Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages <1234>»
Mark's Car SOS Diorama Options
Andreas
#21 Posted : 21 February 2021 19:27:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi Mark,
This is art at its finest, simply great!
I think you should have changed your job earlier BigGrin BigGrin
Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Markwarren
#22 Posted : 24 February 2021 17:00:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Andreas wrote:

Hi Mark,
This is art at its finest, simply great!
I think you should have changed your job earlier BigGrin BigGrin

Thanks Andreas.

Soon be retiring then i can get to spend more time on this hobby. The rust effects is all oils and pigment blended.
I did paint the body with Vallejo air rust colour as a base, but that was awful, so I’m rusting it properly. Yes real rust.

Pictures of body soon, when the rust has come through more.

Mark
delboy271155
#23 Posted : 24 February 2021 21:13:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That`s it. Cool Cool

That`s the type of Herald I remember. Flapper Flapper Flapper

Well done on the weathering.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#24 Posted : 25 February 2021 09:11:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

delboy271155 wrote:
That`s it. Cool Cool

That`s the type of Herald I remember. Flapper Flapper Flapper

Well done on the weathering.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Derek.
It seems the nice painted shiny ones were only in the brochures.LOL LOL Flapper

Mark
Gandale
#25 Posted : 26 February 2021 00:55:33

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Stunning work Mark.... it now looks as old as I am.....LOL LOL LOL

Regards

Alan
tf64
#26 Posted : 26 February 2021 12:54:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That's what I call a Herald 6cyl you have certainly made it a Triumph !!

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

roymattblack
#27 Posted : 26 February 2021 14:15:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

This just keeps getting better and better. Amazing work.Love
CaptnBirdseye
#28 Posted : 26 February 2021 14:20:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Laugh Jeez this takes me back! My dad bought me one when i was 15 to learn about mechanics. Yes they rusted, but you could leave the engine 6 months over winter and it struck up 1st time in Spring.

This looks a build that will be DEFINITELY worth following, Mark!
Markwarren
#29 Posted : 26 February 2021 19:38:33

Thanks guys for your comments. Hopefully get some more done this weekend.

Mark
Kev the Modeller
#30 Posted : 27 February 2021 22:06:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Only just catching up with this build Mark and I have to say that you're doing a supreme job of making a silk purse out of a sow's ear with this. Your rust effects are masterful and couldn't look more realistic if you tried. I suspect that they were also great fun to do?!

Very well done, will be following with interest and looking good already. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Markwarren
#31 Posted : 28 February 2021 18:11:07

Thank you Kev for you kind words.BigGrin

This time around I am painting the body shell and rusting it up to look like it hasn’t been touched for years. Time to spill the beans.Cool This is going to be a Car SOS diorama. I’m a big fan of the TV program and having owned a classic car myself a few years ago, I love watching them come alive again, keeping these great classics on the road.
Anyway, the first thing was to beat up the body using a knife and bending some of the plastic to give a flaked rust look. WARNING this is not for the faint hearted as twice I sliced my fingers open when the blade slipped.Cursing
Next was to prime it and stick it outside to rot for a few days to give a good base coat.LOL
I then rubbed off the excess, masked off and airbrushed some chipping solution on. Then I airbrushed on the final colours.
Further rust effects were applied and some pigments to give the effect rust is coming through the paintwork.
A lot more to do on this kit, rusting chrome and dirtying the window before starting on the second Herald. Not sure which will take the longest, the old banger or the showroom piece.

More soon.
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
roymattblack
#32 Posted : 28 February 2021 18:27:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Absolutely amazing work. I bet this will look stunning when it's all done.Love
tf64
#33 Posted : 28 February 2021 20:00:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well done Mark, I can see that a lot of work has gone into this build and it show's

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Gandale
#34 Posted : 28 February 2021 23:44:41

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nothing short of outstanding Mark. The detailing is right up there amongst the best.....Love Love Love

Regards

Alan
darbyvet
#35 Posted : 01 March 2021 01:35:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

mark you have mastered so many modelling skills, but I think your weathering is just outstanding.

Carl

delboy271155
#36 Posted : 01 March 2021 23:25:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Bring out the Aluminium mesh and body filler. LOL LOL

Mind you it wouldn`t pass the magnet test afterwards.

Loving seeing this progress, keep it going.Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#37 Posted : 01 March 2021 23:30:21

Thank you very much for your comments and support guys, always appreciated.BigGrin
I’m slow going on this as I’m still making this up as I go along.Crying

Mark
Markwarren
#38 Posted : 07 March 2021 18:26:41

Hi all.
Not had a lot of time for modelling this week, been rather hectic and late nights at work. A bit more done today. Finished the interior, although this version won’t have the detail as the renovated version will. The side windows were cut into individual pieces as the supplied part come whole and I wanted the front wound down. Still a lot to finish off with this, rear lights, bumper, and some side trim which will be falling off.
Here is my progress so far.

Thanks for looking.

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
delboy271155
#39 Posted : 07 March 2021 21:26:24

Excellent. Cool Cool Cool

Now must be the time to call "Car SOS"

LOL LOL LOL

Looking forward to the restoration version. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Kev the Modeller
#40 Posted : 08 March 2021 20:23:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Fantastic work Mark, that looks as though it's just been dragged out of the far end of a barn or freed from it's long term residence beneath a tarpaulin in somebody's driveway in the vain hope of them maybe restoring it one day!? I think this is a fabulous idea for a diorama and I'll be watching all the way through to it's conclusion.

Very well done Mark. Great modelling from you as always! Drool ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra