Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Are Model Space at all competent? Options
LM24Hrs
#1 Posted : 31 December 2020 21:09:36

Groups: Registered

I have had a few issues with Model Space before but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and they have managed to mess it up yet again.

I've been waiting over a year for a replacement faulty part for R2/D2, I have a missing part from a full Spitfire kit that is still on sale and they say there is no back orders available as it's an old collection.
I subscribed to the Millennium Falcon during black Friday which was delivered today and they underpaid on the postage which I have paid now, I then find that with the 8 issues sent they have only delivered the 1st 4 magazines.

This just makes me think they are incompetent and badly run, I intend to email De Agostini in Italy and tell them how bad they are. But if they read these reviews they would know already
https://www.trustpilot.c.../www.model-space.com/gb

It's a real shame as the models are pretty good, but maybe not worth the hassle dealing with such a shambles of a company.
bfam4t6
#2 Posted : 31 December 2020 21:28:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

While I too like to give the benefit of doubt, and understand that this year in particular has been unpredictable, I too am questioning how seriously this business is run. Their correspondence is horrendous. I’ve had better communication from my weed dealer. No joke. I’m still waiting on my “free” 1/24 model of the GT 40, which I’m sure I’ll never get unless I call up CS and spend 30 minutes on the phone. Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.

All in all, the models are interesting. That is the only thing saving them right now. Ultimately, they are just glorified middle men, who seem to run their business on a mixture of business models from the 1990s with a touch if early 2000s internet reach. I think for $1500 premium models, they need to offer some more premium services. I am not above scouring ebay for what I want, and middle men have always been disposable in my mind. ****Deleted by Mark Adams****
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

wbushby
#3 Posted : 01 January 2021 14:24:57

I am getting very frustrated by Model Space recently.

On dec 15 I had to cancel my debit card used for my 2 subscriptions with them due to it being cloned and my account being hit for £2000. I sent 2 messages, 1 for the millenium falcon and 1 for the r2d2 asking how I update my payment details.

To date, I have received no reply but on 22 dec I received this:

We are contacting you in connection to your ModelSpace order. Unfortunately we have been unable to authorise your latest payment for your next pack. Your subscription is now currently inactive. To reactivate this please contact us with your new payment details quoting subscriber number XXXXX. As the payment has been refused by your bank we would also recommend contacting your payment provider in connection to this transaction. Please could we therefore ask you to call us on +44 (0) 333 240 1227 at your earliest convenience to update your details.

I have called them about a dozen times since during business hours and it always says no operators are available right now, please try later.

This is unacceptable. I understand there is a lockdown but I run a call centre and all our staff work from home during this crisis. We provided computers and internet upgrades for them and had no interruption to our level of service.

I have a second gripe. I have been trying to purchase the DC£ model that model space has had on sale since black friday now for boxing day. I tried immediately on both sales and several times during the sales period and it has been out of stock the entire time. Putting a non-stocked item on sale must be a crime under the fair advertising laws. It certainly does nothing positive for company reputation.

I am nearing the end of my 2 existing model builds and will not be building another model-space deagostini model until they get their act together. I recently subscribed to a FanHome model which is the same company which I will cancel as they cannot provide an acceptable level of service.

Gripe finished.

Current Builds: Millenium Falcon, R2D2, Terminator, Ecto 1, Enterprise D
admin
#4 Posted : 29 January 2021 08:26:20

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Can you please shoot me a PM with your account details?

It’s not ModelSpace, but the contracted CS agency. I’ll get you sorted.

Stay well,

Mark