Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dodge Charger R/T, Pack 14 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 09 March 2021 02:45:52

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Pack 14 Stage 56, Assembling the dashboard

In Stage 55 we assembled the dashboard, instrument cluster and switch wires. The next couple of Stages, the dashboard will be finished and installed. The upper panel of the dashboard will match the four mounting posts on the dashboard. Mount the upper panel 56A to the dash with 4KP screws. Be careful with the dash face so as not to scratch the instrument dials. The tach will be mounted next. Press the tachometer face, 56C, onto the tach housing 56B. Plastic parts, so press the face onto the housing carefully. Align the gauge face as shown in the illustration.I pre tapped the mounting hole on the tach, it made it much easier to mount. Mount the tach to the dash with an AP screw. There are four mounting posts on the lower edge of the dash. Mount the four holes on the lower panel, 56D, onto the mounting post and secure with 4KP screws. Keep the switch wires clear. The dash is complete, on to the steering column.

Stage 57, Assembling the steering column

Put the two steering column halves together and insert the 4DP screws. The steering column switch, 57D, is a plastic part, be careful when inserting into the half round hole. Attach the completed column to the dash as shown using 2AP screws. Disconnect the dash lights, 46D, at the connector as shown. Install it on the back of the dash into the four holes behind the dash gauges. The lights will sort of snap into place. There are now two parts, 56E, wire grommet, and 57c, steering column washer to put aside for now. I bagged the parts and put them into one of the blister packs for safe keeping.

Stage 58, Mounting the dashboard and roll cage

In total, there are eight recessed holes that need to be lined up to mount the dashboard assembly to the floor pan. Mount the 4CP screws thru the lower panel into the posts on the side panels. Then mount the last 4CP screws as indicated in 58.2. And now for the roll cage. I started to build the roll cage and decided that the screws needed to be left some what loose. Also, the roll cage parts are pretty heavy, so I decided to build the roll cage in place. I completed step 58.3, 59.1, then skipped ahead to Stage 60. I put the part 60B in step 60.3 onto the cage, then put 60A and 60C together from step 60.1. Installed the top assembly to the cage, went back to start tightening all of the screws.

The 3DM screws on the back of the floor pan connecting the back of the roll cage need careful alignment. I used a toothpick inserted into the holes to get the screws going in the right direction. Pay attention to the screw call out, there are CM and DM screws used to assemble the roll cage.

I’m falling back to complete 59.3 thru 59.6. I have determined that the steering column is in the correct position and I won’t need to make these adjustments. Decide for yourself if you need to
make these adjustments. The adjustment has to do with the final position of the steering wheel only.

admin attached the following image(s):
IMG-1392.JPG
IMG-1393.JPG
IMG-1395.JPG
IMG-1397.JPG
IMG-1398.JPG
IMG-1400.JPG
IMG-1401.JPG
IMG-1404.JPG
IMG-1405.JPG
IMG-1406.JPG
IMG-1409.JPG