Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Fiat, Pack 15 Options
admin
#1 Posted : 10 April 2021 01:33:41

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Pack 15 Stages 71-75

It was like Xmas opening up the Pack, there’s a car body to start working on. The interior goes into the chassis, lots of fun modelling happening. Anyway, I found a loose bag of parts a long, long time ago in a Pack far, far away. Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. The parts in that bag finally showed up in Stage 71. I’m glad I hung on to them. Now, on to the build!!

Stage 7; Throttle lever

First off is the ventilation diffuser. It fit when I set it into the recessed areas on the vertical panel. Secured it with a CP screw. Now, onto the mystery parts. There never was a mention of these parts anywhere. Take the motor cover off, there are two different types of screws to keep separate. Remove the screw from the upper part of the engine (I had to orient the motor exactly like the build guide to find it). Got the linkage in and replaced the motor cover. Back to the Caravan. Put the inner panel of the back window in place and secure with 2IP screws. Note: the three tabs on the panel go to the roof panel.

Stage 72; The battery box

Place the battery onto the three posted holes and secure with 3BM screws. Curtains in the Caravan. These curtains over the rear window get held on both the top and bottom. Install as shown.

Stage 73; Fitting the interior

I took a photo of the dining table. Everything is out in this Pack. My modelling area hasn’t been big enough for this in a long time. I marked up the locating pins and the screw placement for this step in the photos for clarity,. (I hope!) I set the chassis and the floor pan (interior) on their sides to make up the wire connections. After connecting the interior wires to the chassis wires, I had two sets left over, red red and red white in the front and all the wires at the side in the back. There should be three sets in the back. As shown they should come out the left side after the chassis is joined to the interior. I put the whole assembly on it’s side again to secure the chassis and interior with 4JP screws. Then I put 2AAA batteries in to check the three functions on the dash, speedometer light, motor sound and horn. Back to the Caravan. Press fit the colored windows to the silver mounts and press into place at the lower rear panel.

Stage 74; Caravan rear reflectors

Press fit the rear reflectors into the lower rear panel on the trailer as shown. Carefully press the rear lights into the silver mount from the backside as shown. The connector should be to the right side of the trailer. It's probably a good time to get the car stands. The car may be heavy enough to start flatting the tires. It only gets heavier from here.

Stage 7; The body

First thing I did was to polish all of the finished surfaces. Then I installed the door switches as shown. Bend the wires carefully so that the switches will end up parallel to the body. The connector should be to the left side of the body as shown in the last photo of the build guide.
admin attached the following image(s):
IMG-1922.JPG
IMG-1924.JPG
IMG-1927.JPG
IMG-1928.JPG
IMG-1929.JPG
IMG-1930.JPG
IMG-1931.JPG
IMG-1932.jpg
IMG-1933.jpg
IMG-1934.jpg
IMG-1936.JPG