Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages <12345>
Mark's Car SOS Diorama Options
Markwarren
#41 Posted : 08 March 2021 21:42:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

delboy271155 wrote:
Excellent. Cool Cool Cool

Now must be the time to call "Car SOS"

LOL LOL LOL

Looking forward to the restoration version. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Derek, just got the back light and bumper to fit, place it in a barn find and then I’ll be calling them.LOL
Markwarren
#42 Posted : 08 March 2021 21:44:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Kev the Modeller wrote:
Fantastic work Mark, that looks as though it's just been dragged out of the far end of a barn or freed from it's long term residence beneath a tarpaulin in somebody's driveway in the vain hope of them maybe restoring it one day!? I think this is a fabulous idea for a diorama and I'll be watching all the way through to it's conclusion.

Very well done Mark. Great modelling from you as always! Drool ThumpUp

Kev.

Thanks Kev,
Not sure which build will be harder, at least it is just spray paint and polish with the other one.

Mark
Gandale
#43 Posted : 09 March 2021 00:17:46

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Now that is what I would call a rust bucket Mark.....Laugh Laugh ... Excellent work and superb display of modelling skills....Love Love .. Not sure I should say it'll be a beautiful display piece when finished but I will for obvious modelling reasons.....Laugh Laugh .. Very well done....

Regards

Alan
roymattblack
#44 Posted : 09 March 2021 09:59:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

An amazing piece of work Mark. It looks so incredibly real. Top marks there.Love
Kev the Modeller
#45 Posted : 09 March 2021 21:34:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Markwarren wrote:
Thanks Kev,
Not sure which build will be harder, at least it is just spray paint and polish with the other one.

Mark

In my experience Mark, getting a perfect finish on a glossy model is often harder to achieve than one with a lot of weathering? There is nowhere to hide on a clean build whereas most mistakes on a weathered model can be hidden behind the weathering process?

In my opinion Mark, I think your builds will be perfect whether glossy or dirty!

Keep up the good work. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Markwarren
#46 Posted : 14 March 2021 16:28:47

Lots of bits done over the last couple of days. I have made a tarpaulin that is positioned to show that it is revealing a wrecked car. I have also designed and printed the diorama base; this will be an autumnal theme with puddles and leaves etc. I have also started the restored vehicle, making the windscreen wipers and new bumpers, not the supplied ones. These are scratch built rather than 3d printed as it will show more detail this way. I have also started building the skylight roof as well as internal door panels which again are not supplied in the original kit.

Here are some pictures so far.

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
roymattblack
#47 Posted : 14 March 2021 17:07:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Just brilliant Mark.
It really looks like you could walk round it if you were small enough.
Inspirational.
It makes me want to create a diorama myself.
The nearest I ever got was some BIG Star Wars dio's for a photo magazine.
Many years ago.
mwb
#48 Posted : 14 March 2021 17:12:38

Now that is amazing Mark. Model building at the highest level. Well done Sir!

wyatt
Markwarren
#49 Posted : 15 March 2021 09:25:09

roymattblack wrote:
Just brilliant Mark.
It really looks like you could walk round it if you were small enough.
Inspirational.
It makes me want to create a diorama myself.
The nearest I ever got was some BIG Star Wars dio's for a photo magazine.
Many years ago.

Thanks Roy. The diorama certainly make it a more interesting subject. The restored version will be on a mirrored plinth.

Mark
Markwarren
#50 Posted : 15 March 2021 09:25:51

mwb wrote:
Now that is amazing Mark. Model building at the highest level. Well done Sir!

wyatt

Thank you for your kind words and looking in Wyatt.

Mark
tf64
#51 Posted : 15 March 2021 21:43:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mark,

What a wonderful Dio showing all of your modelling skills on one platform, this one tops your D Day landing craft, thoroughly enjoyed this one Mark.

Regards

trev

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Gandale
#52 Posted : 16 March 2021 00:08:13

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Mark, this is modelling on a totally different level... simply outstanding and I must say, I really do love the smilie on the side window.....Love Love LOL LOL Love Love

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#53 Posted : 16 March 2021 09:58:29

Thank you Trev and Alan for your comments.Cool

Mark
RM1
#54 Posted : 16 March 2021 10:55:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's amazing Mark. The base is so realistic.
Malc.
Plymouth57
#55 Posted : 16 March 2021 20:59:36

Brilliant work Mark, love the smashed windscreen effect and the rust is perfect!Cool Cool Cool
This is going to be a superb double diorama!
Well done.

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Kev the Modeller
#56 Posted : 24 March 2021 20:17:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That is such a cool build Mark, love the effects you are achieving with this, very skilful and that smiley fingered into the dust on the rear offside window is just sooo appropriate for this scenario - a nice touch!

Very well done on that scratchbuilt base too Mark. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Silent_Running
#57 Posted : 25 March 2021 19:41:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Brilliantly done Mark, this diorama looks like it’s set in a post apocalyptic earth, like Mad Max or Logan’s Run! ⭐️👍BigGrin
Markwarren
#58 Posted : 25 March 2021 21:04:52

That’s guys for your kind comments.BigGrin Should have the first diorama finished this weekend, will post them.

Mark
Markwarren
#59 Posted : 27 March 2021 17:15:44

Part one of this build is now complete. I designed and printed the Car SOS base. This was then sanded smooth before a satin black was applied. The diorama was painted, starting with the wall and then the slabs. Various foliage was applied and glued down. I had some wooden square dowls which made the gate post and then finished with leaves I made from real leaves.

Next is “Part two”, already in the making.

More soon.
Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
mwb
#60 Posted : 27 March 2021 20:40:02

Mark, that is just amazing. You make it look so easy and at such a fast pace. But then, that happens when you're at the top of your game. Well done sir!

wyatt