Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

13 Pages «<111213
Gandale’s Enhanced Trumpeter Bismarck Options
Gandale
#241 Posted : 19 September 2021 12:57:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Thanks for all the kind words guys, means a lot. The condition is simply one of the many challenges we face as a part of growing old and one I have to accept. What the future holds I've no idea but I do know I'll keep trying to build and see where it takes me.

Thanks again guys, your support over the years has been magnificent.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
tf64
#242 Posted : 19 September 2021 16:06:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Alan,

I had noticed that you were not posting so much just recently and thought that you were even more involved with the Forum, but to read that you are suffering from health issues completely floored me, you have shown us all how it should be done along with words of encouragement to fit all of our builds and boosted our morale, this was all done silently, this I take my hat off to you.

All of your builds fit in the Master Class category, and all though you may have finished with the large builds it will be nice to see smaller builds with a smaller diary if possible.

Alan, I wish you well.

Kind Regards

Trev

Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

goddo
#243 Posted : 19 September 2021 16:34:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Alan,
I echo all of the above comments re your health problems.
You have indeed been a massive inspiration to all of us (both privately and publicly here on this forum) and I can only wish that an answer can be found to your condition. Stay safe.
Kind Regards
Chris
Kev the Modeller
#244 Posted : 20 September 2021 20:38:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I hope that you will continue with your modelling Alan and I get that it is very difficult with an uncontrollable tremor, but just remember that although the tremor will make it harder to do the smaller detailed work, it may not yet be at the stage to stop you modelling completely. Why not try building something less detailed with just a few bigger more basic parts that will allow you to continue enjoying something which has brought you a lot of happiness in the past?

Modelling doesn't have to be about achieving a supremely detailed and accurate model at the end of every build? It's more about the fun of putting something together and enjoying the process. Regardless of what it looks like at the end?

So go for it Alan, just continue to have some fun as long as you can by sticking a few bits together for your own enjoyment and if you don't feel it's good enough to show anybody else then so what, don't show it - just build for yourself!?

All the best mate and take care. ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra