Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Magnifier 1/12 gt 40 part 1 Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 13 February 2021 20:41:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all well this is done but with the lighting I feel 10 pics is not enough so will post this in 2 parts, it is a great kit with only a couple of minor flaws, well make that 3

1 on distributor included with kit (but that is easily scratch built)

2 the working steering is useless it only turns about 19 degrees.

3 well I suppose I could include this with 2 the steering is not anchored in any way (so the steering wheel can be pulled up and down which disengage the drive.

Other than that everything fits well. I know it seems silly but one of the details that really impressed me is the individually turned air valves for the wheels.

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#2 Posted : 13 February 2021 21:31:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Stupot
#3 Posted : 13 February 2021 23:03:26

Hi Ken, very nice work. I can see you've really taken your time getting everything just right. Well done. Stu.
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 14 February 2021 11:06:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Ken. Display looks great especially when lit.Love

Mark
roymattblack
#5 Posted : 14 February 2021 11:31:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Well done Ken.
That's a really nice diorama you've made there. Love the lighting.BigGrin
kpnuts
#6 Posted : 14 February 2021 12:00:17

Thanks guys
Kev the Modeller
#7 Posted : 14 February 2021 17:42:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I think that's your best ever build Ken, looks really good and you have a nice gloss finish to the bodywork too.

Well done. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
kpnuts
#8 Posted : 14 February 2021 20:03:47

Someone said the control box spoilt the look of it so I moved it and painted it black

Markwarren
#9 Posted : 15 February 2021 08:52:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Does look better hidden away. Great build.Love

Mark