Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
1/8 Entex McLaren M23 - round 2 Options
roymattblack
#1 Posted : 06 January 2021 11:55:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It's another big McLaren.
This one will be the Jochen Mass car.

I shan't go potty with masses of updates and pictures as it's only about a year ago that I posted my build of the same kit but as the James Hunt car. I don't want to bore you to sleep...LOL LOL LOL
roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1019132.JPG
Kev the Modeller
#2 Posted : 06 January 2021 15:11:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Looks like the start of another great large scale F1 car build Roy. For kits that are getting hard to find and command 'silly money' prices sometimes it amazes me how many you seem to have in your stash?! Have you been collecting these from years ago when they were cheaper, or are some of them kits given on the basis of a commission build?

Will be following with interest Roy. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
RM1
#3 Posted : 07 January 2021 06:25:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice kit. Good luck with the build. Where do you store / Display all your finished models. there must be 100's....BigGrin
Malc.
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 10 January 2021 11:27:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Hello chaps.

Regarding the quantity of these kits I have. Many have been in my stash for years but I'm very fortunate to have a friend who works all over the world - literally - and he buys up any large model kits he can find for me.

My builds aren't commission, but I'm also fortunate to have several people who want my models as soon as they are finished so displaying them isn't a problem as the majority go to new homes.

This one is being built for the chap who had my previous McLaren from me, but as a different driver and different orange/red. McLaren changed the colour several times.

Anyway, gearbox and main engine block now assembled...
P1019133.JPG
P1019134.JPG
P1019135.JPG
P1019136.JPG
Kev the Modeller
#5 Posted : 13 January 2021 13:59:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

A nice start there Roy. Really looking forward to following this build and I'm sure it will turn out to be a fabulous model when complete.

Good luck with the build. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#6 Posted : 18 January 2021 09:27:44

Thanks for looking in Kev.

A little bit more on this one.
The plug leads and fuel lines are sorted and the exhaust manifolds being attended to.

Regarding the manifolds - they just DON'T fit, and the instructions for the left side set are totally wrong. It's impossible to assemble them the way the instructions explain it and even once you figure it out, they don't fit on the engine.
I had to use my bench sander on the engine end of the manifold once the glue had set to get all four ends level, then drill and pin the manifold to the block once it was painted.

The right side was a tad easier but even so, the pipes had to be very lightly glued to the engine first, and then group the four ends and fit them into the reducer section.
When dry, remove from the engine, fill/fiddle and paint, then re-fit...
P1019137.JPG
P1019148.JPG
P1019150.JPG
Kev the Modeller
#7 Posted : 18 January 2021 13:07:29

Looking good Roy and an excellent swerve on those exhaust manifolds, glad you got them to fit eventually! It never ceases to amaze me how these kits can demand such crazy money given the rather basic level of detail and major fit issues when compared to such as the slightly smaller scale Tamiya 1:12 F1 cars!

Keep up the good work. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Kev the Modeller
#8 Posted : 13 February 2021 13:09:34

Any more updates on this excellent build Roy? Cool ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#9 Posted : 13 February 2021 15:51:31

Hello Kev.
I've been working on several things recently but here's a bit more on the McLaren...

The rear suspension and drive shafts are sorted and I'm just making a start on the cockpit tub. Lots of wiring etc to add to the engine so I'll be sorting some of that shortly.
P1019166.JPG
P1019167.JPG
Markwarren
#10 Posted : 14 February 2021 10:59:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Kev the Modeller
#11 Posted : 14 February 2021 17:40:01

Looking good Roy and making steady progress with that power unit. Thanks for posting the update. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Gandale
#12 Posted : 14 February 2021 23:53:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Superb work Roy, looks amazing. Love Love . I for one can never get bored seeing your creations come together especially with the care and attention to detail you apply to your builds.... Am sure this will be another stunner.... Drool Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#13 Posted : 15 February 2021 11:47:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Another stunning bit of work and its nicely detailed.

WTG Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#14 Posted : 09 March 2021 11:37:37

I've been slow on the updates with this one.

The interior tub has been completed, the lower body section prepped and painted and the front suspension area now pretty much sorted.
There's a lot of wiring and pipework still to add but it's moving along.

The upper body had a lot of sink marks which needed filling but that's now been attended to.

The last pic with the engine in place is just for a bit of fun.
P1019169.JPG
P1019204.JPG
P1019205.JPG
P1019206.JPG
P1019207.JPG
P1019208.JPG
P1019209.JPG
P1019210.JPG
Kev the Modeller
#15 Posted : 09 March 2021 21:50:25

I've been waiting for an update on this build Roy and it was certainly worth the wait. Nice work on the tub, looking really good and this is building into a very nice model!

Nicely done. Drool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
delboy271155
#16 Posted : 10 March 2021 18:11:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Very tidy work, looks great.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#17 Posted : 10 March 2021 18:36:43

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Lovely work Roy. Some very nice detailing.Love Love Drool

Mark
roymattblack
#18 Posted : 11 March 2021 15:07:10

Again, thank you all for looking in and commenting.

The upper body has now been primed, wet sanded, top coated and fitted to the main tub.
Time to move on to some of the bits on the front end.BigGrin
P1019239.JPG
P1019240.JPG
Gandale
#19 Posted : 11 March 2021 16:23:35

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You say the updates are slow Roy but they're certainly worth waiting for.... beautiful work....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
RM1
#20 Posted : 14 March 2021 19:39:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work there Roy. This is going to be a great model.
Malc.