Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages <1234>»
Kev's MFH 1:12 1967 Eagle Gurney-Weslake T1G Build Options
admin
#21 Posted : 23 December 2020 04:18:57

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Kev, if you scroll down to the bottom, you’ll find pictures of all the parts laid out. I screenshot them, print ‘em out, and check them off as I’m inventorying them. MFH has pics posted for most of the kits in 1/12. They are a lifesaver!

https://www.modelfactory...com/SHOP/K509_K510.html

Stay well!

Mark
Kev the Modeller
#22 Posted : 27 December 2020 11:25:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Many thanks bfam4t6, Tony and Mark for looking in and your comments, very much appreciated. Cool ThumpUp

@ Mark - that link was very helpful Mark, thankyou. I have since rechecked all of my parts against those pictures and it would appear that I actually have THREE parts missing (43,44 & 45). They are all supplied on a single whitemetal casting block and all pipe junctions/connectors, so I can only assume that whoever was responsible for the inventory on my kit just didn't do their job properly! I have also since noticed that one of my 12 machined aluminium induction trumpets is mis- machined, being half the height of the other 11 and without the wide flare at the top! I have sent an email to MFH in Japan with a request to send me replacement parts, but I don't expect to hear from them this side of the New Year?

Just my luck, but not insurmountable. I can always scratchbuild the pipes and take a resin casting of one of the trumpets and then airbrush with Alclad 2 'Polished Aluminium' if I have to. Don't think it will notice too much when hidden beneath the mesh intake guard, but not what you expect given the high price of these 1:12 MFH kits!! Glare Mad

Has anybody else had any past experiences of obtaining replacement parts from MFH? Would like to know if you had any problems with them and how prompt/caring they were? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
admin
#23 Posted : 28 December 2020 00:39:55

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Kevin,

I inventoried a kit yesterday, and was missing 17 parts, including THE FRONT WINDSCREEN!! It must have been someones first, or last day...

I have had very good luck with getting parts. I have a couple different email addresses I use though. Only Kyoko-san and Ernie speak English however. I'll usually follow up with a call to Ernie. He is Canadian, and is VERY cool to deal with.
Kev the Modeller
#24 Posted : 28 December 2020 17:36:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks for your feedback Mark very useful and much appreciated. Would you be able to PM me the contact details for Kyoko-san and Ernie? Preferably email addresses if you have them as I'm not sure how expensive it is to ring Japan direct from the UK?

Sorry to hear that you have so many parts missing from that one kit. Kind of outrageous really given the high cost of these kits! Why don't they appoint a few employees to double check that the kits have their full compliment of parts, once a firm order has been placed and before they are actually despatched? Not good for encouraging repeat business if you ask me!?

Thanks again Mark. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
darbyvet
#25 Posted : 28 December 2020 19:21:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have a few MFH kits and it is quite rare to have missing parts IME and they are usually very quick to send you replacement parts at least in my experience.

Carl

tf64
#26 Posted : 29 December 2020 18:04:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Kev,

Sorry to read about all the missing parts it is such a shame when you receive a kit a find you have parts missing, and that kit is expensive too, looking forward to your next post and seeing your build progress.

Best regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

birdaj2
#27 Posted : 29 December 2020 18:38:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Kev

Really sorry to hear you have parts missing- i know just how frustrating and annoying that can be.

Hope you get it sorted and can press on with your build.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
roymattblack
#28 Posted : 29 December 2020 22:34:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Hello there.
I'm sure that you'll get the missing parts sorted but I agree, it's very frustrating even when you might not need those parts for ages.

Still - looking forward to seeing your epic when it's all sorted.BigGrin
Kev the Modeller
#29 Posted : 31 December 2020 16:01:38

Thanks for looking in and your comments Carl, Trev, Tony and Roy, very much appreciated as always. Mark (admin) has very kindly given me details for the correct people to speak to at MFH in Japan (thanks Mark), whom I will be emailing when they return to work around the 6th of January. From the feedback that I've received from various members on here who've experienced the customer service at MFH, I've no doubt that my parts problem will be resolved shortly. I have plenty to continue with on this model whilst I'm waiting, so it won't hold things up.

I have done more to the engine since my last update and will hopefully be posting up the details for all to see in the next day or two. I would have done it before now, but I was diagnosed as being Covid 19 'positive' on Boxing Day, and have been quite unwell since, though I'm feeling a bit better today so hopefully I'm on the mend - wouldn't wish this awful virus on anybody!

Thanks everybody, here's to the end of an awful 2020 and hopefully the start of a much better 2021!

Happy New Year everybody and stay safe! ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Sticky Wickett
#30 Posted : 02 January 2021 12:25:14

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Kev, great start and you will surely do this kit justice and turn it into a stunning piece. I love MFH kits, but don't own one, so watching your build vicariously!BigGrin

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
RM1
#31 Posted : 04 January 2021 19:15:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Kev the Modeller wrote:
Thanks for looking in and your comments Carl, Trev, Tony and Roy, very much appreciated as always. Mark (admin) has very kindly given me details for the correct people to speak to at MFH in Japan (thanks Mark), whom I will be emailing when they return to work around the 6th of January. From the feedback that I've received from various members on here who've experienced the customer service at MFH, I've no doubt that my parts problem will be resolved shortly. I have plenty to continue with on this model whilst I'm waiting, so it won't hold things up.

I have done more to the engine since my last update and will hopefully be posting up the details for all to see in the next day or two. I would have done it before now, but I was diagnosed as being Covid 19 'positive' on Boxing Day, and have been quite unwell since, though I'm feeling a bit better today so hopefully I'm on the mend - wouldn't wish this awful virus on anybody!

Thanks everybody, here's to the end of an awful 2020 and hopefully the start of a much better 2021!

Happy New Year everybody and stay safe! ThumpUp

Kev.

Hi Kev. Only just seen your missing parts saga. It's happened to me with MFH but they're always very quick and courteous to supply the parts. I've always emailed Kyoko for those and replacement parts that I may have messed up ( luckily not too often ).
Malc.
Kev the Modeller
#32 Posted : 06 January 2021 15:40:23

Hello Phil and Malc,

Thanks for looking in and your comments guys, very much appreciated as always. I have now sent emails to Japan and am waiting to hear back from them about replacement parts, though I don't think it's going to be a major problem. It'll just take a little time to sort itself out?

Currently recovering from Covid 19 but will be back on this with a new update very soon! Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Kev the Modeller
#33 Posted : 13 January 2021 14:15:48

Hello all,

Well, I'm finally feeling well enough to continue with the build and have managed to apply some of the smaller parts and ancillaries to the main engine block. I've also managed to lay down some paint and detail washes. There is still a few more bits to add to bring stage 1 to completion, but part of that is dependent on my receiving a replacement induction trumpet from MFH in Japan. Hopefully it won't take too long to arrive! The induction plate on top of the engine and the exhaust flanges on either side of the block are not permanently fixed at the moment to facilitate easier fitting of fuel and ignition lines and ultimately the fitting of the snake-like exhaust pipes at a later stage.

Not too much more to say here, so I'll just show some photos of where I'm at currently. Sorry about the quality of some of the photos.

Many thanks for looking in on my build, all comments and criticisms welcomed.

Stay safe! ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#34 Posted : 13 January 2021 14:19:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looking really great Kev. Definitely one of the best looking F1 cars from the past.Love
CaptnBirdseye
#35 Posted : 13 January 2021 19:26:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Love Love this build! One day.....maybe one day....BigGrin

darbyvet
#36 Posted : 13 January 2021 20:08:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start.That engine looks amazing

Carl
Markwarren
#37 Posted : 14 January 2021 09:12:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That engine looks superb Kev. Love Love

Mark
Sticky Wickett
#38 Posted : 14 January 2021 11:45:02

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The engine looks the absolute business!Love

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
Gandale
#39 Posted : 17 January 2021 00:12:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautiful progress Kev... have no doubt she'll look amazing when done....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
mogwai
#40 Posted : 17 January 2021 20:16:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi engine looks great, I'd luv one of these to do but it beyond my skill level,cheers mick. BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.