Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages <1234>»
Tombstone Arizona. Options
darbyvet
#21 Posted : 18 March 2021 15:44:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Looks very authentic.
Carl

tf64
#22 Posted : 19 March 2021 07:29:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your response to my build, I have more to add to the water tower such as the pump shed built very much as in 1880 out west.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Markwarren
#23 Posted : 19 March 2021 13:13:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice work Trev, very interesting build.Love Love Drool

Mark
tf64
#24 Posted : 19 March 2021 13:59:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking more soon tomorrow or Sunday.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Gandale
#25 Posted : 19 March 2021 17:35:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Trev, superb piece of scratch building there and have a feeling this dio is going to be full of detail....Drool Drool .. Look forward to seeing your next update....

Regards

Alan
tf64
#26 Posted : 19 March 2021 21:49:01

Hi Alan,

Thank you for looking in and your comments,your correct about the detail I think you will enjoy the Blacksmith and Barn set up as that is very detailed.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

delboy271155
#27 Posted : 20 March 2021 17:26:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Progressing nicely.

Cool Cool Cool

Well done Trev.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tf64
#28 Posted : 21 March 2021 11:22:32

Hi Derek, hope you are all ok up there, and thank you for looking in, posting more today of the water tower and pump shed to complete the set.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#29 Posted : 22 March 2021 09:57:48

UPDATE: Water Tank.

This picture shows the part that sits on the front of the water tank, this will move the water tube up and down as as needed also you can see the behind a black wire water gauge,all pulleys turned on my lathe.

The hose will be made from a 6mm drinking straw passed through a small brass holder which had to be soldered and fitted to the tower top platform.

This is the finished water tank.

More Soon

Regards

Trev

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Gandale
#30 Posted : 22 March 2021 23:38:42

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Now that does look sweet Trev, very well thought out and the finished look is simply fabDrool Love Drool Love .....

Regards

Alan
tf64
#31 Posted : 23 March 2021 08:07:59

Thank you, Alan.

Regards

Trev

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Markwarren
#32 Posted : 23 March 2021 09:19:08

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Love the water tank.Love Love Great work Trev.

Mark
tf64
#33 Posted : 23 March 2021 09:25:48

Update:

Tower & Pump House.

In this part of my build, I really had to stop my self from overdoing it as you can see there are lots of extra bits, like the gearbox on the top platform which turns the sale, or the red valve on the side of the tower. The wind sale I made from a plastic tub the valve turned on the lathe.

The first picture shows a drawing of the pump house, the door will be the only entrance to the pump house which has to be built around the tower as in 1800, the building and Tower will be made from Coffee Stirrers.

To maintain the strength of the Tower I glued 4 sticks together to form a column and then build from that, from this photo you can see the Tower in its early stage.

Moving on, this picture shows the Tower all most complete, you can see the second stage Ladder reaching up to the top platform and a safety rail made from a 1.5mm brass rod bent and soldered around the black rod which will hold up the wind sale gearbox.
The bottom tank will be a feed off for the hand pumps and buckets.

On this close up shot you can see the wind sale which revolves around the gearbox the box is made from a beer tin as you will see I have used a beer can in the Blacksmith build.

These shots are the base of the tower and pump house, also can you see the two small hand pumps and buckets side by side, again turned by the lathe, spouts made by hand (brass rod)

This is the build completed. (notice the cart a bit more added)

More soon

Regards

Trev

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#34 Posted : 23 March 2021 09:42:51

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking at the build, I must say that I do get carried away some times with builds that why there is a long break between posts such as the tower and the cart it all works !!

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Kev the Modeller
#35 Posted : 24 March 2021 20:22:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I haven't looked in on your build for a short while Trev (been very busy elsewhere), but what a treasure trove of little gems I find when I do?! This really is a fine example of what scratchbuilding is all about and so very detailed too. Just fabulous work, I'm impressed!

I think this is one of my favourite builds on the forum Trev and really looking forward to seeing the finished Tombstone in all of it's Wild West glory.

Well done mate, top job. Drool Drool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
tf64
#36 Posted : 01 April 2021 07:11:44

Hi Kev,

Sorry, missed your post, and I thank you for your kind comments, I will be posting very soon, and yet another part of the town with plenty of detail.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

CaptnBirdseye
#37 Posted : 01 April 2021 12:24:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Drool WOW Trev, you can almost hear the tumbleweed rolling around down the street LOL Laugh LOL

Regards
Gray
tf64
#38 Posted : 01 April 2021 12:33:31

Hi Gray,

Thank you for posting and your kind comments, more very soon.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Markwarren
#39 Posted : 02 April 2021 09:03:31

Sorry, missed your last post Trev, and just catching up. Love what you are doing. Love Love Modelling at its best.

Mark
Gandale
#40 Posted : 04 April 2021 22:47:18

This is really progressing very well Trev and you can never overdo on the detail.... The thought and care going into this is just superb.....Drool Love Drool Love

Regards

Alan