Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<345
Mark's Car SOS Diorama Options
Markwarren
#81 Posted : 04 June 2021 13:24:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

tf64 wrote:
Hi Mark,

PM today to you said your box was full up.

Trev.

Hi Trev
Just cleared out my inbox

Mark
Markwarren
#82 Posted : 04 June 2021 13:31:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thanks guys for the comments.
Phil, not sure yet. I have been looking at Fuzz and Tim figures.

The working roof is giving me problems at the moment, I’m on version 12. Looks like I’m getting there though. Also made a rear chrome and wood luggage rack from drawing of the original one that fitted that car, along with scaled real chrome trim.

The model also had no interior door panels, so those have been made too.

More very soon

Mark
Markwarren
#83 Posted : 27 June 2021 15:49:34

Back on this build. I have kept away from the delicate small parts of this build as I have had a reaction to something that has given me the shakes and itching all the time. Stopped certain foods, thinking it was that and low and behold it was the washing powder. New and improved formular, well my body definitely didn't like the new improved formular.Crying So shakes gone and everything back on the eating menu.BigGrin
Back to the build. I have made a rear luggage rack, this was the 7th version, not easy. The dash was done as I did with the Triumph TR4a, although this is not as elaborate, and the inner skylight frame has been painted. I have also painted the lower part of the car body and put a chrome tailpipe on.
Just making the chrome rubber window seals and chrome trim, made from strips from my 3D printer.
More soon.

Mark
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
IMG_0945.jpg
IMG_0940.jpg
IMG_0939.jpg
IMG_0935.jpg
IMG_0931.jpg
roymattblack
#84 Posted : 27 June 2021 21:35:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looking really great!

Funnily enough, a few years ago My legs had terrible itching - all the time.
It turned out to be the formula in the fabric conditioner.
Now changed - no more itching.

Just goes to show that all these 'modern' chemicals aren't always that good.

Anyway, the build is looking amazing. Keep it coming.BigGrin
tf64
#85 Posted : 28 June 2021 08:47:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Nice work Mark coming along very well, thanks for posting.

Regards

Trev.

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Markwarren
#86 Posted : 28 June 2021 18:35:21

roymattblack wrote:
Looking really great!

Funnily enough, a few years ago My legs had terrible itching - all the time.
It turned out to be the formula in the fabric conditioner.
Now changed - no more itching.

Just goes to show that all these 'modern' chemicals aren't always that good.

Anyway, the build is looking amazing. Keep it coming.BigGrin

Actually, I said washing powder but it was the fabric conditioner also.

Thanks for looking in.BigGrin

Mark
Markwarren
#87 Posted : 28 June 2021 18:36:14

tf64 wrote:

Nice work Mark coming along very well, thanks for posting.

Regards

Trev.

Thanks for looking in Trev.Cool

Mark
Gandale
#88 Posted : 28 June 2021 23:27:46

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Wonderful work Mark, looking superb. Luggage rack looks really authentic and very fiddly to get right.... Love Drool Love Drool .. Very well done....

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#89 Posted : 25 July 2021 16:17:04

Well, this project is proving to be very stressful. I have added lots of extras to the original kit, internal door panels are one of the extras, and as the sunroof and windows will be open, you will be able to see them inside. This kit, like most old Airfix kits don’t assemble very well and this little car is probably one of the worst for that. Anyhow, assembling the top half to the bottom was very tricky. Lot and lots of tiny parts that don’t fit as they should. The first model wasn’t too bad as it was to be a wreck and a lot of parts were left off.
I finally got most of them fitted, even though the carpet monster was about again.

The first pictures were the front headlights. These were one piece fitment. As you can see, I drilled out the light area and fitted some clear plastic. I still have a lot to do, the sunroof needs fitting, windscreen wipers and wing mirrors all need making. The rear bumper needs to be put on and base finished.

Here is the progress so far.

More soon
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
IMG_1139.jpg
IMG_1141.jpg
IMG_1142.jpg
IMG_1143.jpg
IMG_1144.jpg
IMG_1146.jpg
IMG_1148.jpg
IMG_1149.jpg
IMG_1151.jpg
IMG_1152.jpg
IMG_1154.jpg
roymattblack
#90 Posted : 25 July 2021 16:56:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

A monumental improvement on the original kit.
You'd never guess it was the grim old Airfix offering.
Markwarren
#91 Posted : 30 July 2021 06:52:14

Thank you for looking in Roy. I have finally finished, although just need to sort out Tim & Fuzz figures. Here is the link to the finished build.

Finished Build

Mark