Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages «<171819
Tom Options
birdaj2
#361 Posted : 13 April 2022 19:54:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Love your victory build. Such precision it looks amazing.

Your garden project looks wonderful.

I have some old worn out decking that needs replacing and seeing what you are building is giving me some ideas fir my own project.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
tom.ganc
#362 Posted : 03 May 2022 11:54:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

birdaj2 wrote:
Love your victory build. Such precision it looks amazing.

Your garden project looks wonderful.

I have some old worn out decking that needs replacing and seeing what you are building is giving me some ideas fir my own project.

Tony

Thanks Tony, much appreciated.

I have finally finished the garden, just need one tip run to get rid of all the rubbish. I'm really pleased with the result.
I can't wait to do the proper photo shoot of my Victory there ;)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

So my friends now it's time to get back to rigging. Drool

Regards
Tom
goddo
#363 Posted : 03 May 2022 12:47:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Tom,
Most impressive work on the decking area.
Chris
tom.ganc
#364 Posted : 04 May 2022 09:47:50

goddo wrote:
Hi Tom,
Most impressive work on the decking area.
Chris

Thanks Chris

It turned out really good and I very much enjoyed the build.
Right now I need to get back to my victory as she may be missing me :)

Regards
Tom

tom.ganc
#365 Posted : 16 May 2022 11:12:13

Hello good morning fellow ship modellers BigGrin

I have tiny update on my build, I managed to get few levels of ratlines done - gosh it will take me a while ;)
I'm loving the process so far but I've got quite few of them to do so we will see.

For the rope I winded it myself, 3x1 strand of this tiny little thing. It looks amazing on the model but have a look yourself...

Untitled

And to give you a perspective - against my finger Huh

Untitled

Stay tuned as I will be posting update when one side is done ;)

Regards
Tom
z8000783
#366 Posted : 16 May 2022 11:48:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

It does indeed look fabulous, Tom

birdaj2
#367 Posted : 16 May 2022 15:05:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That makes a big improvement over the kit supplied rope. And with so much rope work being needed yours will look outstanding from the pictures you have posted.

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
tom.ganc
#368 Posted : 17 May 2022 09:29:49

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

It's long process and last night I told myself that I need to finish one side of lower mizzen mast - here it is then

I love the way it looks and spending hours doing it this way is well worth it ;) Besides the more I do it the faster I'm at it.

Stay tuned for more updates...

Untitled
CaptnBirdseye
#369 Posted : 17 May 2022 12:10:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Impressive stuff, Tom well worth the effort ThumpUp
tom.ganc
#370 Posted : 19 May 2022 12:00:28

Thanks for that,

well another update. I managed to get one side done and wow that's tons of work especially on the top mast. My eyes were bleeding after few hours Flapper

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I've started on another side already...

Have a great builds
Tom
birdaj2
#371 Posted : 19 May 2022 21:07:55

Looks amazing and so neatly done.

Tony
Happy Modelling

goddo
#372 Posted : 20 May 2022 12:03:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Stunning work Tom.
Well done.
tom.ganc
#373 Posted : 20 May 2022 12:21:57

Thanks guys

I was looking at the model last night and I realised that I made a great call starting the ratlines as I was just about to rig the main top mast backstays, etc and they would be in the way when doing ratlines. Looks like I have few weeks planned as that's how long it will take me to do them on fore and main mast Blink
Well nothing to worry about, I got hang of it now so it goes nicely.

Will keep you posted

Regards
Tom
tom.ganc
#374 Posted : 29 July 2022 09:43:53

Morning everyone

How are you guys doing? How are your builds? It's been a quiet here recently :)
I'm busy all around with work so didn't have much chance to do more rigging at mine. Currently completed ratlines on one port of lower main mast and getting started on starboard (or other way around).
I'm tempted to take some nice pics of my build in good light scenario and post it here. I thing this can be done next week :)

Have a great weekend and hopefully productive one.

Regards
Tom
z8000783
#375 Posted : 29 July 2022 10:00:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I'm in pretty much the same position here, high 30s a lot of the time so most days in the pool. Therefore, I am not likely to back on board until September/October. Next step will be the hammock nets which are all organised and ready to start when I finally get motivated to go again.

I must say though, I am considering leaving the forum. There seem to be no one building the Vic these days and few people can be bothered to comment on the pictures any more, not just mine. I am not interested in other products and, there is no way I would purchase another build from DeAg.

In the meantime, good to hear from you and have a great rest of the summer.

goddo
#376 Posted : 29 July 2022 10:17:47

Don't leave the forum John!! Crying I always enjoy your input on this site whatever the subject.
Your build diary has slowed down as you say but so has everyone else's. I don't know whether it's lack of drive to carry on, lack of parts available due to the pandemic, or just pure economics where people have other things (like energy bills Cursing ) to spend their hard earned cash on.
The hot weather also doesn't help with sitting in a shed or back room trying to concentrate on rigging or whatever stage you are at.
Personally, my health has been an issue as you know and then I had a small diversionary build of the race car, which I really enjoyed. But now I'm starting back on the Vic, working either late evenings (with a fan for backup) or during the night when it's cooler. When ever I do anything though, it's never for very long so progress is slow.I should be employing your skills again to put up some pics very shortly with a bit of luck.
Chris
z8000783
#377 Posted : 29 July 2022 10:24:41

You are very kind Chris, and I am lucky to have had all the parts delivered years ago. I am still enjoying the build immensely and only stop when I go back to the UK or do other things.

Don't worry about your pics though, they will be completely unaffected, and they literally only take a minute or two to put up, and I will look in now again I expect.

birdaj2
#378 Posted : 29 July 2022 18:24:13

z8000783 wrote:

I'm in pretty much the same position here, high 30s a lot of the time so most days in the pool. Therefore, I am not likely to back on board until September/October. Next step will be the hammock nets which are all organised and ready to start when I finally get motivated to go again.

I must say though, I am considering leaving the forum. There seem to be no one building the Vic these days and few people can be bothered to comment on the pictures any more, not just mine. I am not interested in other products and, there is no way I would purchase another build from DeAg.

In the meantime, good to hear from you and have a great rest of the summer.

Hi John, hope all is well with you.

I rarely post these days due to a combination if factors. Had some issues with my Lamborghini and Harley, which while resolved (refund on 1 and kind assistance of Mark (admin) on the other) i am not investing anymore in partworks.

The last was the hachette spitfire and that turned into a real “white elephant”.

I still have my Victory (rebuilt for the second time) to just the ribs on the keel. Managed to order all of the “woody modelworks” upgrades before he stopped production on those, so for me an investment that needs using.

In terms if actual building i have done nothing for a long time now. That is down to health issues sadly. Life issues finally got the better if me and i have been on sick leave for the last couple of months.

I have far too many kits for my time left on this planet and a number of occre tram kits (8 in total) were given to a local schools fete (probably never made anything like they were worth).

Some of the other kits i have just been binning. Ebay is just too much trouble with (sadly) some of the buyers you can encounter.

Still have lots of partworks unstarted as well as a stack if caldercraft kits, amati, artesania latina, constructo. “Silly really” to have bought so many but it was done on the basis of get them before you retire.

My Mayflower ship was something i was enjoying but being built at the time i was caring for, and lost my mum, its put me off getting back to it.

Hoping as the winter approaches i can start something new or at least pick up 1 of the already started kits.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

richard.l
#379 Posted : 31 July 2022 18:36:36

Hi everybody i haven't posted in a while either but i will be back on it in September, i have had a few months off the build as its summer and i have other hobbys and interests, am looking forward to getting stuck in again though.
BoatBetty
#380 Posted : 10 August 2022 21:33:43

I love your ratline rope and think it looks much better than what is provided in the kit. Also, I am with you on tying the ratlines around shrouds, although it does take time but I think it ends up looking much more like the real thing. I reckon it will be far less fiddly to tie the ratlines than to thread those blocks behind the deadeyes on the chainwales now!!