Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dodge Charger R/T, Pack 10 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 18 February 2021 19:35:55

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

It’s been a long time since Pack 9 was completed. I had to rummage to find the box with the differential and axles. I hope everyone is safe and well. My wife and I have had a couple of scares, but it all turned out good. I’ve been staying busy with some other projects, Mark has been busy with all kinds of stuff related to the website. I’m going to step out of place to thank him for all the work and help he does on behalf of the rest of us. So, for Pack 10 you’ll need to find that rear end that was stashed for safe keeping. On a roll again.

Pack 10 Stage 37.

Brake disc halves assembly. The brake disc 37F has two pins that line up the two holes on the disc hub 37G. Put both sets together.

Stage 37.2

Wheel hubs are joined to the disc hub assemblies with 2 PM screws.A pin on the wheel hub, 37E, will line up on the with a hole on the disc hubs. This will put the screw holes in the correct position. Insall 4 PM screws. Discs and hub assemblies are complete.

Stage 37.3

Orient the rear end as shown, the left side towards you. The mounting bracket with the “L” on it mounts with 2 PM screws. The two brackets are different, the locating pin to the corresponding hole on the bracket positions disc calipers correctly to the back of the axle housing.

Stage 37.4

Slide one of the disc hubs onto the left side axle. Attach with 2 PM screws.

Stage 37.5

Complete the other side, same as left side.

Stage 37.6

This step already completed.

Stage 37.7

Mounting the short brake hose, 37I. Carefully connect the appropriate end of the brake hose to the caliper housing (The brake hoses are plastic, so handle with care) The other will connect to the brake hose fitting, 37H. There were heavy seam lines on the hoses that required scraping with a hobby knife to fit the mounting hole on the calipers, both left and right hoses..

Stage 37.8

The long brake hose,37J connects to the other caliper. Orient the tube to go over the differential and connect to 37H. The brake hose fitting should be right over the mounting hole on the left side of the rear end assembly.

Stage 37 is complete.

admin attached the following image(s):
IMG-1251.JPG
IMG-1254.JPG
IMG-1255.JPG
IMG-1259.JPG
IMG-1261.JPG
IMG-1263.JPG
IMG-1264.JPG
IMG-1265.JPG
IMG-1266.JPG
IMG-1267.JPG
admin
#2 Posted : 19 February 2021 03:47:51

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Stage 38 AND 39

FM screws should be used instead of the OM screws as indicated.

Pack 10 Stage 38

In the first two steps, note that the spring shackles are numbered 1&2. 38.1 will connect 38D, shackle no. 1 to the rear reinforcement plate 38F. 38.2 connects 38E, shackle no. 2 as shown with AM screws. Tighten the two AM screws only tight enough not to rattle, but to allow the shackles to swing freely. 38.3, Orient the leaf spring 38A so that the long part of the leaf spring (from the drilled hole) is toward you. Mount the shackles to the leaf spring with an OM screw. In 38.4, build the front leaf spring mount using two FM screws(Instructions show 2OM screws being used, use the FM screws). The instructions are not really clear as to how to orient 38B to 38C, look at the insert for orientation carefully. Connect the front leaf spring mount to the leaf spring using an OM screw. Stage 39, builds up the right rear leaf spring, it builds up the same as the left. Orient parts as shown, the leaf springs are complete.
IMG-1268.JPG
IMG-1269.JPG
IMG-1272.jpg
IMG-1278.jpg
IMG-1279.JPG
IMG-1273.JPG
IMG-1280.jpg
IMG-1281.JPG
IMG-1282.JPG
admin
#3 Posted : 19 February 2021 03:54:47

Pack 10 Stage 40 Attaching leaf springs to the axle

OK, get out your axle assembly again. Lots of small parts in this Stage.

You will need the spring plate, 40A marked with an L, and attach one of the shock absorber rods with an Am screw. The shock rod should swing freely. Mount the left spring assembly to the axle ( post and pin on the axle onto the spring assembly) with an FM screw. Tie the leaf spring to the axle with 2 U-Bolts, around the axle through the leaf spring plate. Careful not to include the brake line. A socket wrench is provided to tighten the nuts onto the U-Bolts. I stood the wrench up, dropped a nut into the socket to get it started on the U-Bolt. Make nuts tight, but don’t over tighten them. Left side is complete, onto the right side. The spring plate for the right side is marked with an “R”. Attach the shock rod with an AM screw. Put the right spring assembly over the post and pin and mount the spring plate 40B (L) with an FM screw. Connect both U-Bolts with nuts. The leaf spring and axle assembly is complete. Stash the shock parts and leaf spring, axle assembly for use in a later stage.
IMG-1283.JPG
IMG-1284.JPG
IMG-1285.JPG
IMG-1286.JPG
IMG-1287.JPG
IMG-1289.JPG
IMG-1290.JPG
IMG-1292.JPG
IMG-1293.JPG
admin
#4 Posted : 21 February 2021 01:38:23

Pack 11 Stages 41 & 42

I’ve been waiting a while to get this model up on four wheels! It’s up!

OK, Pack 11 Stage 41, attaching the rear axle.

Step 41.1 starts off by building one wheel and tire. Both of them are in the box, so I’m going to build both of them. Immediately found that the two wheel parts wouldn’t fit the tire. It’s cold here, I took a hair dryer, on warm, and warmed the tires up. It worked, the wheel halves fit. The wheel halves go together, two pins on one rim, two holes on the other line the rims up. The air valve goes on a pin first, put the rims together ( I still had to squeeze forcefully to get the rims to join so that the AM screws would start). Put the wheels aside for now and get the chassis assembly and find the drive shaft built earlier. I got out a towel to protect the chassis assembly. It will be upside down or standing on the front end for most of the rest of Stage 41. I’m protecting all the stuff up front and I want the black to stay black. I installed the shock bodies with AM screws. I pre tapped the shock bodies with an AM screw, stood the chassis on the front end,there’s nothing to get in the way, then mounted the shock bodies, laid the chassis down and put the springs in. Ready to move on to the next step.The drive shaft is installed with the short, smaller diameter pin inserted into the transmission. Drop the rear end assembly into its location. The shock rods need to go into the shock bodies and the other end of the drive shaft needs to go into the differential at this time. I got all the screws (four AM, four FM screws) ready to go, stood the chassis up, holding the rear end in place, installed two AM screws in the back brackets (one each side loosely) and two FM screws in the front brackets (one each side loosely) and checked the fit of the shocks, drive shaft and the four spring brackets. If all looks good, put the other four screws (two AM screws and two FM screws) in and tighten them up first. Then tighten the original four bracket screws. I did loosen the shock body screws just enough to allow a little play in those parts so there would less chance of binding the shock rods.I layed the chassis upside down on the towel to put the wheel and tires on. On to the wheels. There is a keyways of sorts on the wheel hubs and the inside of the wheels that must line up (same as the front wheel, I didn’t remember about the key way on the front wheels, so I checked for the proper mounting of the front wheels when I completed the rears). Mount the wheels with the washers and IM screws and press the hub covers onto the wheels. YES, the rear end, drive shaft and wheels are on. Last but not least, find your toothpick and attach the brake line. Stages 41 and 42 are complete.
IMG-1295.JPG
IMG-1296.JPG
IMG-1297.JPG
IMG-1298.JPG
IMG-1299.JPG
IMG-1301.JPG
IMG-1304.JPG
IMG-1306.JPG
IMG-1307.JPG