Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Can't connect to the tank Options
dave220176
#1 Posted : 24 December 2020 11:43:07

Groups: Registered

possibly one for a master builder,

I have just completed my t-72 build today but seem to have a problem,

When I switch on the tank with the switch set to 2.4ghz the headlights flash rapidly,
I then switch on the remote and its red light flashes momentarily and then remains on constantly,
The headlights on the tank continue to flash rapidly instead of flashing slowly,

I have retried this sequence with the 2.4ghz switch in the wifi position,

When I switch the tank on the headlights flash slowly and continue to do so when I switch on the remote, but when I press button C on the remote it still is not operating..

Any assistance with this would be very appreciated as this tank is my 15 year old daughters main \Christmas present,,

Thank you for your help in advance,

David
skyfire
#2 Posted : 25 December 2020 07:25:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

For a start, the usual sequence is to turn on the remote first, then the model.

I asssume you have checked the batteries are all fully charged and the wiring connections in the tank are all fully seated and in correct locations. :)
dave220176
#3 Posted : 25 December 2020 12:45:26

Yes, I have a number of 2.4ghz RC models so I am aware that the remote should be switched on first on of last,
I have removed checked and re installed all of the wiring a number of times and all seem to be seated correctly,

I have seen a comment on a previous post by a master builder called TOMIK stating that the receiver board should be printed with VT29011-1, the one I have is not, I am presuming that this would not be the issue as his comment was from over two and a half years ago so I expect that all of the defective boards would have been removed from the warehouse by now,

I am at a bit of a loss, any other advise that you could offer would be very much appreciated,
Thank You
Dave
skyfire
#4 Posted : 25 December 2020 14:43:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Since you mentioned wifi, does your router have 5ghz as well as 2.4ghz and if so, can you turn off the 5ghz, (not all routers have the option).

If not, try moving to the other end of the house, (this will hopefully get you out of range of the 5ghz), as it is possible it could be interfering and things are trying to connect on the 5ghz, instead of the 2.4ghz.
dave220176
#5 Posted : 25 December 2020 15:30:27

OK, I've switched off the 5ghz on my router but made no difference, also tried switching off my home Internet completely and still not working,,

Any other advice or recommendations please
skyfire
#6 Posted : 25 December 2020 15:40:28

I am out of ideas as well.

But I am thinking it could be the reciever board, unless anyone else has a bright idea what the problem is.