Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dodge Charger R/T, Pack 15 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 18 March 2021 23:54:51

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Pack 15 Stages 61-65

Stage 61; Attaching the steering wheel

Find the steering wheel we built a long time ago. Find a JM screw and the steering column washer. The washer fits one way, so I put the washer on first and then inserted the steering wheel column with the flat facing up ( please note that the instructions indicate that the steering column should be installed with the flat facing down. The through hole is in the shaft coming up from the steering box and needs to be on top of the steering column). I dropped the screw through the upper half hole (on the shaft from the steering box) and secured the steering column with that JM screw and checked to see if the steering worked by taking the weight off the front end and checking. It works. Now we’ll work on the wiring for the four different power up options, dash lights, sound, brake lights, and lights. These four sets of wires should be coming up between the fire wall and the back of the dash. Since the wires are loose I’ll choose to make the connections first. Then I put the wire grommet with one EP screw on, set the four pairs of wires ( black, green, white and red and white) into the space for the wires, as neatly as possible, swung the wire grommet over the wires and secured with the other EP screw. The last step in Stage 61 is to remove the standoffs from the middle section of the car body. Stage 61 is complete. At this point I decided to organize the work space a little (things are getting pretty large), so I stashed the chassis away for the time being.

Stage 62; Assembling the car body

The screws for this Stage were at the bottom of the bag, I almost threw them away. I got the screws out of the trash and pre tapped the center hole on the rear window deck. Placed the rear section under the middle section and slid the rear body up over the mounting posts on the side of the middle section. Secured the two parts with the center QM screw. I put the other two QM screws in, and finished with the 4AM screws on the sides. Make sure all the screws used in this Pack to secure body parts are tight.

Stage 63; Mounting the door hinges

The most important part of this stage is the parts orientation. The instruction diagrams aren’t real clear, so proceed carefully. Mount the left hinge, the smaller silver part marked with an L on the backside to the left hinge bracket with an AP screw. Build the other side and attach the hinges to the door openings as shown.

Stage 64&65; Installing the quarter panel (I)&(II)

There are pins on the middle and rear sections that will locate the panels. There are eight screws used to secure the panels to the body sections, install the panels and AM screws as shown.

Pack 15 is complete.
admin attached the following image(s):
IMG-1554.JPG
IMG-1555.JPG
IMG-1556.JPG
IMG-1558.JPG
IMG-1559.JPG
IMG-1560.JPG
IMG-1561.JPG
IMG-1562.JPG
IMG-1563.JPG
IMG-1564.jpg