Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages <12345>»
Yutaro's building diary of DDH IZUMO, a new partwork model of DeAGOSTINI Japan Options
Markwarren
#41 Posted : 15 March 2021 09:22:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice work. Those modifications will make all the difference.Love Love

Mark
delboy271155
#42 Posted : 15 March 2021 22:50:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

More excellent work Yutaro.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tf64
#43 Posted : 16 March 2021 08:09:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Yutaro,

Following with interest, great work, and clean too.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Yutaro HONMA
#44 Posted : 24 March 2021 05:57:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mark, Derek and Trev!
Thank you for your comments on my posts.
I got new two magazines last weekend. I'll soon send new posts about them.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Yutaro HONMA
#45 Posted : 24 March 2021 06:17:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi All!
I got new magazines last weekend.(No.1) I wrote about No.8s' building in this post.

Parts attached in the magazine were getting decrease in volume. (No.2)

To prevent against damage of the deck parts surface, I lay the parts on towel.(No.3)

A metal panel with double-sided tape (No.4,5) and screws with presser plate (No.6) were ready to use before attaching the optical fibers.(No.7)

My step was different from DeAgostini Japan's recommendation that panel and screws should be ready after attaching the fibers.

I attached the parts on the deck parts.(No.8,9 and 10)

LEDs were tested, and exceeded fibers were removed.(No.11,12 and 13)

Reserved parts were stored as usual.(No.14)

I have finished No.8 magazine's process.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg
013.jpg
014.jpg
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Yutaro HONMA
#46 Posted : 24 March 2021 06:37:01

Hi All!
I got new magazines last weekend.(No.1) I wrote about No.9s' building in this post.

A metal panel with double-sided tape and screws with presser plate were ready to use before attaching the optical fibers.(No.2)

There are different type of Optical fiber parts. They are 3 fibers type, 5 fibers type and 7 fibers type. Numbers of fibers are marked on plastic root.(No.3)

I attached the parts on the deck parts (No.4 and 5) and exceeded fibers were removed.(No.6 and 7).

Fibers were tested by using other temporary removed LED circuit on the deck parts (No.8,9,10 and 11). Although I used blue LED, I guess real part's LED might be orange color

I have finished No.8 and No.9 magazine's process.(No.12 and 13)

Reserved parts were stored as usual.(No.14)

Best Regards,
Yutaro
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg
013.jpg
014.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#47 Posted : 24 March 2021 07:30:16

Hi All!
I have to wait for new magazines for 2 weeks. So my building and posting must be stopped for 2 weeks.

Instead of my building post, I introduce one rumor about DeAgostini Japan among our friends. It is just a rumor and I do not certain it is true or not.

Next No.10 magazine's parts are just a model of SH-60K Patrol helicopter. (No.1)

In such a partwork series' usual process, volume of the annexed parts are smaller and smaller. But only one helicopter model is too small for me to spend my time. Of course, I can not also explain my wife the price of the magazine.Crying

The other day I heard a rumor about partwork system from my friend.

The company intentionally decrease the volume of the parts. The reason is not cost down. They want to select real readers.

Shabby parts makes readers with weak intention lose the will to continue on the series.

From the market strategic viewpoint, they want to determine the number of the readers who have a will to complete the series. My friend guesses that continuous shabby parts is a selection process of the readers.

Through such a selection process, they can optimize the magazine supply of every component in the IZUMO model and the stock will be minimize, he said.

The instant I come out of the tunnel, a lot of magnificent parts are provided out before me. I hope so.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
016.jpg
delboy271155
#48 Posted : 24 March 2021 16:47:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Yutaro

The build is looking good.Cool Cool Cool

As for the marketing process you are experiencing, that`s a bit weird to me.Confused Confused

Only time will tell. Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Yutaro HONMA
#49 Posted : 25 March 2021 00:52:55

Hi Derek

Thank you for your comment on my post.
Even if this rumor is true, I never think it's wrong or unnatural as a corporate strategy.
After all, I believe that the result of determining the optimal number of the publication will have a positive impact on us as well.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA
#50 Posted : 31 March 2021 03:12:28

HI All!
Any magazines are not arrived in this week. I made small enhancements on helicopter models for a IZUMIO model.

Main and tail rotor blades of MCH-101 and UH-60J are exchanged. (No.1) First the blades were made of mat paper. But they were so weak that they were excessively warped. At this time I used pre-painted Kent paper. After painting the paper, I dried them for several days.

MCH-101
I removed the mat paper blades. (No.2) And glued new blades on the rotor.(No.3) And located it on the model.(No.4)

UH-60J
Plastic blades were removed.(No.5) New blade is much thinner than plastic parts.(No.6)

Orange color lines were painted on the new blades.(No.7) They were glued on the rotor.(No.8) And located it on the model.(No.9)

I omitted tail rotors' building process.

Three helicopters on my hand enhancement were finished.(No.10)

Best Regards,
Yutaro
No.1.jpg
No.2.jpg
No.3.jpg
No.4.jpg
No.5.jpg
No.6.jpg
No.7.jpg
No.8.jpg
No.9.jpg
No.10.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#51 Posted : 07 April 2021 07:15:44

Hi All!
I sent a post about No.10 magazine's building.(No.1)
In this weekly magazine, only one helicopter model is included in.
I wrote how I made enhancement on it.(No.2)
Rotor blades were too thick for me to display the model. I exchange them thinner blades made of Kent paper. I prepared paper-blades.(No.3)
I attached 0.5mm brass rods at the rotor part to support thin paper blades.(No.4,5 and 6)
The 4 blade were put on the rotor with glue. Brass rods were painted mat-black. (No.7,8 and 9)
All parts were assembled. (No.10 and 11)
I have done No.10 process.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
No.1.jpg
No.2.jpg
No.3.jpg
No.4.jpg
No.5.jpg
No.6.jpg
No.7.jpg
No.8.jpg
No.9.jpg
No.10.jpg
No.11.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#52 Posted : 07 April 2021 08:09:48

Hi All!
I sent a post about No.11 magazine's building.(No.1)
In this week, three optical fiber parts were attached under the flight deck.(No.2)
Before assembling, I made a small improvement in screw fixing process. A screw and a plastic suppression part were temporarily adhered not to be separated when it is fixed. Because I have to attach a screw and a plastic suppression part by one hand operation. (No.3 and 4)
Optical fibers were attached. (No.5 and 6)
Excess fibers were removed. (No.7 and 8)
At this time, I have more than 10 magazines. Although DeAgostini Japan provides us original toll binders for magazine, I bought general A4 binders.(No.9 and 10)
Best Regards,
Yutaro

No.1.jpg
No.2.jpg
No.3.jpg
No.4.jpg
No.5.jpg
No.6.jpg
No.7.jpg
No.8.jpg
No.9.jpg
No.10.jpg
delboy271155
#53 Posted : 07 April 2021 22:27:27

Hi Yutaro, BigGrin

Wow that`s a lot of fibre optics going in there. When its switched on I think you won`t need your house lights on to see it, but it will look great.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Yutaro HONMA
#54 Posted : 08 April 2021 03:03:34

Hi Derek!
As you pointed, a lot of optical fibers will be attached. Please refer to attached photo from DeAgostini Japan's webpage.
Best Regards,
Yutaro.
light.jpg
Markwarren
#55 Posted : 08 April 2021 08:52:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That is going to look great when all lit up.Love Love Drool

Mark
Yutaro HONMA
#56 Posted : 09 April 2021 00:44:17

Hi Mark!
Sure! I also think so.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Gandale
#57 Posted : 09 April 2021 21:20:15

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

More fabulous updates from you Yutaro, she's really coming along very nicely indeed...Drool Drool .. Think this is going to look quite spectacular when done and look forward to seeing it.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Yutaro HONMA
#58 Posted : 11 April 2021 02:38:51

Hi Alan!
Once having promised, I shall complete this IZUMO's series.
This forum is a pacemaker of a long term partwork for me. I also thank to every people who handle this forum.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Sparky1962
#59 Posted : 11 April 2021 08:40:07

morning everyone,
Yutaro i have enjoyed reading and following your build diary, thankyou. admin is there any chance of bring this model to the UK?
thanks in advance.
stay safe, get the jab when offered.
mark
Yutaro HONMA
#60 Posted : 12 April 2021 00:51:07

Hi Mark!
Thank you for your comment on my post. I'm very glad that someone is waiting for my post about IZUMO building.
I am not sure UK people can buy this magazine, but I know that Amazon sells this series. (No.1)
In Japan, some large book stores treat foreign books and magazines, and we can buy them.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Amizumo(1).jpg