Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<23456>
Yutaro's building diary of DDH IZUMO, a new partwork model of DeAGOSTINI Japan Options
Yutaro HONMA
#61 Posted : 12 April 2021 02:26:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

HI All!
I don't have any items of IZUMO building this week. I show a trivia about Japan Navy.
Having come spring, we can see a lot of cherry blossom here and there in Japan. As most of them are grafting trees, they blossom all at once and also scatter gracefully. I have visited some places and taken some pictures of cherry blossom in this spring.(No.1,2 and 3)
Japan Navy likened themselves to cherry blossom, they used cherry blossom as their symbol.(No.4 and 5)
When you see warships or other materials of Imperial Japan Navy and Maritime Self‐Defense Force, you may be able to find cherry blossom marks.
Best Regards,
Yuraro
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
CH01.jpg
CH02.jpg
CH03.jpg
CH00.jpg
CH001.jpg
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Gandale
#62 Posted : 12 April 2021 22:12:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Stunning pics Yutaro, thanks for sharing......Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Yutaro HONMA
#63 Posted : 14 April 2021 05:18:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Alan!
Thank you for your comment on my photos.
I'll sent a next IZUMO building post as fast as I can.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Yutaro HONMA
#64 Posted : 20 April 2021 01:14:31

Hi All!
I sent a building log of No.12 magazine.(No.1)
At this time, optical fibers and LEDs are installed.(No.2,3)
At the beginning of electrical wires from the LED circuit is easy to be broken. I treat such a point carefully otherwise the wire or soldered points are damaged. Wire cover was removed carefully.(No.4)
I installed optical fibers in a LED circuit unit (No.5) and attached the unit on the flying deck parts. (No.6,7)
LED test was undergo and the result was excellent I thought. (No.8,9)
Best Regards,
Yutaro.
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
IMG_20210418_213311_762.jpg
IMG_20210418_213427_225.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#65 Posted : 20 April 2021 01:50:03

Hi All!
I sent a building log of No.13 magazine.(No.1)
At this time, hull parts are installed.(No.2)
Some screws were made temporally loosen. (No.3)
New hull parts were attached. (No.4)
One F-35B model will be sent with No.14 magazine.(No.5)
DeAgostini Japan announced that they will sent 4 magazines once every month because they consider to ecology.
I think this series is not "weekly" but " monthly".
Best Regards,
Yutaro.
001.jpg
002.jpg
004.jpg
007.jpg
009.jpg
Gandale
#66 Posted : 26 April 2021 20:40:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautiful work Yutaro, another superb update from you.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Yutaro HONMA
#67 Posted : 28 April 2021 07:50:22

Hi Alan!
Thank you for your comment on my post.
I'll get 4 new magazines from DeAGOSTINI Japan on May 18th.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
goddo
#68 Posted : 28 April 2021 11:03:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

That looks a very nice kit Yutaro,
I look forward to seeing your build diary as it progresses.
Chris
Yutaro HONMA
#69 Posted : 28 April 2021 13:45:51

Hi Chris!
Thank you for your comment on my diary.
I hope you enjoy my build diary of IZUMO.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA
#70 Posted : 09 May 2021 14:54:53

Hi All!
I have to wait for new magazines more than one week. I can not post new building reports before then. We are still in corona-pandemic, I have to stay home now.

I post about one report regarding model building business in Japan. Recently one advertisement message pops up on my PC and smart phone frequently.(attached photo)
They say "We build your DeAGOSTINI or other partwork models instead of YOU." They do not sell completed models but their building skill. I call them "model building agents".

In Japan, ones whose business is second-hand goods sale need a national license. The law regulates stolen articles in the market. Some one happens to sell his goods to friends or small numbers of auction is not regards as business. Completed models are regarded as a second hand goods in Japan, but skill business is not illegal.

The rewards are usually the same or 2 times price of the kits. Adding the options such as detail-up, the rewards are often jumping up. Some popular agents gets premium rewards and clients have to wait their turn for several years.

I wonder that is there any such the agents in UK?Confused
Best Regards,
Yutaro
model.jpg
Gandale
#71 Posted : 09 May 2021 23:45:53

Hi Yutaro, here in the UK we would refer to such individuals as professional model builders. These individuals will build kits for you, not just partwork models but scratch built too and charge a fee for their services. It is commonly known as commission work and their charges can be high depending on the time and skill it takes to complete the build.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Yutaro HONMA
#72 Posted : 10 May 2021 02:12:49

Hi Alan!
Thank you for your information on my report.
I am very interested in such agents in other countries.
Japanese agents build not only partwork models, but also plastic models in the market, too. I have ever talked with such a ship modeler. He said that he remembers all part's numbers in TAMIYA's Yamato kit.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Gandale
#73 Posted : 10 May 2021 19:50:03

If he remembers all of the part numbers for the Yamato kit then he must have built quite a number of them.... We do have a few modellers here on the forum who have been known to do some commission work in their time. Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Yutaro HONMA
#74 Posted : 19 May 2021 03:23:15

Hi Alan!

Thank you for your additional comment. I'm sorry to be late for reply. I'll send next building logs soon.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA
#75 Posted : 19 May 2021 03:24:33

Hi All!
I have gotten 4 new magazines and parts of DDH IZUMO model last weekend.
As I wrote in #47 the other day, the volume of parts is getting smaller. (No.1) ​
However the building process volume is small, I will send the building log one by one magazine's step.
I sent No.14's building log. F35B-parts were sent and I attached 3 landing gears on the aircraft body. (No.2)
As I had nothing to do any more, I painted the tires with tire black color then.(No.3)
Best Regards,
Yutaro

004.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#76 Posted : 19 May 2021 03:54:28

Hi All!

I sent No.15's building log. CIWS (Close In Weapon System) and life nets were attached on the flying deck.(No.1)

>STEP 2

First I attached life nets etching parts.(No.2)

>STEP 1

CIWS parts were made of plastic. The surface is seems to be real plastic. I repainted them like plastic model of warships.(No.3)
I exchanged CIWS gun for a brass pipe.(No.4)
A small white gear was mistake one. Center hole was too small. I found such a white small gear will be included in No.16 magazine's parts. I guess that some one confused and took a mistake. I made the hole big enough to use.(No.5)

I did the all process of No.15 magazine.

By the way, the reason why I wrote "STEP2" and "STEP1" is that the STEP numbers were DeAGOSTINI JAPAN's recommendation process. Guess what might be happened if I followed them.

But it was a small landmine (anti-personnel landmine level). we saw a much larger landmine (anti-tank landmine level) in No.16........

Best Regards,
Yutaro
15-000.jpg
004.jpg
15-009.jpg
006.jpg
008.jpg
15-010.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#77 Posted : 19 May 2021 04:18:16

Hi All!

I sent No.16's building log. A motor unit for CIWS was installed.

Motor unit's parts were assembled. (No.1) Grease were applicated on the gears.(No.2) I was excited to image the CIWS moving by this motor unit. What a peaceful situation it was!

On the next step, I tried attaching the unit on the body but in vain, because there were two optical fibers. I found that I should not put the fibers there. The No.3 photo is in No.6 magazine's manual. Two fibers were put there!

I tried re-route the fibers but the fibers have already been cut. They were too short to be located in new route.

Finally I happily found the best route, I could avoid landmine.(No.4)

I uploaded a video on my YouTube channel with following URL.

https://youtu.be/X_MW9wezK5E

Best Regards,
Yutaro
16-000.jpg
16003.jpg
D001.jpg
D003.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#78 Posted : 19 May 2021 04:23:44

Hi All!

I sent No.17's building log. Two hull parts were added on the hull body.

They were attached by screws. I put several photos here.

I did it.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
17-000.jpg
17001.jpg
17002.jpg
17004.jpg
17006.jpg
goddo
#79 Posted : 19 May 2021 07:37:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Yutaro,
You are making very good progress.
Well done.
Chris
Yutaro HONMA
#80 Posted : 20 May 2021 00:33:40

Hi Chris!
Thank your your comment on my post.
I'm preparing another issue now.
Best Regards,
Yutaro