Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Meng 1/12 GT40 Options
CaptnBirdseye
#1 Posted : 24 January 2021 23:10:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

It seems like everyone is bringing one out. Be interested to see the reviews for this one:

https://www.themodelling...of-mengs-12th-scale.html
Kev the Modeller
#2 Posted : 25 January 2021 13:39:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

The Meng offering looks like it is better than the Trumpeter kit and could build into a very nice model with plenty of scope for extra super-detailing to take it to an even higher standard. It will be interesting to see what sort of price range it carries when fully released. definitely one to keep an eye on and one which I'm sure the aftermarket detail parts companies will go to town on. Could be worth buying one then sitting on it (not literally!) whilst collecting all of the extra goodies for a year before building it?

Thanks for sharing the link Gray, much appreciated. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 26 January 2021 09:30:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Funnily enough, looking at it on the website link from Kev, I personally think it seems far LESS detailed than the Trumpy kit. I know it's hard to tell just from screen images, but the colour 'finished' model looks horribly like a snap-fit toy.
It will be great to see one actually being built.
admin
#4 Posted : 26 January 2021 09:32:56

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I cancelled my order. Too many problems, too lacking in fundamental detail, and far, FAR too expensive.

Now, if Model Factory Hiro were to do one.....!!!

Stay well,

Mark