Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Agora Models Mitsubishi Zero A6m Options
CaptnBirdseye
#1 Posted : 29 October 2020 15:58:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Exciting news from Agora Models Drool

I have just received this via their news letter:
'The second model in our military series is the Mitsubishi A6M Zero Fighter Plane. We’ve brought you the most fearsome battleship, so the obvious follow-up surely should be the most feared plane in the Japanese airforce. The Zero’s air-to-air combat abilities were second to none during much of the war, making it the most famous symbol of Japanese air power. This is the first of our planned series of 1:18 WWII fighter planes.

Register your interest in this 1:18 scale model of the A6M Zero here'

https://www.agoramodels.com/

It'S a 'register your interest' link but as i missed out on the DA offering, i hope they get enough to bring it to reality!

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 29 October 2020 17:04:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Exciting news from Agora Models Drool

I have just received this via their news letter:
'The second model in our military series is the Mitsubishi A6M Zero Fighter Plane. We’ve brought you the most fearsome battleship, so the obvious follow-up surely should be the most feared plane in the Japanese airforce. The Zero’s air-to-air combat abilities were second to none during much of the war, making it the most famous symbol of Japanese air power. This is the first of our planned series of 1:18 WWII fighter planes.

Register your interest in this 1:18 scale model of the A6M Zero here'

https://www.agoramodels.com/

It'S a 'register your interest' link but as i missed out on the DA offering, i hope they get enough to bring it to reality!

A couple of things instantly come to my attention:

The potential Agora offering is a bit smaller than the Deag release being 1:18 as opposed to the Deag 1:16.

In the pic in the link they appear to have it mounted on the same stand as the Hachette Spifire, hence the scale of 1:18 as is the Hachette Spitfire.

Lastly there is not any information (even Proposed Information) as to what this will be made of, the type of construction used and how well detailed it will be.

Personally I don`t see how they can expect people to show interest when they have no idea what they are going to buy into. If it makes it that far.

Just my two pence worth.Blink Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

admin
#3 Posted : 30 October 2020 01:50:24

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I’d expect it to be of the same type construction that the Hachette Spitfire is; mostly plastic, Zymat frames for strength, and heavy on the electronics. I’ve built the DeAgostini Zero, and one was enough.

Now, if the DeAgostini Russia Sturmovich ever makes it to the English market....
CaptnBirdseye
#4 Posted : 30 October 2020 15:21:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Del, Mark, i hear what you are both saying, but for many it's still an iconic aircraft. Plus the DA ones are selling for upto £2000 plus postage from Japan! (and getting rarer and dearer all the time) I don't expect it to live up to the hype of the DA version, but certainly better than nothing BigGrin

However, i do agree that there should be more details before registering an interest. But at the end of the day, it's not an order, you're just saying that you might be interested.

Regards
Gray
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 30 October 2020 18:50:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Del, Mark, i hear what you are both saying, but for many it's still an iconic aircraft. Plus the DA ones are selling for upto £2000 plus postage from Japan! (and getting rarer and dearer all the time) I don't expect it to live up to the hype of the DA version, but certainly better than nothing BigGrin

However, i do agree that there should be more details before registering an interest. But at the end of the day, it's not an order, you're just saying that you might be interested.

Regards
Gray

Hi Gray, BigGrin

Agree totally that this is an iconic plane.

The Deag version is a full on engineering build and the ones on ebay from Japan, lots are not complete kits. Those that are as you say are very expensive.(Then add on import duties etc)

The lack of detail was my biggest issue, as we all know that people will sit on the fence (so to speak) without the detail and not show their interest. Then complain when things don`t make it to the market.

You have hit the nail on the head. Show your interest and then say "No" if you don`t like the offering when it comes and don`t feel obliged to buy just because you showed interest.

Times are hard for sellers and buyers, so to get interest sellers must give some more detail up front. Its the only way I can see them getting a true idea of what the real interest is.

That makes my four pence worth. LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"