Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages <1234>»
Yutaro's building diary of DDH IZUMO, a new partwork model of DeAGOSTINI Japan Options
Yutaro HONMA
#21 Posted : 23 February 2021 12:08:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi All!
I sent photos of No.4 magazine's building.

I got them last Sunday. They sent me No.4 magazine and No.5 (No.1 and No.2 photos). I wrote about No.4 here and will send another post about No.5 at once.

No.4 includes UH-60J rescue helicopter. Parts of main rotor, tail rotor and tail wing are attached on the body. (No.3)

Although all the parts are pre-painted, cut-off-cross-sections of tail rotor and tail wing parts have to be re-painted by my self. (No.4, 5)

Finally I put "washing" on the helicopter. (No.6)

One metal part is attached on the hull. (No.7)

At this time LED test is undergo. Battery box and connection circuit (No.8) are connected to LED under the flying deck. Turning the switch on, LED lightens and blue lights are supplied through the optical fibers. (No.9,10 and 11)

I have done No.4.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
No.1.jpg
No.2.jpg
No.3.jpg
No.4.jpg
No.5.jpg
No.6.jpg
No.7.jpg
No.8.jpg
No.9.jpg
No.10.jpg
No.11.jpg
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Yutaro HONMA
#22 Posted : 23 February 2021 12:43:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi All!
I sent photos of No.5 magazine's parts building. (No.1)

One metal part is attached on the hull. (No.2) I am afraid of scratch marks of pre-painted parts. To avoid the such damage, the hull is wrapped with towel when it is in storage. (No.3)

No.5 includes optical fibers for LED device. I attach them according to DeAGOSTINI Japan instruction manual. (No.4,5) LED test is undergo. (No.6,7)

Although DeAGOSTINI Japan sent me a parts of flag pole in this No.5 magazine, I think it is too early to attach the flag pole at this time because a lot of building works on the flying deck are remain. (No.8,9)

And I also think that the pole is too thick. I will make another flag pole parts with more thin brass rod in the future. The holes for the original flag pole are filled in and painted. (No.10,11)

The flying deck is also wrapped with towel during storage to avoid scratch marks. (No.12)

I have done No.5.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
No.1.jpg
No.2.jpg
No.3.jpg
No.4.jpg
No.5.jpg
No.6.jpg
No.7.jpg
No.8.jpg
No.9.jpg
No.10.jpg
No.11.jpg
No.12.jpg
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
tf64
#23 Posted : 23 February 2021 13:51:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Yutaro,

Excellent work on your diary watching with interest and thank you for posting.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Yutaro HONMA
#24 Posted : 25 February 2021 00:59:18

Hi Trev!
Thank you for your comment on my post.
DeAGOSTINI Japan send me two magazines once every two weeks.
I hope you to be slow going waiting for next post to be sent.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Gandale
#25 Posted : 26 February 2021 00:47:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Another excellent update Yutaro, she's coming along beautifully.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Yutaro HONMA
#26 Posted : 27 February 2021 13:47:34

Hi Alan!
I made small enhancement on my model and will send a log at once.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA
#27 Posted : 27 February 2021 13:50:35

Hi All!
At this time, I sent a log about an enhancement on patrol helicopter, SH-60J. I tried making the main rotor to be motorized. I found three kinds of small motors. I selected medium size one.(No.1)

I installed it in the SH-60J model that have had be included No.1 magazine.(No.2 and 3)

Electrical power is supplied through the wire embedded in tire parts from the floor.(No.4 and 5)

I have uploaded the movie on YouTube. You can see it at the URL written below.

https://youtu.be/Up2U8XLWJ3k

I have no idea how it shall be used for the IZUMO model.

Best Regards,
Yotaro
No.0.jpg
No.1.jpg
No.2.jpg
No.3.jpg
No.4.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#28 Posted : 09 March 2021 11:06:07

Hi All!
I sent my post about No.6 magazine build of DDH IZUMO. (No.1) This magazine included metal parts of hull and optical fibers.(No.2,3)

To install the hull part, I once loosened screws of near metal parts.(No.4) After installing it, I re-tightened them all. (No.5) This process is needed to decrease gaps among metal parts.

Optical fibers were attached to LED panel. They were fixed by metal panel.(No.5) Blue LED and fibers were examined. (No.6)

Optical fibers were installed through the holes of the flight deck. (No.7) Extra fibers were removed.(No.8)

I have done all the process of No.6 magazine.

Best Regards,
Yuraro.
No.1.jpg
No.2.jpg
No.3.jpg
No.4.jpg
No.5.jpg
No.6.jpg
No.7.jpg
No.8.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#29 Posted : 09 March 2021 11:27:36

Hi All!

I sent my post about No.7 magazine build of DDH IZUMO. (No.1)

Although two magazines are sent me every other week, I post each magazine's build log one post by one.

This magazine included MCH-101 multi-purpose large helicopter and LED circuit unit.(No.2)

The helicopter model was very easy to build. The only point to be caution was not to use glue. Main and tail rotors can be rotated.(No.3)

LED circuit was attached on the plastic base.(No.4,5) LEDs were examined. 2 blue LED and 1 red LED were installed here.(No.6)

They were attached on the flight deck part by screws.(No.7)

I have done all the process of No.7 magazine.

I'm planning enhancement on the helicopter (Not motorize). If I success it, I'll post the log about it.

Best Regards,
Yuraro.
No.1.jpg
No.2.jpg
No.3.jpg
No.4.jpg
No.5.jpg
No.6.jpg
No.7.jpg
delboy271155
#30 Posted : 10 March 2021 15:03:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looking good Yutaro. Cool Cool

Will be nice to see it all lit up, the effect should be really good.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Yutaro HONMA
#31 Posted : 13 March 2021 11:02:52

Hi Derek!

I don't have next magazines on this weekend, I'll post about another build.
I hope you can enjoy it.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA
#32 Posted : 13 March 2021 11:03:40

Hi All!
I sent a post about enhancement of a helicopter model that is included No.7 magazine.

The model was shown in No.1 photo. I enhanced the parts of rotor blades.

Real blade is so thine that it is warped when it stops. (No.2) I think the blade parts are too thick to be 1:250 scale.(No.3)

I exchange the blades to thinner parts. I supported and strengthened the blade base for changed thinner parts. (No.4)

I got some 1:250 figures. I painted two of them and tried locating them near the helicopter model. (No.5,6 and 7)

Best Regards,
Yutaro
No.1.jpg
No.2.jpg
No.3.jpg
No.4.jpg
No.5.jpg
No.6.jpg
No.7.jpg
tf64
#33 Posted : 13 March 2021 22:21:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work Yutaro keep posting.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

eebygum
#34 Posted : 13 March 2021 23:06:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice build Yutaro pity this model will probably never be distributed in the UK

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)
Yutaro HONMA
#35 Posted : 14 March 2021 00:36:09

Hi eebygum!
Thank you for your comment.
Don't worry. In UK, you can buy YAMATO and AKAGI.

We can buy FORD in Japan.

https://deagostini.jp/fdg/

Best Regards,
Yutaro.

FORD.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#36 Posted : 14 March 2021 00:43:03

Hi Trev!
I'll have next 2 magazines next week. I shall post about these new building log.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
]
Gandale
#37 Posted : 14 March 2021 01:17:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Excellent work Yutaro, some very nice modifications being done.....Love Love

Regards

Alan
mwb
#38 Posted : 14 March 2021 17:24:32

Yutaro san, your build is looking really fantastic. Nice detailing on the helo's.

wyatt
Yutaro HONMA
#39 Posted : 15 March 2021 00:35:17

Hi Alan!
In this part work series, DeAGOSTINI small models are near perfect, I think.
So finding parts for enhancement is fun for me.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA
#40 Posted : 15 March 2021 00:42:29

Hi wyatt

Aircraft carrier model needs good aircraft model.
DeAGOSTINI Japan sells option 1:250 scaled models of some kinds of aircraft and other vehicle. But they are too expensive for me to collect.Crying

Best Regards,
Yutaro