Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
What modelling goodies has your postman delivered recently? Options
Kev the Modeller
#1 Posted : 31 March 2021 12:06:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hello all,

I thought it would be interesting and create a new talking point on the forum if we had a thread where members could just quickly show what they've bought recently and added to their stash? It doesn't just have to be new kits, it can be anything from any genre, be it kits, accessories, aftermarket parts, decals, paints and glues or reference books? Anything goes as long as it's modelling related so feel free to post up pictures of your recent purchases?

Personally, I've been on a bit of a spending spree recently so to kick things off, these are some of the items that my postie has recently delivered to me. First up, I am trying to collect a few 'Battle of Britain' aircraft for a few future diaries and have bought these:

The new tool Tamiya 1:48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1, this kit is very accurate and has had some fantastic reviews:

The recently released new tool Airfix 1:48 Hawker Hurricane Mk.1, along with a set of aftermarket decals that include markings for Douglas Baders' aircraft:

The Eduard 1:48 Limited Edition 'Adlerangriff' (Eagle Attack) dual boxing of the Messerchmitt Me109. There's two full kits and no less than 13 markings options in this box!:

The Airfix 1:48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XIV 'Civilian Schemes' boxing. I love that red scheme!:

The Aerotech 1:32 Percival 'Mew Gull' as flown into the record books by the late great Alex Henshaw. Pre-owned and quite expensive but I love record breaking aircraft and I have been wanting this kit for some time so I treated myself!:

Finally, another kit that I've been after for a while - the highly detailed Accurate Miniatures 1:24 1969 McLaren M8B Can-Am racer. This kit comes in three different boxings, each with a different set of markings but essentially the same parts with the odd small additional piece. The one that I wanted, as a McLaren fan, was the original orange scheme as driven by Bruce McLaren himself and also Denny Hulme? This version of the kit is hard to come by but I've finally snagged one, albeit with a very crushed and misshapen box but the kit contents are all fine and still sealed, so it'll do for me! I have also bought the 99.9% accurate 'Mclaren Orange' paint, more correctly known as 'Papaya' from Zero paints:

I will do some 'what's in the box' reviews for these kits as and when I come to build them. This thread is just to show what I've bought?

That's my recent purchases, so what modelling goodies have you recently had delivered by your hardworking postie? Let us all know!

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
RM1
#2 Posted : 31 March 2021 15:00:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow... I didn't know that M8B kit existed. I built the Tamiya M8A a couple of years back ( 1/18 scale ). I wouldn't mind adding a M8B to the collection.
Some nice goodies from the postman.BigGrin
Malc.
semaj
#3 Posted : 31 March 2021 15:18:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

My newest collection is the Eleanor mustang from gone in 60 seconds not planning to start building this until next yer when I have a nice chunk of parts. That's a typical monthly sub....

I'm also going to have a go at learning how to solder so bought everything g I need to get started and should all be delivered today!
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Kev the Modeller
#4 Posted : 31 March 2021 17:08:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

RM1 wrote:
Wow... I didn't know that M8B kit existed. I built the Tamiya M8A a couple of years back ( 1/18 scale ). I wouldn't mind adding a M8B to the collection.
Some nice goodies from the postman.BigGrin
Malc.

Hi Malc, yeah it's been around since 1998, a very good kit with loads of detail packed into what is quite a small scale at 1:24, but very accurate and looks great when finished. I did own one in mint condition many years ago but sold it a few years later when having a stash clearout and had lost interest in motorsport for a while. Immediately regretted it and have been searching for one ever since!

Here's a link to the three different boxings of this kit ...:

https://www.scalemates.c...urate+miniatures+1%3A24*

... and another that shows quite a good build of the kit with some good reference photos within the build diary ... :

https://modelshipworld.c...e-miniatures-124-scale/

... and a review of the kit showing the parts here:

http://www.internetmodel...st-looks/ca_mclaren.htm

Hard to find the orange one, but not impossible. The other two versions are quite easily found on the internet and on ebay.

Kev BigGrin

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Kev the Modeller
#5 Posted : 31 March 2021 17:16:38

semaj wrote:
My newest collection is the Eleanor mustang from gone in 60 seconds not planning to start building this until next year when I have a nice chunk of parts. That's a typical monthly sub....

I'm also going to have a go at learning how to solder so bought everything g I need to get started and should all be delivered today!

That's a nice kit when finished, I wish you success and a lot of enjoyment with it when you start building James and good luck with learning about soldering. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting when you start learning the techniques and it will be another feather in your modelling skills cap once you've mastered it!

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
semaj
#6 Posted : 31 March 2021 19:20:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Kev the Modeller wrote:
semaj wrote:
My newest collection is the Eleanor mustang from gone in 60 seconds not planning to start building this until next year when I have a nice chunk of parts. That's a typical monthly sub....

That's a nice kit when finished, I wish you success and a lot of enjoyment with it when you start building James and good luck with learning about soldering. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting when you start learning the techniques and it will be another feather in your modelling skills cap once you've mastered it!

Kev.

Thanks Kev, really appreciate that! Looking forward to learning a new skill!

Yeah Eleanor will be interesting - I have the 1st 6 kit so far and boy have they messed things up..... I missed the boat on the original 'stang build from de agostini but back in January I finished the version from agora and really enjoyed it. Always wanted an Eleanor on my shelf so looking forward to it. I have a bit too much on the go atm and no space left on or under my bench hence waiting until one is finished - the bismarck should be done by october/November I think
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
darbyvet
#7 Posted : 31 March 2021 19:53:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Cool stash.Accurate miniatures made some awqesome kits.The McClaren was one of the best.Not an easy build, but a stunner once finished.

Carl

CaptnBirdseye
#8 Posted : 31 March 2021 21:03:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Laugh Funny you should ask that, but it seems all i have done lately is spend on stash kits!

Because i was supposed to be attending the Scalemodellingnow Face painting course (now cancelled), i bought a few miniatures to take with me. I really like the details on the Youngs Miniatures Viking and the Nuts Planet Sheild Maiden is in another league (plus i was watching Vikings on TV at the time and she looks remarkably like Largatha Love ).

I wanted the Douglas bader miniature to compliment my Spitfire (if i ever get it finished Laugh ).

The two bikes are a passion of mine. Firstly the Repsol Honda RC214V of Marc Marquez (with detail up kits), and Ducati 1199 Panigale, again with detail up kits (why do these cost as much if not more than the actual model Cursing) , because after MV Agusta, these are arguably the best looking bikes on the planet BigGrin
CaptnBirdseye attached the following image(s):
1Q4A1548.jpg
1Q4A1547.jpg
1Q4A1549.jpg
1Q4A1550.jpg
admin
#9 Posted : 01 April 2021 02:35:44

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Leseee....

Another 1/12 MFH Bugatti T35, and the Lancaster 1/32 “cockpit” kit from HongKong Models. I’ve got the Alfa Stradale on hold at MFH until I find out what April’s kit will be. It’s a wire wheel Alfa for sure, but what??
Kev the Modeller
#10 Posted : 01 April 2021 14:51:01

Some nice additions to your respective stashes Gray and Mark, thanks for posting.

@ Gray - Those figures are very nice, I've seen some fantastically finished examples of that 'Shield Maiden' online and that Douglas Bader cockpit piece is still on my want list. Pretty keen on that Ducati as well! Drool ThumpUp

@ Mark - Some nice kits there that will keep you busy for a very long time knowing how long those MFH kits take to build! Have fun if and when you find the time!

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
roymattblack
#11 Posted : 01 April 2021 15:32:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Some nice goodies in people's stashes here.

My new stuff...?

Two packs of casting resin, some fine leather, decal paper and a few cans of spray paint.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I can hear you all saying.LOL LOL LOL
Kev the Modeller
#12 Posted : 01 April 2021 15:47:49

roymattblack wrote:

My new stuff...?

Two packs of casting resin, some fine leather, decal paper and a few cans of spray paint.

Not at all Roy, the title says 'Modelling goodies' and supplies/sundries are equally a part of the hobby as are kits? Feel free to put up a photo of what's been delivered by your postie, even if you think it's not important .... it is!

Kev. Smile

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Silent_Running
#13 Posted : 01 April 2021 16:18:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Kev the Modeller wrote:
roymattblack wrote:

My new stuff...?

Not at all Roy, the title says 'Modelling goodies' and supplies/sundries are equally a part of the hobby as are kits? Feel free to put up a photo of what's been delivered by your postie, even if you think it's not important .... it is!

Kev. Smile

Totally agree with that Kev BigGrin
Silent_Running
#14 Posted : 01 April 2021 16:32:50

Well the postman has brought me a 1/48 scale Hienkel He177, a 1/48 scale convair B-58 Hustler ( wow it’s a smasher Drool Drool Drool )

He also brought me a 1/48 scale CH/HH-47D Sea Knight Helicopter with a Stars and Stripes nose decal that seems so difficult it brings me out in a cold sweat, whenever I look at it. The chap that sold it to me seemed very eager to sell it to me, he even gave me a discount. When I completed the sale he sent a message which said ‘Good luck with that nose decal’. Of course I didn’t think anything of until it arrived and I saw the picture on the box. Scared

I’ll post pictures and you’ll see what I mean about the decal. It’s all go here Laugh LOL LOL
tigerace
#15 Posted : 01 April 2021 18:59:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well i have just got the 1/9 Kubelwagen Drool Drool and some more soldiers for the dioramas also pack 4 arrived for the Dodge chargerCool

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Markwarren
#16 Posted : 01 April 2021 22:46:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Well mine has been a lot of restocking of supplies. Brass rods, diorama materials, grass, powders etc. I did several weeks ago get a 1/24 scale resin mini moke with some after market parts. This is for a James Bond diorama, Roger Moore film.

Not quite as exciting as some of you guys.

Mark
Sparky1962
#17 Posted : 02 April 2021 08:50:26

morning silent_running,
have just googled your 'CH/HH-47D Sea Knight Helicopter' model kit. best of luck with the decal's, take your time & think the **** words.
Mark
mogwai
#18 Posted : 03 April 2021 11:57:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi not much to show but got issue 20 of ghost busters car,the bonnet liner, and hinges the roof and left wing which are metal, it's a big heavy lump that for sure. BigGrin
mogwai attached the following image(s):
IMG_20210403_115341.jpg
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
Mustang
#19 Posted : 03 April 2021 19:23:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Silent_Running wrote:
Well the postman has brought me a 1/48 scale Hienkel He177, a 1/48 scale convair B-58 Hustler ( wow it’s a smasher Drool Drool Drool )

He also brought me a 1/48 scale CH/HH-47D Sea Knight Helicopter with a Stars and Stripes nose decal that seems so difficult it brings me out in a cold sweat, whenever I look at it. The chap that sold it to me seemed very eager to sell it to me, he even gave me a discount. When I completed the sale he sent a message which said ‘Good luck with that nose decal’. Of course I didn’t think anything of until it arrived and I saw the picture on the box. Scared

I’ll post pictures and you’ll see what I mean about the decal. It’s all go here Laugh LOL LOL

I have that kit, yes the nose decal will take some work to do I’ve already had ideas of how I might tackle it when I start mine.
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -
Current Build - Below Decks - https://forum.model-spac...sts&m=339187#339187 -

Coming Soon -

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
Silent_Running
#20 Posted : 03 April 2021 19:31:09

Mustang wrote:
Silent_Running wrote:

I have that kit, yes the nose decal will take some work to do I’ve already had ideas of how I might tackle it when I start mine.

Hi Mustang,
Are you going to mod this kit or build as is. As for the nose decal, I thought you would have an ace up your sleeve. I would image planning is the key to this. I’ve also got the impression from looking at it that it is a one shot deal. What do you think?
Regards
Glenn