Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<2345>
Mark's Car SOS Diorama Options
delboy271155
#61 Posted : 27 March 2021 22:18:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Mark, BigGrin

The dio base is a work of art in its own right. Add the car and its superb.

ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

darbyvet
#62 Posted : 27 March 2021 22:40:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

fantastic work as awlays.You should put a sign on that saying "for sale.Good runner" LOL LOL LOL LOL
Markwarren
#63 Posted : 27 March 2021 23:34:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thank you Wyatt, Derek and Carl for your kind words. I actually enjoyed making the base dio as much as the car itself. BigGrin

Mark
tf64
#64 Posted : 28 March 2021 10:09:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi,

I do like this one Mark, it's just great, looking forward to the next stage.

Well done

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

roymattblack
#65 Posted : 28 March 2021 11:24:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Absolutely brilliant work there Mark. Just amazing.Love
Silent_Running
#66 Posted : 28 March 2021 11:52:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Wow 🤩 fantastic work Mark, and that base what a stunner, it’s definitely next level and a build you can be proud of. BigGrin
Markwarren
#67 Posted : 28 March 2021 17:23:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thank you for your comments everyone, very much appreciated.BigGrin

Started the renovation today, lots of scratch building on this one.

Mark
Gandale
#68 Posted : 28 March 2021 22:37:51

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Truly incredible work Mark and the eye for detailing is second to none..... Very well done.....Love Love .. Outstanding!!!!!

Regards

Alan
Kev the Modeller
#69 Posted : 29 March 2021 20:49:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That is the work of a Master Modeller, I can't fault it Mark. You've clearly given a lot of thought and consideration to what should be included and how you are going to portray something that looks lost and abandoned and it all works beautifully! You seem to have a knack with these old Airfix 1:32 mouldings, this one is going to be equally as good as your Airfix 1:32 TR4 build.

Very well done indeed Mark!! Drool Drool ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Markwarren
#70 Posted : 29 March 2021 23:20:07

Gandale wrote:
Truly incredible work Mark and the eye for detailing is second to none..... Very well done.....Love Love .. Outstanding!!!!!

Regards

Alan

Thank you Alan. You should have seen me strategically placing those leaves on with a pair of tweezers. I need to get out more.LOL

Mark
Markwarren
#71 Posted : 29 March 2021 23:28:40

Kev the Modeller wrote:
That is the work of a Master Modeller, I can't fault it Mark. You've clearly given a lot of thought and consideration to what should be included and how you are going to portray something that looks lost and abandoned and it all works beautifully! You seem to have a knack with these old Airfix 1:32 mouldings, this one is going to be equally as good as your Airfix 1:32 TR4 build.

Very well done indeed Mark!! Drool Drool ThumpUp

Kev.

Thanks Kev.

Got plans for the renovated version. Working skylight, chrome trim and rear picnic basket rack. There is also a lot of imperfections in this kit which doesn’t show in the dilapidated version but will be very visible in the next one. So a lot of work on the main body before I even start to assemble and paint it.

As you said in one of your earlier post, this will be the harder of the two. No hiding any errors.Crying

Mark
Markwarren
#72 Posted : 23 May 2021 17:08:37

Restoration underway. Seats re-upholstered, re-carpeted, engine rebuilt and new wheels. Main body primed and ready for new paint job.BigGrin

Old car v renovated pictures.

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
IMG_0397.jpg
IMG_9619.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg
delboy271155
#73 Posted : 23 May 2021 19:08:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Mark, BigGrin BigGrin

If I didn`t know better I`d have thought you had two of the same kit.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL or have you,Blink Flapper Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#74 Posted : 23 May 2021 21:59:36

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi Mark, BigGrin BigGrin

If I didn`t know better I`d have thought you had two of the same kit.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL or have you,Blink Flapper Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Yes, I have two of the same kit.Flapper just wanted to think it was a real restoration. BigGrin The two cars will be side by side, before and after.

Mark
tf64
#75 Posted : 30 May 2021 20:17:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mark great start on N2 looking forward to the next post.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

roymattblack
#76 Posted : 31 May 2021 09:30:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looking really good.
Be great to see them side by side at the end.BigGrin
Kev the Modeller
#77 Posted : 01 June 2021 18:36:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

A nice piece of work all round Mark, I'm so looking forward to seeing the pair finished together and I'm sure it'll be a vision worth waiting for!

Keep up the good work. Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Sticky Wickett
#78 Posted : 03 June 2021 15:17:46

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mark, what a fantastic build! The skill you have for applying the rust effects is outstanding!Love

This diorama is going to look amazing when done. Are you going to have a Fuzz Townsend type driver sat in the 'restored car'?

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
tf64
#79 Posted : 03 June 2021 22:01:19

Hi Mark,

PM today to you said your box was full up.

Trev.

delboy271155
#80 Posted : 03 June 2021 23:33:47

Blushing Blushing Blushing Blushing Blushing

Oh dear, this brings back memories of my first car.

Bought in the very early 70`s my Ford Prefect 100E had seats that looked up at the sky and I needed heavy duty rubber seat blocks so that at 5ft 6in high I could see over the dash and through the windscreen rather than look at the head lining.

I got stopped by the boys in blue almost daily as they thought I was not old enough to drive. Not an issue now at the young age of 65 going 66 soon. LOL

Keep up the great work Mark, I`m loving this.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)