Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Airbrake Movement Options
TangoTango27
#1 Posted : 27 October 2020 17:02:00

Groups: Registered

Hi Guys

I've installed the airbrake as per the instuctions but it only opens about 10mm. I would have expected it to move almost vertically when it is fully open. Interested to hear if you have the same amount of movement in case I've installed it incorrectly (although I can't see it could go in any other way).

Thanks!

Paul
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 27 October 2020 18:01:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

TangoTango27 wrote:
Hi Guys

I've installed the airbrake as per the instuctions but it only opens about 10mm. I would have expected it to move almost vertically when it is fully open. Interested to hear if you have the same amount of movement in case I've installed it incorrectly (although I can't see it could go in any other way).

Thanks!

Paul

Hi Paul, BigGrin

Could you please let us know where in the build you are at, as in where you are in the instructions. Pack/issue etc and if poss attach a pic or two of your problem.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

CaptnBirdseye
#3 Posted : 28 October 2020 15:03:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Paul,
I guess you are talking about Stage 27/28 of Pack 6?
If you watch the attached video, you will see that you have installed the airbrake correctly. Mine moves about the same, so at this stage i would say it is correct. I guesss it's just one of the limitations at this scale.

https://www.youtube.com/...XOR3yi0i9N&index=28

Hope that allays your fears BigGrin
TangoTango27
#4 Posted : 28 October 2020 15:16:02

Thanks CaptnBirdseye - that's exactly what I was talking about and I have about the same amount of movement you appear to have in the video so yes you have allayed my fears! :-)
CaptnBirdseye
#5 Posted : 28 October 2020 16:14:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin You're welcome. It's what we are here for ThumpUp
Wabie
#6 Posted : 29 October 2020 06:32:37

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support Team Germany, Administrator, Official Builds, Tech Support, Moderator, registriert

TangoTango27 wrote:
Hi Guys

Thanks!

Paul

Hello Paul,

here are photos of the air brake when the upper and lower halves are joined together.

this is the maximum opening of the flaps

Greetings from Berlin Germany, StefanSmile
Alle Berichte sowie alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung/Zustimmung meinerseits. © Stefan

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

MfG Stefan
TangoTango27
#7 Posted : 07 November 2020 15:30:49

Thanks Stefan - those photos were very helpful 👍