Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Thunderbird 2 Sold Out? Options
Bowers00
#1 Posted : 07 January 2021 22:12:40

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

I was planning on buying the full Thunderbird 2 kit from the modelspace website within the next few weeks and discovered today that both the entire kit and the monthly subscription has gone out of stock. Is this a temporary thing, or permanent? It really would be a shame if this set is no longer available to buy.Sad
Bowers00
#2 Posted : 19 February 2021 19:41:48

Got an email from the customer services department and was told the main kit is going to be restocked but they don't have a date yet. However, it now appears the Pod 2 extension kit has also sold out and since the page has been removed from the website, I'm assuming it won't be restocked but I've emailed again to find out.
Silent_Running
#3 Posted : 20 February 2021 13:41:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Thanks for the update on this, with new members joining all the time as well as globally it makes sense in my opinion to keep existing kits stocked. This also gives members who missed it the first time round another opportunity to get kits they wanted but couldn’t perhaps afford at the time as they had a build already. BigGrin
Bowers00
#4 Posted : 21 February 2021 18:47:06

So I received another email, reguarding the extension kit, and was told they were unable to give an answer at this time. Given they didn't say outright it won't be restocked and that when I last checked, before it got taken down, it hadn't sold out; maybe it will be restocked but we'll have to wait and see.
Dirk-Jan
#5 Posted : 06 March 2021 13:52:04

Bowers00 wrote:
Got an email from the customer services department and was told the main kit is going to be restocked but they don't have a date yet. However, it now appears the Pod 2 extension kit has also sold out and since the page has been removed from the website, I'm assuming it won't be restocked but I've emailed again to find out.

Hello Bowers00,

I was also saving up to buy the POD 2 extension pack and just learned last week that it is not mentioned on the Model Space site anymore.

I also send an e-mail to Model-Space inquiring about this. Because i really really want his kit. I still haven't got an answer yet. But if it is restocked I wil buy it immediately.

And any other extra pod with pod vehicles for that matter: such as the neutralizer tractor or from the TAKARA POD models the commercial fire engine, figures of Lady Penelope and Parker, etc. It would also be great to have any of the "Thunderbird 2 TAKARA KIT" winches / equipment coming from underneath the nose section. The hatch and attachment underneath are already there on our Thunderbird 2 model.

Dirk

Prefect101
#6 Posted : 06 March 2021 15:31:54

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

I am also very interested in purchasing this kit (both the main part and extra pod), though haven't been able to yet, and I'm quite concerned by the possibility of it being unavailable.
I've also sent an enquiry, so perhaps, if they can see that there is still interest in the kit, they may be more likely to re-stock (though that's only supposition).
Anyway, let's hope they do as we wish, and re-stock these items as soon as they can.
mickeyflinn
#7 Posted : 07 March 2021 08:45:45

Prefect101 wrote:
I am also very interested in purchasing this kit (both the main part and extra pod), though haven't been able to yet, and I'm quite concerned by the possibility of it being unavailable.
I've also sent an enquiry, so perhaps, if they can see that there is still interest in the kit, they may be more likely to re-stock (though that's only supposition).
Anyway, let's hope they do as we wish, and re-stock these items as soon as they can.

They supposed to be reappearing on DeAgostini's new FanHome website, but be prepared to be stung for shipping and handling charges - free on DeAgostini & ModelSpace, but £1.00 (in the UK) per issue (or stages as they now want to call them) on FanHome.

There are 95 issues to make the main ship and the additional Pod, so you could be looking at a considerable amount for P&P. I raised this earlier;
FanHome vs ModelSpace Discussion
Dirk-Jan
#8 Posted : 16 October 2022 10:52:35

Are there still members of this Forum interested in this TB-2 Extension Pack? I am in contact with a Japanese seller whose supplier possibly has multiple 81-95 issues and who could sell these via Ebay. If there are people interested i could ask my contact how much of these packs are available and bring you in contact with eachother.

I myself am at the moment negotiating about price and P&P. He suggested to send only the parts and booklet so that would save on weight, when you exclude the original cardboard boxes in which each issue was provided by DeAgostini Japan.

If i have more on this i will share with you.
Spookyville
#9 Posted : 24 February 2024 14:22:03

Still hoping they re-release this at some point as missed out first time around.
delboy271155
#10 Posted : 24 February 2024 23:04:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi, Blink Blink

I would not hold your breath for a TB2 return. As far as I know there is nothing in the pipe-line.

Lots of new kits on line, so its unlikely.

Sorry

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"