Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

13 Pages «<34567>»
Gandale’s Enhanced Trumpeter Bismarck Options
DaDokta
#81 Posted : 24 November 2020 12:05:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Incredible work so far!

May i ask - which glue do you use to attach the PE?
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Gandale
#82 Posted : 24 November 2020 17:44:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

DaDokta wrote:
Incredible work so far!

May i ask - which glue do you use to attach the PE?

Thanks Walter, appreciated.

Just now I'm using Zap medium CA and find a tiny amount is all that is needed for a good bond. Apply too much and the bond becomes brittle. My preference would be to use GatorGrip Thin Blend, but am finding it impossible to get over here..... Just have to keep trying I suppose....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Gandale
#83 Posted : 25 November 2020 00:02:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Decided to have a go at something a little more complex. Went ahead and assembled one of the paravanes. Once again we find the instructions don't go into any detail on order of assembly so a lot of test fitting was done to work out the best way to assemble. In case anyone decides to have a go with this build I've posted up pics showing the build sequence that worked for me. That's one done ready for priming, only another seven to go....will post up again when done....Cool Cool.. Customary penny placed in shot to give a sense of scale.....

Regards

Alan
Gandale attached the following image(s):
DSCF9965.JPG
DSCF9966.JPG
DSCF9967.JPG
DSCF9968.JPG
DSCF9970.JPG
DSCF9971.JPG
DSCF9972.JPG
DSCF9973.JPG
DSCF9974.JPG
DSCF9975.JPG
DSCF9977.JPG
DSCF9978.JPG
DSCF9979.JPG
DSCF9980.JPG
DSCF9983.JPG
DSCF9984.JPG
tf64
#84 Posted : 25 November 2020 00:55:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice Alan, and by the standard of your work your near vision glasses must be working.

well done

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

admin
#85 Posted : 25 November 2020 05:59:38

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I don’t think I’ve heard you cuss during any of our phone calls, but I’d bet the air was blue, while you were assembling that paravane!

Looking fantastic!

Mark
Sticky Wickett
#86 Posted : 26 November 2020 22:55:46

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Excellent detailed miniature work there Alan. Very nice!Love

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
DaDokta
#87 Posted : 27 November 2020 07:22:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Awesome stuff!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Markwarren
#88 Posted : 27 November 2020 17:27:58

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Wow, that is just incredible work Alan and so small.Drool Drool
You are going from master of wooden ships to master of etched brass assembly. Cool ThumpUp

Mark

CaptnBirdseye
#89 Posted : 27 November 2020 18:57:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Laugh JEEZ, Al that’s some small scale etched parts! Well done. Pleasure to follow

Regards Gray
Gandale
#90 Posted : 27 November 2020 21:01:21

Thanks guys, happy to say the eight paravanes have now been done.... These certainly were tricky and slow to assemble....Cool Cool .. Going to do something easier now....Laugh Laugh

Regards

Alan
DSCF9985.JPG
DSCF9986.JPG
birdaj2
#91 Posted : 27 November 2020 23:46:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Those are such small parts but what some incredible detail.

That was an interesting comment you made about using just a tiny amount if superglue as too much the joint us brittle.

Bit like a light going on because i think that is were i go wrong with superglue in using slightly too much thinking tgat will bind anything but in fact finding the joint is not very good.

Next time i superglue i will try your suggestion.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Plymouth57
#92 Posted : 29 November 2020 17:11:54

That is excellent work Alan! Each of those paravanes is a work of art itself!Cool Cool
This hobby has come on so far since I began in my childhood (must be over 50 years now Crying ) There was a time when those parts would have been a single plastic moulding on the sprue (if you were lucky) or an approximate shaped blob moulded to the deck (if you weren't!)
I think I'm like Tony too - tend to use more super than I need to do the job!Blushing

Always learning!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
roymattblack
#93 Posted : 29 November 2020 18:17:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Yet another brilliant update Alan.
Those tiny items deserve to be in a case of their own.
Just amazing.Love
magpie1832
#94 Posted : 29 November 2020 22:00:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Excellent work Alan. Your flying through this build with excellent results. I'm still doing painting at moment but time isn't what I have. I can't wait to see more updates 😊

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

DaDokta
#95 Posted : 30 November 2020 08:28:22

Those paravanes are a piece of art!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
tigerace
#96 Posted : 30 November 2020 10:32:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Excellent work Alan Drool Drool

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Sticky Wickett
#97 Posted : 30 November 2020 10:45:44

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Those paravanes should be in their own display case!Love

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
Gandale
#98 Posted : 01 December 2020 00:52:03

Thanks to everyone for looking in and for those that left the very supportive comments, the support is very much appreciated.....Cool Cool

Well, I did say I was going to do something a little less taxing. Can't get any easier than assembling fire hoses. These consisted of 4 parts, simply glued one on top of the other. When dry, bent the small tabs round and secured with a touch of CA. The Pontos instructions here are a little confusing. Instructions say to use 3 parts for each fire hose, yet the pics show the use of 4 parts, so went with 4 to give the fire hoses a little depth. It also looks as if there are spare parts on the fret as I can't see anywhere else where they will be used. No doubt it will become clearer as the build progresses.

Next, decided to start adding the basic etch to the second level of the aft superstructure. The first task was to remove most of the moulded detail and finish off smooth with 1200 grit wet and dry. Drilled out the portholes and some of the hatch openings, then drilled 0.3mm holes for the ladder rungs and glued them into position. Did this now as it would be harder to do with the rest of the etch added. Will post up again once the etch for this part has been fitted so until then, happy modelling all.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
DSCF9987.JPG
DSCF9989.JPG
DSCF9990.JPG
DSCF9991.JPG
DSCF9992.JPG
DSCF9993.JPG
DSCF9994.JPG
DSCF9995.JPG
DSCF9997.JPG
birdaj2
#99 Posted : 01 December 2020 02:02:00

Beautiful precision work Alan.

Those hand holds/rungs are very neatly placed.

Hope it all continues well.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Markwarren
#100 Posted : 01 December 2020 09:13:55

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very impressive work again Alan.Drool Drool Those ladder rungs look superb.Cool

Mark