Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

13 Pages «<10111213>
Gandale’s Enhanced Trumpeter Bismarck Options
Silent_Running
#221 Posted : 27 April 2021 08:03:03

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Wow Alan she’s going to be a big beast, I hope you’ve reinforced the table LOL
Regards
Glenn
magpie1832
#222 Posted : 27 April 2021 13:40:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Great work again Alan. Doing a terrific job.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#223 Posted : 27 April 2021 23:52:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Thanks guys, appreciated.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
admin
#224 Posted : 28 April 2021 06:11:23

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Those look excellent! That degaussing cable looks fantastic under the primer. You said you’d just primed the hull, nothing about all the REAL goodies! The ships boats are looking fantastic.

Can I borrow a cup of Mojo? I’m totally out. You seem to have it in abundance, looking at this build!

Cheers,

Mark
roymattblack
#225 Posted : 28 April 2021 15:13:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Another amazing update Alan.
Just mind-boggling work. You really are pouring everything into this build.

Love Love Love
nightwisher
#226 Posted : 28 April 2021 20:50:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great stuff Alan beautiful work Love 6
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Markwarren
#227 Posted : 28 April 2021 22:44:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Primer in place and POP, all the detail hits you.Love Love Drool

Great work Alan, looks like all that patience of your is pulling off.Love

Mark
Silent_Running
#228 Posted : 29 April 2021 12:31:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Totally agree with you Mark, that degaussing cable does look fantastic. What do you intend to do regarding the portholes Alan? Are you going to paint them black or drill them out and paint clear on the inside to simulate the glass. Fantastic work so far. BigGrin
Regards
Glenn
Gandale
#229 Posted : 29 April 2021 23:34:20

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Thanks guys, appreciate all the kind comments....Cool Cool

@Glenn, all the portholes have already been drilled out and once the hull is painted and sealed then Krystal Klear will be used to simulate the glass. Finally, fine tissue will be fixed to the inside of the hull covering the portholes to diffuse the light eliminating any possible bright spots when she's lit up......Cool Cool .. Lots to do yet before we get round to fitting the deck....

Regards

Alan
tigerace
#230 Posted : 01 May 2021 17:42:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Lovely work Alan BigGrin

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

goddo
#231 Posted : 01 May 2021 18:32:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Alan,
Good thinking on the diffuser to even out the lighting.
Chris
delboy271155
#232 Posted : 02 May 2021 18:49:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Can`t recall ever seeing a build with so much "overall" detail as this.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Also expertly produced.

I am seriously impressed. WTG

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tigerace
#233 Posted : 15 September 2021 10:55:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just wondering any updates AlanConfused

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

Gandale
#234 Posted : 17 September 2021 09:18:55

tigerace wrote:
Just wondering any updates AlanConfused

Regards PhilCool

Thanks for asking Phil, appreciated. Think it is time for me to be a little open here. Although I would love to provide further updates it is unlikely that this or any other builds will continue. Not because I don't want to but because I'm no longer physically able to. A few years ago, I was diagnosed with a Benign Essential Tremor that would progressively get worse as I got older. Basically,the symptoms are that of Parkinsons but thankfully without the mental degradation part. I was able to find ways to model but as time passes it has become more and more difficult, bearing on impossible. The shake can be so violent at times meaning I would destroy more than I built. Some days are better than others where I'm able to do a little but these days are getting fewer and fewer. Cannot be definitive on whether further posts will be done but it is highly unlikely.

Although I cannot do any physical modelling it does not mean I'm finished with the forum, far from it. I'll still be around and able to assist members with their builds if and when needed so you'll still see me around from time to time. Am also heavily involved in behind the scenes workings of the forum simply to try and keep it running smoothly. Its the best way for me right now to keep in touch with the modelling world.

Thanks again Phil and best regards.

Alan
tigerace
#235 Posted : 17 September 2021 10:50:14

Well words are not enough Alan i`m so sorry to here about your condition ,i will miss seeing your excellent work and i will say this that you are a true gent and one of the best ship modelers i have ever seen,

all the best Alan and i look forward to your comments around the forum regards Phil

roymattblack
#236 Posted : 17 September 2021 12:54:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Sorry to hear it has gotten so bad Alan.
Your builds are inspirational to everyone here - not just ship builders.
Fingers crossed we might see little bits from you now and again.

All the best.
Kev the Modeller
#237 Posted : 17 September 2021 13:37:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems Alan and the debilitating nature that it has on your modelbuilding activities. That must be devastating for you?! Don't know what I'd do if I wasn't able to build models, it's the one thing in my life that I couldn't live without. How sad! Sad

Glad to hear that you'll still be around mate and look forward to more posts from you as and when you can? Such a loss to the forum as you are one of the better modellers on here and your fabulous builds will be sorely missed.

Take care mate, all the best.

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra
birdaj2
#238 Posted : 17 September 2021 16:51:43

Alan

So sorry to hear that health issues have affected your building. Always enjoyed looking at your marvellous creations.

Happy that you you will still be supporting the forum and wish you all the very best.

Its not often i visit these days and tend to off the back off email updates for articles (like this build) i have been following.

My Harley build came to a complete stop and while i did get a refund it did upset me that a build i was really enjoying came to a sudden end.

And similar with my Lamborghini. Had to drop “admin” a request last week asking for help as it seems customer services are no longer answering queries (or at least not from me).

Its all a real shame as i had planned to go for that bounty but not now.

I wish you all the best Alan.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
budgie
#239 Posted : 18 September 2021 02:06:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

BigGrin Hi Alan
I ,probably like many others,had noticed that you were not posting as much as you used to,…..words of encouragement in different topics within the forum and of course your excellent build diaries

Don’t really know what to say

Thinking of you and glad yer no deed

Perhaps not very pc but sure you get the gist (fellow Scots wry humour)

Look after yourself

admin
#240 Posted : 18 September 2021 06:53:13

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,

In the time I’ve been Admin, Alan has become a good friend. He is absolutely the technology Admin, and he also regularly reins me in right before I charge off on a harebrained scheme.

What Alan has done for all of us here on ModelSpace cannot be over-stated, nor ever over-appreciated. It truly is, and will continue to be an honor, and a privilege to have him propping me upright.

Alan, thank you.

Mark