Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages «<56789>»
Kev's MFH 1:12 1967 Eagle Gurney-Weslake T1G Build Options
Markwarren
#121 Posted : 25 March 2021 21:07:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Stunning work Kev, The wash certainly make all the difference, looks so real. Love Love Drool

Mark
Silent_Running
#122 Posted : 25 March 2021 21:14:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Fantastic work Kev, I’m loving the look of the cockpit it’s super. It just shows the value resin brings to the table Cool
delboy271155
#123 Posted : 25 March 2021 21:21:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Well I`m very impressed. This has made it into the category of "Stunning"

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Keep up the good work.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

CaptnBirdseye
#124 Posted : 25 March 2021 22:27:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Cockpit looks good Kev, although it does look a bit like half a padded cell Laugh LOL Laugh
Lovin this build Drool

Regards Gray
RM1
#125 Posted : 26 March 2021 10:50:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice details on the cockpit and the hydraulic lines. That padded seat seat looks very good. Did you use a semi gloss or Matt paint on that?
Malc.
roymattblack
#126 Posted : 26 March 2021 11:09:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Amazing work here. That cockpit certainly looks comfy.Love
tigerace
#127 Posted : 26 March 2021 15:38:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It looks like a WW2 fighter plane cockpitBlink amazing work KevThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Kev the Modeller
#128 Posted : 26 March 2021 17:43:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Many thanks for all of your great comments guys, very much appreciated as always! Cool ThumpUp

@ Malc - The seat is just lightly sprayed with Tamiya 'Fine Grey Surface Primer' then airbrushed with a 50/50 mix of Tamiya 'Semi-Gloss Black' (X-18) acrylic and Tamiya Acrylic thinners (X-20A), built up in several thin coats. The resin seat is pretty much flawless straight out of the box and is such a superb moulding that all it needs is that semi-gloss paint to look like real leather?! It is also interesting to note that I used the same black paint mix on ALL of the components of that colour in the cockpit and yet if you look closely you will see that the steering wheel and instrument panel both look slightly less shiny than the seat? Probably due to the different base materials (resin seat and white metal wheel and IP) but a really nice subtle difference as a result?! I'm very pleased with how it turned out and another little trick learnt to add to my skills. Cool ThumpUp

Kev. Smile

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Gandale
#129 Posted : 27 March 2021 00:29:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Truly outstanding Kev, the work done on that cockpit really makes it stand out..... Wonderful skills.....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Kev the Modeller
#130 Posted : 27 March 2021 12:33:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Gandale wrote:
Truly outstanding Kev, the work done on that cockpit really makes it stand out..... Wonderful skills.....Love Love

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan, as always I really appreciate any comments from you, and yes, you're right, it really does make the cockpit stand out and I think the padded leather seat and overall blackness of it all will really draw the eye to this area of the model once it is surrounded by that beautiful deep metallic blue bodywork - which should happen quite soon! ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Kev the Modeller
#131 Posted : 17 June 2021 13:59:17

Hello all,

Took a bit of a break from posting on the forum and it's been a while since I updated this build. I have however been working away at it whilst absent so time now for an update.

The next stage was to prep, paint, decal and finish all of the body panels prior to eventually gluing the engine/transmission assembly to the chassis.

First up, a photo of the basic body parts all of which are cast white metal, except the nose cone which is cast resin. The photo below shows the parts cleaned up and ready for paint:

Prior to painting the nosecone I needed to cut some of the kit supplied brass mesh to shape to fit inside the nose cone which acts as a debris barrier on the real car and protects the main coolant radiator.

The photos below show the mesh cut to shape, then immersed in 'Krick' brass blackener to darken it and then test fitted inside the nosecone. At this stage it is not permanently fixed in place:

With that done, the body parts were primed and painted with several thin coats of the 99.9% accurate 'Zero Paints' Eagle T1G metallic blue paint. The photo below shows this process completed, the paint being quite dull at this stage but it will 'pop' when the clear coat is added after the decals have been fitted:

Decals and clear coat added:

I then set about adding the various suspension fittings and lower front arms. The fuel filler caps and breather pipe connections were also added to the top of each side panel:

The nosecone was finished and the various rivets, brake cooling fins and the the mesh finally fitted:

The next job was to fit the windscreen, anti-roll bar and mirrors, etc to the upper cockpit shroud. The two black electrical boxes that sit within the anti-roll bar are pretty basic and research shows that there are various wires and cables attached to these, so I scratchbuilt some tiny fittings and added the extra cabling as per my reference photos. A nice improvement I think. The ends of the wires were just tucked inside the shroud as they won't be seen when the bodywork is finally all fitted:

Thought I'd just put all of the various panels together on the main chassis tub to get an idea of what this will look like when completed. Note that the panels are only resting in place here, so there are gaps and misalignments to the central white stripe but they will all correct themselves when the panels are permanently fitted in place later:

That's it for this update. Ready to glue the engine/transmission permanently to the chassis next, then it's on with the front and rear suspension, driveshafts and hubs.

Thanks for looking, all comments and criticisms welcomed. ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#132 Posted : 17 June 2021 15:28:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Stunning work Kev.
Nice to see this one coming together.Love
admin
#133 Posted : 18 June 2021 05:28:24

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Glad to see you back! The Eagle is looking stunning. There is something so appealing about the contrast between that deep, rich blue, and the white markings…

If you are (or anyone reading this) are on FaceBook, I’ve just started a group dedicated to the MFH 1/12 Moby Dick Porsche 935/78. I’ve got a small group build going, but anyone is welcome!

Best,

Mark
tf64
#134 Posted : 18 June 2021 07:03:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great stuff again Kev good to see you back on the forum.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Markwarren
#135 Posted : 18 June 2021 09:52:42

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Beautiful work Kev, modelling at its finest. Love Love Love The colour is is superb and the detail is stunning. Looking forward to your next instalment.ThumpUp

Mark
RM1
#136 Posted : 21 June 2021 19:57:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's looking stunning Kev. Such a beautiful car and you're making a brilliant job of it.
Malc
Gandale
#137 Posted : 21 June 2021 23:20:24

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Stunning work throughout Kev and so pleased to see you posting up updates on this one again...... Keep the pics coming.....Love Love Love

Regards

Alan
goddo
#138 Posted : 23 June 2021 13:30:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Kev,
I have only just caught up with this build and it looks as though you are making a great job of it.
Look forward to seeing more updates.
Chris
Kev the Modeller
#139 Posted : 30 July 2021 14:20:28

Sorry for the delay in replying to your kind comments guys but they are always appreciated. Just been very busy with life at the moment but have also managed to get some more done to this since my last update and will post more sometime in the next week hopefully!

I have also, earlier today and after a lengthy search, finally managed to acquire the MFH 1:12 'Standing' driver figure of Dan Gurney for this:

https://www.scalemates.c...standing-figure--953351

It is on special order through 'Hiroboy' and will be coming from MFH in Japan. I'll post pics of the contents as soon as it arrives or with my next build update, whichever comes first.

The car kit that I have does supply a seated driver figure of Dan Gurney, but I wanted a standing figure next to the car. CoolThumpUp

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra
tf64
#140 Posted : 30 July 2021 18:53:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Kev,

Good to hear from you, I know you do get very busy with fab painting and have to put modelling to one side, I think the Dan Gurney figure will look the part after you have put your art skills to it, looking forward to seeing that finished.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).