goddo
#5 Posted : 23 October 2020 16:59:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Neil,
Thanks for the information.
I have just placed an order for one on eBay and will give you some feedback as requested once I have started to use it.
Chris
darkwoodster
#6 Posted : 23 October 2020 19:03:53

goddo wrote:
Neil,
Thanks for the information.
I have just placed an order for one on eBay and will give you some feedback as requested once I have started to use it.
Chris

Evening Chris,

Yea I’ve just seen your order. Thanks! I’ll pop that in the post tomorrow.

Have a fab weekend!

Neil
nightwisher
#7 Posted : 23 October 2020 20:37:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Neil I have just placed my order for one as I have misplaced the one that came with the sovereign of the seas. Look forward to trying it out./ regards Tom
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
birdaj2
#8 Posted : 23 October 2020 23:51:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

darkwoodster wrote:
birdaj2 wrote:
Neil

Tony

Thanks Tony,

I’ve updated my eBay listing to remove the preorder status. When you do use it for your models, I’d like to see some pics.

Also remember to look at the usage guide. It took me longer to create that than it did to design the actual tool.

Thanks,

Neil

Neil

I have the page downloaded ready to print out tomorrow (just waiting more paper to arrive).

Will certainly post some pics once it gets used.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
goddo
#9 Posted : 29 October 2020 15:02:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Neil,
The scriber arrived by post today. Thank you.
I will be giving it a test run later this afternoon although I think there may be a few breakages before I master the more intricate ones!
Chris
darkwoodster
#10 Posted : 29 October 2020 19:43:08

goddo wrote:
Hi Neil,
I will be giving it a test run later this afternoon although I think there may be a few breakages before I master the more intricate ones!
Chris

Hi Chris,

Ok great. I would love to see some pics of what you manage to make with it.

Did you manage to download my usage guide?

Regards,

Neil
goddo
#11 Posted : 29 October 2020 23:03:32

darkwoodster wrote:
goddo wrote:
Hi Neil,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Ok great. I would love to see some pics of what you manage to make with it.

Did you manage to download my usage guide?

Regards,

Neil

Thanks Neil, yes I did. Very helpful instructions.
Chris