Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

bigred48@bigpond.net.au Options
bigred48@bigpond.net.au
#1 Posted : 05 February 2021 05:42:26

Groups: Registered

I have been trying to purchase the 18650 batteries required for R2D2 since Nov 2020. I have finally been told that that the batteries are only Flat Top and that they need extenders to make them Button Top. The only problem is that they are not available in Australia. Does anybody know of a company that I can purchase the correct batteries. Ebay Aust does not have them.
S4Simon
#2 Posted : 05 February 2021 06:51:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I know a lot of Australian builders, including myself , have bought the Batteries from Jaycar. Plenty in stock and not expensive. No issues from anyone. Catalog no. SB2308. Button top, unprotected 2600mAh. They ship within Oz.
BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
bigred48@bigpond.net.au
#3 Posted : 06 February 2021 01:01:29

Thanks for the info. I now have 6 batteries that are required. Being in the later stages of life I went to a well known battery supplier(no name mentioned)who after 4 months couldn't help. Lesson learnt.
S4Simon
#4 Posted : 06 February 2021 01:54:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good luck with the first start up.

For us Australians, it was a very long and convoluted build. Very enjoyable though. Mine's now fully retired to the top shelf display. :-)

BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2