Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Flying Dutchman Options
Martyn Ingram
#1 Posted : 09 January 2021 14:32:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi all I have been working on this project since the first lockdown as something to do. I copied the bulkheads from the corel vasa as looking at the Dutchman it's very similar to the Vasa apart from the forecastle and the deck plan . So I have put larger decks on and changed the bow to look like the F/Dutchman. Sorry I haven't got any pictures of the first part of the build. As I'm not very good at carving I have used modelling clay for the scary faces and the weird stuff on the stern I think they look ok still lots to do Cool . It's nice to build something that's total fantasy so I don't have to worry about historical accuracy and I can do whatever I like 😉.Cheers for looking
Martyn
As this is a scratch build the price so far £4.99 for the 2mm ply and £4.00 for the clay all the rest free from bits and pieces from other builds Cool
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
20210109_125155.jpg
20210109_125127.jpg
20210109_125104.jpg
20210109_125719.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
tigerace
#2 Posted : 09 January 2021 15:09:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow looks superb so far MartynBigGrin will be following BigGrin

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

roymattblack
#3 Posted : 09 January 2021 15:32:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Jeepers... VERY spooky. Great work.
Strangely enough I wrote an Indiana Jones novel all about the Flying Dutchman. The ship is a great bit of history worth looking into.Cool
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 09 January 2021 17:00:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Wow, that looks stunning Martyn. Count me in as one of your followers.Love

Mark
Martyn Ingram
#5 Posted : 09 January 2021 18:01:27

BigGrin thanks for looking guys Cool the F/D has certainly got a lot of legend behind it Roy .I'm having a lot of fun with thisLaugh
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
nightwisher
#6 Posted : 10 January 2021 17:58:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Fantastic stuff ,scratch building at its best. Nice to see your work back on here again
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
birdaj2
#7 Posted : 10 January 2021 19:06:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn

Nice to see your latest updates. You could always produce something a bit special and this one sits in the same category.

Loving the sculpted details, some real skills to be able to do that.

Hoping you share some more with us as its looking so good at this point.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Martyn Ingram
#8 Posted : 13 January 2021 08:38:07

BigGrin hi Tony and Nightwisher . Thanks for looking in and the brilliant comments 😀
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Sticky Wickett
#9 Posted : 14 January 2021 11:39:31

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow! Fantastic work Martyn. That clay work is something else!Love

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
Garth
#10 Posted : 19 February 2021 10:22:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Martyn,
This looks fantastic!!!Drool
I love your sculpted detailing - it so looks the part.
It is nice to be able to let your imagination run wild and not waste time counting the rivets LOL
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
tf64
#11 Posted : 19 February 2021 23:40:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Martyn,

Just found this build and I have to comment that a scratch build will really test your skills looking forward to seeing your next post and what you have thought up.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Martyn Ingram
#12 Posted : 20 February 2021 15:47:01

BigGrin thanks for your feedback guys Cool. A bit more done on the FD .
I have finished the stern galleries and the scary faces on the Hull. Next job making it look old and battered so I have put some barnacles and clam thingys on the sides and smashed some holes in the planking. I need to find a way of putting some smaller barnacles on the lower hull Confused
Thanks for looking
Martyn
20210220_135615.jpg
20210220_135548.jpg
20210220_135503.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
Markwarren
#13 Posted : 20 February 2021 19:23:06

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Wow Martyn that is just something else.Love Love Love The sculpture is excellent.. Love A lot of hours been put into this.

Mark
Martyn Ingram
#14 Posted : 24 April 2021 14:55:27

BigGrin Thanks for the comments guys Cool
A little bit more done on the FD.
I've been working on the grimreper figure head.
I tried lots of different ways to do it. The modeling clay was to brittle, I tried wire ribs but they looked rubbish so I went out and got some milliput modeling putty and hay presto ribs that looked good Cool
Next job painting and weathering Cool
Catch you next time
Martyn
20210424_143844.jpg
20210424_150136.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
roymattblack
#15 Posted : 24 April 2021 16:35:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Absolutely amazing.

As an aside, I'm 3/4 of the way through writing an Indiana Jones novel all about the Flying Dutchman.BigGrin
goddo
#16 Posted : 24 April 2021 18:29:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Martyn,
I saw this when you first posted the build and I have to say you are doing a great job.
Nice to let your imagination run for a while too, with nobody to say “That’s not accurate”
Well done.
Chris
Martyn Ingram
#17 Posted : 24 April 2021 18:58:35

roymattblack wrote:
Absolutely amazing.

As an aside, I'm 3/4 of the way through writing an Indiana Jones novel all about the Flying Dutchman.BigGrin

Cheers Roy perhaps when they make the film of your book they might want to use my ship for the CGI LOL
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Martyn Ingram
#18 Posted : 24 April 2021 19:00:24

BigGrin Thanks for the comments Chris it's nice to make something that's total fantasy Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
roymattblack
#19 Posted : 24 April 2021 19:06:53

Martyn Ingram wrote:
roymattblack wrote:
Absolutely amazing.

Cheers Roy perhaps when they make the film of your book they might want to use my ship for the CGI LOL
Martyn

Funny you should say that - one of my books is a film already...
https://www.amazon.co.uk...d=1619287572&sr=8-8

Markwarren
#20 Posted : 25 April 2021 08:33:21

Looking very nice Martyn.Love Love

Mark