Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport built Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 05 February 2021 12:42:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

My section is building super sport cars. After the Laferrari, which I built twice, there is now a model where I also have to do in professional life. I am very familiar with this car, its structure and technology. Only this one is a little smaller. It's about the Bugatti. I will build the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super sport. Some model specs. 59 cm long, 26 cm wide and 15 cm high, and weighs 8 kg. the components delivered so far make a very good impression. The color scheme of the Bugatti is orange. The remaining components all have the carbon look. While I am building the Bugatti, my 3 D printers are running hot and are printing my parts for the presentation area in the showcase.
The matching logo and the posts for the trade fair lighting are already ready. Also, two ramps with the dimensions that the tires fit on it.

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Eagle
#2 Posted : 05 February 2021 15:59:00

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looks like an interesting build, must be great having 3D print capabilities and you are able to do this yourself, will be watching your progress.
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 06 February 2021 15:49:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

This is going to be an interesting one to follow...
I like the look of your 3D printed badge.Love
Andreas
#4 Posted : 06 February 2021 21:07:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

roymattblack wrote:
This is going to be an interesting one to follow...
I like the look of your 3D printed badge.Love

Yes Roy
I liked the logo right away, so I decided to print the whole car nowBigGrin. Is a bit tricky because I have to scale some parts and mirror some parts. I started with the doors, ducts and air intakes. Some small parts are finished, but it will take about 170 hours until the whole car is done. In the end, the Bugatti length is 60 cm. I print the engine at the very end, I would like to print the add-on parts on the engine in color as well. The rims are currently in progress. Still a long way to goBigGrin

Forum Support Team
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 06 February 2021 21:19:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Andreas, Confused Confused Confused

Do you live in a factory, that is a fabulous set-up you have there.

Drool Love Drool Love Drool

As for the Veyron "Why Oh Why" can`t we have this on Modelspace. I`d be on it in an instant.

Till then keep up the good work as I`ll be following for sure.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Andreas
#6 Posted : 07 February 2021 05:28:14

delboy271155 wrote:
Andreas, Confused Confused Confused

Do you live in a factory, that is a fabulous set-up you have there.

Drool Love Drool Love Drool

As for the Veyron "Why Oh Why" can`t we have this on Modelspace. I`d be on it in an instant.

Till then keep up the good work as I`ll be following for sure.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hi Derek
it looks like a factory,BigGrin but it helps a lot if I can distribute the print jobs. Saves a lot of time. But you'll laugh, these Ender printers only cost 160 euros each and do a very good job. I have two now, but I'm still upgrading to 4 of them. I have enough space and they are also quiet as well.
It is also the future, and it saves me a lot of money if you no longer have to buy modifications elsewhere for expensive money
best Andreas
Forum Support Team
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 07 February 2021 10:18:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That is fabulous stuff Andreas. Once you have four on the go, it will definitely look like a production line.
The Veyron looks a great kit, as Derek said it is a shame we haven’t got that.Love Love

Mark
Kev the Modeller
#8 Posted : 07 February 2021 18:22:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking very good Andreas and how satisfying must it be to create something like that from your own skills and know-how, with no base kit as a starting point?

Very well done.

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
RM1
#9 Posted : 10 February 2021 20:15:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I'm just in awe of that set-up and the work you're doing....Amazing skills.
Malc.
Andreas
#10 Posted : 11 February 2021 18:03:12

Thanks everyone!

A few more components for the 3 D Bugatti. All in all, it will probably cost me half a year to print the components. The roof took 20 hours,the engine 9 hours. The fenders one needs 13 hours etc, etc. Then it comes to sanding, filling, sanding and finally painting these bunch of parts. A long procedure. We're talking about 277 individual parts. In addition, I have to keep records of every component regarding the dimensions. The reason is that the next part that comes next has to fit from the scaling, but the whole thing has a good one, you keep learning something new every step you do. The fact that the components have different colors has no cause, it does not matter because everything is still painted anyway. The pictures show how everything fits together later on, as I said, there is still a long way to go. But, I work at Bugatti, build the Bugatti model from France, and print me a Bugatti, so my life is BugattiBigGrin

Forum Support Team
mwb
#11 Posted : 11 February 2021 18:21:32

Brilliant work Andreas! And a most enviable job to have. So, is the Bolide in your future creations?

wyatt
Markwarren
#12 Posted : 11 February 2021 23:04:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Excellent work Andreas as usual. Love Love
Just need those other two 3D printers now.LOL

Mark
darbyvet
#13 Posted : 12 February 2021 00:05:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amazing, just amazing.

CaRL

roymattblack
#14 Posted : 12 February 2021 10:51:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Absolutely mind-boggling stuff.
Watching with total fascination.Love
andali15
#15 Posted : 12 February 2021 17:07:33

Fantastic, modelling on another level. Watching with great interest. Andy.
Kev the Modeller
#16 Posted : 13 February 2021 13:02:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Excellent work all round Andreas, that's modelling on a whole new level. Well done. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
kpnuts
#17 Posted : 13 February 2021 13:35:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amazing, so how hard is it to learn how to use one of those printers.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
Andreas
#18 Posted : 14 February 2021 09:19:33

Hi everybody, this is not rocket science.
Anyone can make it his own. The printers are now available as plug and play. Software and instructions are available everywhere on the internet. You just go step by step. When you have tried it you start to build your own projects like with Tinkercad. With basic shapes such as square triangles, circles, cylinders etc. you can assemble a model such as a locomotive. If the shape is given, the size is scaled so that everything fits on the print bed. By rotating the component a three-dimensional view of the model is possible. When scaling, you are always given the dimensions. If a wheel is 50mm, for example, I automatically know that I will use 50mm again for the next wheel. For example, if you have a left fender Constructed and this is on the work area in the slicer, but you also want to print a right one at the same time, then you copy the left one with the computer mouse and paste the one next to the other left fender onto the print bed. Then the second left fender is marked and "Mirrored" in the menu. Now you automatically have the right fender with exactly the same dimensions, just the wrong way round. You can also print a statue of 1 m, see Wabie (Stefan) with his R2D2. This is where the components are pieced and then these components are joined together with epoxy. Everything is possible, in Holland they printed a complete bridge over a canal.
I think we should continue the topic here in the forum for those who are interested. As I said, none of this is rocket science
Forum Support Team
delboy271155
#19 Posted : 14 February 2021 19:02:26

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I`m with you Andreas.BigGrin

3D printing needs adding to the forum as I stated the other day.

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=34792

I`m just getting started and looking forward to doing some more.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#20 Posted : 15 February 2021 08:51:19

It was the software that was daunting me, but I found it so user friendly. Start with the ray stuff and work your way up.